Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990248 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12690 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:55 am »

Wow, that is a super blobed world.  jelly
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12691 on: October 12, 2017, 11:48:41 am »

Normally you just take over the Italians or Carpathians to get your own Empire level title

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: October 12, 2017, 02:13:36 pm »

You need more land (or is it holdings? or dejure kingdoms? I don't remember) than is in the area it held.
Looking at that map, it looks like it contains Serbia, Croatia, and Bulgaria, and you only need 3 kingdoms held--not even necessarily de jure, just held--to create a custom empire. The real barrier to creation is the 8000 prestige and 1000 gold requirement.

The non-aggression pact issue is a travesty, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: October 14, 2017, 07:36:39 pm »

I always like to begin my first characters as one of those semi-legendary figures that we're not sure if they're real or not but they seem like they're fucking insanely good at everything they do. A good start to the dynasty.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:15 pm »

hunh. despite the destruction of the Catholic world outside of italy an England has emerged.  And it came pre-reformed. :o. the cathar king has a respectable 9.5k troopcount and the southern half of england.  Scotland and north England is ununified and some are still romuvan.

and my emps was murdered by a jealous lover.  :o. how inhumane he never even suspected it was coming
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: October 15, 2017, 09:30:09 pm »

I always like to begin my first characters as one of those semi-legendary figures that we're not sure if they're real or not but they seem like they're fucking insanely good at everything they do. A good start to the dynasty.
Do you know of any mods that would do that mid-game? I'm thinking something like the Anti-christ event chain, except without the demonic overtones.

Hell, it could get pretty in-depth. If you made the MTTH last the entire game, or most of it, you could make it a incredibly busy time with a load of events dealing with your king being an adventuring super-badass.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12696 on: October 17, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »

I got a mod that makes satanism a religion that starts out unknown but can arise if you plot hard enough. Next time I have time, I think I'll try to make the Unholy Roman Empire.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:33 am »

Bumping this because changelog (and achievements) have been divulged.

Since it's too big, might as well just point out some highlights that caught my attention
Code: [Select]
PAID FEATURES:
- Casus Belli Expansion:
- Revised Tributary system, with new permanent Tributary States that also provide you with soldiers in addition to golden
- Many new CB's specifically tailored for the early game, such as Border Dispute, Ducal Conquest and Force Vassalization
- Additional CB's for larger nations without many options, such as Great Conquest and De Jure Duchy claims

- Rally Points:
- Rally points can now be placed to allow for easy management of your levies in wartime, your troops will automatically move to and merge at destinations you define
- Set rally points for navies, which work much like the ones for levies

