Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 934

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 942557 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Hippos howl again
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13635 on: March 11, 2018, 04:25:01 pm »

I don’t think I’ve ever played a non-Ironman game. There are times when I’ve stopped playing any particular save due to it (my most recent game as India ‘cause I have a massive revolt to deal with, for example) but I usually intend to go back to them at some point.

I also have difficulty with the outside bet thing. Not really sure how to approach it heh. Won it as the other two though.
First: Svend II has way too many children. You are going to use them to get as many king-tier allies as you can. You can usually get marriages with France and Hungary going very easily. I also lucked out in that Harald peaced with Harold, grabbing random chunks of England, before William could usurp. You'll also want to abuse the business focus and the jew borrow/expel decisions to make money. If the war starts dragging for too long, switch to family focus for the health bonus so Svend doesn't keel over before time (you need him alive for the challenge to count). France will likely only agree to ally you after William has won and you've declared war, so you'll have to take the leap. If you are very lucky, you can sometimes manage a marriage-alliance with Norway or Sweden, which is just great. I actually got the immortal event chain to start midway through this but it fizzled out, and the satanists didn't respond to my interest.

For me the war devolved into an English doomstack roaming Normandy while everyone in my alliance were running rampant on England itself.
Teneb's Miscmods, for more stuff in your fort.
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: March 11, 2018, 04:55:34 pm »

I like ironmanning it.

when you lose three kings in quick succession its really hard to keep the empire intact, and if you make multiple top-tier titles you'll lose them easily.

sometimes, the game just has it out for you, and EG is usually more interesting than LG; though midgame can be fun if you manage to bump uglies with a powerhouse empire like France or Byzantium or one of the muzzies, if they are doing well.
One way I've learned to reduce faction strength is join the Hermetic Society, find the strongest guy in the faction, then make them your apprentice. It immediately kicks them from the faction.
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Hippos howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: March 11, 2018, 05:12:54 pm »

I like ironmanning it.

when you lose three kings in quick succession its really hard to keep the empire intact, and if you make multiple top-tier titles you'll lose them easily.

sometimes, the game just has it out for you, and EG is usually more interesting than LG; though midgame can be fun if you manage to bump uglies with a powerhouse empire like France or Byzantium or one of the muzzies, if they are doing well.
One way I've learned to reduce faction strength is join the Hermetic Society, find the strongest guy in the faction, then make them your apprentice. It immediately kicks them from the faction.
Satanists are also good for that, thanks to the kidnapping they have available.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: March 11, 2018, 05:15:51 pm »

Focus=spy
Spy on guy
Put him in the bag.  Kidnap is what you want, by murder is usually okay too.

Focus=carousing
Carouse all the faction leaders.  Bribe the ones you need the most to get them into positive disposition.
One on ones are better for forming the kinds of friendships you want from the focus.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Hippos howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: March 11, 2018, 08:30:34 pm »

Wow I just... I decided, for a change of pace, to start a game as a count in Noob Island. Immediately I corner and kill the White Stag. What is this madness?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: March 11, 2018, 10:17:22 pm »

Wow I just... I decided, for a change of pace, to start a game as a count in Noob Island. Immediately I corner and kill the White Stag. What is this madness?

I hate to tell you this, but you’re a dick.
Quote from: Kagus
Quote from: Felissan
Of all the threads that could turn into Chuck Tingle, this is probably the one I expected the least.
Double-Teamed in the Poop Chute By My Crippling Depression and Ennui, a new eroticella novella by Chuck Tingle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:44 pm »

grrrrr

going feudal resets the 'nomad agitation' req, reactivating it and making it impossible to achieve, since each county now requires 650 moneybucks instead of the measly 600 prestige.  And there's only, idk, 16 of the damn things in my kingdom rn.  Ive been busy.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:18 pm »

Spoiler: :( (click to show/hide)
I track my running!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:01 pm »

Installed HIP and am doing a Ghana run. Africa seems a lot more interesting in HIP because of all the extra playable area. Recently refomed West African so now I can convert all these random muslim children I have in my dungeon from sieges.

I love the extra siege flavor but managing all the prisoners you get can be troublesome. I usually ransom them all for around 200 gold unless I have someone useful, like an heir or the next caliph. Once I hit mass execute for giggles.

That makes me think, what happens if you convert an heir to the caliphate? Does it make him ineligible to inherit the title? After expanding northward I am now bordering a large gray muslim blob to the east that also holds the caliphate, and is much more dangerous than the other blob north of me that is self destructing from decadence. I am concerned about being holywarred or even jihad'ed by the larger gray blob, and perhaps making the next caliph west african would stop that. (Sorry I don't know the names. I love HIP's naming using the actual languages of the culture of the ruler / region but it makes all muslim realms have gibberish names)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:55:42 pm by Vivalas »

The NSA is always watching you!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • How are you a cop again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:49 pm »

Heretics/whatever are kicked from the succession, unfortunately. Though unless HIP changes things, Islamic nations use open succession anyways. So converting their heir will probably just have them choose someone else instead. Definitely a bit of a bummer, unless you're playing as one. If you are then it's easy eugenics with all of your concubines.

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: March 13, 2018, 11:45:14 pm »

Heretics/whatever are kicked from the succession, unfortunately. Though unless HIP changes things, Islamic nations use open succession anyways. So converting their heir will probably just have them choose someone else instead. Definitely a bit of a bummer, unless you're playing as one. If you are then it's easy eugenics with all of your concubines.
To note, no, the HIP team has not done anything (yet) to Muslim succession.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13646 on: March 15, 2018, 10:52:48 am »

Spoiler: :( (click to show/hide)
How did the treatment go? I've had characters survive cancer into their 70s with amazing doctors

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: March 15, 2018, 12:56:37 pm »

I’ve had gout cured by making my character a(n?) eunuch.
Quote from: Kagus
Quote from: Felissan
Of all the threads that could turn into Chuck Tingle, this is probably the one I expected the least.
Double-Teamed in the Poop Chute By My Crippling Depression and Ennui, a new eroticella novella by Chuck Tingle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: March 15, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »

Arbitrary and content but alive and lumpy at 16.

I imagine some sort of 'pre-water' Helen Keller, who is happy to Blot around and just act like a noble.
I track my running!

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: March 15, 2018, 05:25:30 pm »

I’ve had gout cured by making my character a(n?) eunuch.
MEDICINE!
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 934