Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990264 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13065 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:12 am »

Ming is replaced by the dynasty on China's throne and any land the Western Protectorate personally owns goes to China. Presumably, if you have Mandate of Heaven, any protectorate tributaries start the game as Chinese tributaries.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: February 14, 2018, 11:33:40 am »

Oh, and China gets whatever religion the Emperor has, even if it could not ordinarily gain the Mandate of Heaven in EU4. So that's dope.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: February 18, 2018, 09:30:04 pm »

My brave Magyar horsemen have worked tirelessly to purge Europe of the terrible invisible men plaguing Finland and Perm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Committed genocide against the Poles and Russians in the process, but meh. Collateral damage when you have ghost Finns from hell on the table, y'know?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: February 18, 2018, 10:17:06 pm »

Please stop stabbing our windmills
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: February 20, 2018, 08:14:07 pm »

Started playing.

Modded in the Charlemagne-marry-italy event to happen in 1 day, and the rivalry to kick off in 1 day.  Since I couldnt seem to mod in an intrisic claim on italy into the karlings of 769.

So far, its been triggered 3 out of 3 times, so Id call it a success.  charle at least is guaranteed to pop out little half-lombards that can try to HRE it up.  why are you so bad at prioritizing keeping your realm in one piece game ai?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »

Started playing.

Modded in the Charlemagne-marry-italy event to happen in 1 day, and the rivalry to kick off in 1 day.  Since I couldnt seem to mod in an intrisic claim on italy into the karlings of 769.

So far, its been triggered 3 out of 3 times, so Id call it a success.  charle at least is guaranteed to pop out little half-lombards that can try to HRE it up.  why are you so bad at prioritizing keeping your realm in one piece game ai?

huh, it shouldn't be that hard to give Charlemagne a strong claim on italy. go in to his character entry and add something like

768.12.31 = {
effect = {
add_claim = k_italy
}
}

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: February 21, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »

i cant find him.  In the files I mean.  /characters/frankish.txt but no charles.

But somehow italy vassaled to Byzantine admist several rebellions.  cant tell if he willingly did so or not, but no truce was evident.

The kids have the weak claim, just imagine a fractured france trying to take the Byzantines with uyyamads around.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: February 21, 2018, 04:21:32 pm »

Easiest way to pick out a character isn't by name (which varies, sometimes wildly, based on localization and character culture) but rather by their numeric ID in the code.  From the console in the game, enter "charinfo", then mouse over the character's portrait until the debug info pops up.  Charlemagne has character ID 6392, and you'll find him (like most early Frankish characters) in the characters file "old_frankish.txt" under the base given name "Karl".  Once you've done this, you can copy the file over to your mod in the appropriate directory and add the code ZeroGravitas already posted.

I'll admit, though, I did cheat a bit to find it efficiently: I grabbed the ID and then did a search for it through all the character files using Notepad++.  It seemed a touch more efficient than poking around manually.

EDIT:
If all you have is the display name, though, there is an alternative method of pulling his character ID without opening the game.  All you need to do is identify the file containing his plaintext display name in the localization directory.  For Charlemagne, he is located in the file v2_50.csv.  ERA_CHAR_NAME_6392 is set to Charlemagne in English and French, Karl der Große in German, and Carlomagno in Spanish, where the number on the end (6392) is his character ID.  This is obviously a bit non-obvious, if nothing else because Charlemagne DLC was released concurrently with v2.2 and not v2.5 and because Charlemagne was in the game on version 1.0 release.  There are hundreds of localization files and not much to easily identify which one you need, so some way to search inside the files is more or less mandatory if you go this route. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:37:43 pm by Culise »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #13073 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:31 pm »

Couldn't you just use the claim console command? It's just:

claim titlename charid

So like:

claim k_italy 6392

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:01 pm »

i cant find him.  In the files I mean.  /characters/frankish.txt but no charles.

that's because he's in old_frankish.txt

first entry :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: February 23, 2018, 09:43:29 pm »

so excite.  It finally happened.  My character became immortal.  And in the same year, magnus of the hermetic society.  the year before that he successfully revolted against his Lombardian overlord to force italy into the Newly formed holy roman empire.  And before that he  killed his duke liegelord and stole the title from his son, and told the pope to eat a bag of floppy pope hats.

Now he will focus on gaining the empire, or at least the italian kingdom.  Excited to see the holy roman empire in the first time since charlemagne first came out.  How sad it is, that the dlc meant to help flesh out the HRE makes it so hard to see in the early starts it itself added in?
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: February 27, 2018, 04:12:24 am »

... I see it in at least half my games.

In really weird areas.

Particularly memorable was a Holy African Empire.

As in, the AI that formed it used the Kingdom of Africa as template, so the HRE Coat of Arms was based on the African CoA.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: March 09, 2018, 06:41:21 pm »

send them some of that lucious temple gold.

you get a good amount of it from settlement razing even if you dont actually collect the publicly announced gold for 'razing'.  just capturing a settlement nets gold.

or givem an artifact, which im sure looting got you.

or use your chancellor.  or wed their 7th son to your daughter.

usually France keeps them busy until they gavelkin apart . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: March 09, 2018, 11:34:20 pm »

So I was thinking of going full satan and trying to get the satanic religion going (there is a satanic religion/heresy right? Could of sworn I saw one), and just full my characters with all the evil red traits. Has anyone tried this and how much fun was it? Any fun events?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: March 09, 2018, 11:55:03 pm »

Sounds familiar, but never seen it myself. Wiki has no info on it, but admits to being out of date.

...Byzantine Emperor was really really clearly a Satanist in one of my games, though. I'd figure if there was an Orthodox equivalent that'd have been the time for it to crop up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1002