FREE FEATURES:
- Added new Sogdian Zoroastrian heresy 'Khurmazta'
- Added Game Rule controlling Siege Assaults
- Added Decisions to form the Knights of St. Anthony and the Knights of St. Addai
- Added Assyrian culture and some historical Assyrian characters
- Added Manichean Holy Sites
- Added a "Bema" festival for Manichaeans
- Added a "Sadeh" festival for Zoroastrians and Khurmazta
- Added Holy Order for Manicheans
- Added a Manichean Head of Religion
- Artifacts can now be destroyed from the Treasury screen
- Added a special Honorary Title called Teacher. Teachers become the default Educators of children.
- Armies now use whichever flank leader has the best siege modifier for determining the leader bonus to sieges, and the best movement speed flank leader for determining movement speed
- There are now three tiers of Kinslaying based on how close to you the person you killed was. The closer the relation the bigger the punishment:
1) Kinslayer - Siblings, parents, children any direct ancestor or descendant.
2) Familial Kinslayer - Blood aunts/uncles, cousins, nieces/nephews.
3) Dynastic Kinslayer - Any other dynasty member.
Muslims are exempt from gaining Kinslayer traits and you will only get the traits if the death is public knowledge.
- You can now arrange marriage on behalf of your landed children and grandchildren, not just those in your court. They will now also always accept your marriage proposals. Both of these features are only usable if they are your vassals or below, and have been rulers for at most 10 years
- Your children and grandchildren now have a checkbox on their character page that can be used to prevent them from getting married by the AI, though they may still get married by event and similar. Useful for ensuring your landed relatives don't get into bad marriages. Like arranging marriage on their behalf, this can only be used if they are your vassals or below, and have been rulers for at most 10 years
- Looter armies now only cost 10% maintenance if you are at peace
- No longer possible to turn an army into a Looter if you are at war
- The Silk Road no longer gets cut off by sieges and occupation, but instead has its value decreased downstream
- Trade post wars no longer cause counties to be considered "contested", which would prevent the county from being given away and similar
- The 'All' Gender Equality rule no longer prohibits Achievements, though you will not be able to gain the 'Empressive' achievement while the rule is enabled
- Unlanded characters will no longer take the "become council member" ambition
- Tribal rulers in 867 now start out with some tribal buildings already built
- Muslim Holy Wars now subjugate rulers in the target area, similar to how Muslim Invasions work, with the exception if they are of another Muslim sect where it works like before
- Characters who have been convinced to Straighten Up once will no longer become Decadent again
- Once the AI gets to its allies it won't decide that if it can't attach due to supply, it is better for everyone if it just packs its bags and goes home. Instead it will now try to stick close
- The AI is now vaguely aware of the existence of tribal vassals when evaluating whether a faction has a real chance of succeeding
- The AI now checks to see exactly how many liege levies it'll deny its liege by revolting, rather than going "eh, half my levies I guess?"
- The AI now takes tribal vassals into account in most decisions where it considers how strong a potential enemy or ally is, rather than simply pretending they don't exist
- Raiding adventurers now realize once they've been settled that maybe, just maybe, they should consider their new realm their base of army operations, and return armies there when they're not up to anything
- If defensive pacts are disabled, the AI will no longer think no one could possibly be a threat to it
- AI: Made the Pope less reluctant to accept requests for excommunication
- The AI no longer gets increasingly reckless the more "rational" it is; being enlightened by your intelligence turns out not to make your troops any better
- The AI is now a bit more aware of just how superior heavy cavalry is to light infantry
- Gave the AI a crash course in how to hand out titles
- Gave the AI a crash course in how to transfer vassals in a way that won't make you want to claw your eyes out
- Taught the AI a few things about how supply works, and why a doomstack isn't always the best way to deal with it while travelling to its destination. The AI is hard of hearing, so it only partially understood this lesson, but partial understanding beats no understanding, right?
- Taught the Pope Geography 101, with an emphasis on what "distance from Catholicism" and "size of kingdom" means in the context of Crusades, and why this means that invading India when Egypt is right there might be a bad idea
- Horsed around a little
- Got in touch with the animal buried within me
- Retinues now show what combat bonuses they have

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: November 08, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

There are some pretty hilarious notes in that change log.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: November 08, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »

- Fixed being able to eat your family members whilst in seclusion and not getting the kinslayer trait

- Taught the Pope that lifting his own excommunication when he becomes the Pope makes him a better role model for other Catholics

- Fixed an issue where you could be asked to approve a plot against yourself
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: November 08, 2017, 04:39:07 pm »

Bon appetit sounds awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: November 09, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »

Aladdin's reference escapes me.

And Mu'nis al-Muzaffar was a eunuch. Eh...?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:36:27 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: November 09, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »

Aladdin, the original story (out of the Arabian nights, I think), was originally Chinese. Like, the original story was set in China, Aladdin himself was Chinese, etc.

Points for being one of the few people who realize this
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: November 09, 2017, 11:55:10 pm »

I figured it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: November 10, 2017, 02:14:56 am »

That "servant no more" achievement is presumably achievable either by becoming a Satanist and regaining your scimitar, or by marrying four straight lustful women and looking the other way when one of them cheats on you.

Also, that The Conqueror achievement seems interesting. You'd have to become Norman somewhere down the line... move your court to Cornwall, perhaps?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1002