Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990247 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13095 on: March 11, 2018, 05:15:51 pm »

Focus=spy
Spy on guy
Put him in the bag.  Kidnap is what you want, by murder is usually okay too.

Focus=carousing
Carouse all the faction leaders.  Bribe the ones you need the most to get them into positive disposition.
One on ones are better for forming the kinds of friendships you want from the focus.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: March 11, 2018, 08:30:34 pm »

Wow I just... I decided, for a change of pace, to start a game as a count in Noob Island. Immediately I corner and kill the White Stag. What is this madness?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: March 11, 2018, 10:17:22 pm »

Wow I just... I decided, for a change of pace, to start a game as a count in Noob Island. Immediately I corner and kill the White Stag. What is this madness?

I hate to tell you this, but you’re a dick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:44 pm »

grrrrr

going feudal resets the 'nomad agitation' req, reactivating it and making it impossible to achieve, since each county now requires 650 moneybucks instead of the measly 600 prestige.  And there's only, idk, 16 of the damn things in my kingdom rn.  Ive been busy.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:18 pm »

Spoiler: :( (click to show/hide)
PKs DF Mod!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:01 pm »

Installed HIP and am doing a Ghana run. Africa seems a lot more interesting in HIP because of all the extra playable area. Recently refomed West African so now I can convert all these random muslim children I have in my dungeon from sieges.

I love the extra siege flavor but managing all the prisoners you get can be troublesome. I usually ransom them all for around 200 gold unless I have someone useful, like an heir or the next caliph. Once I hit mass execute for giggles.

That makes me think, what happens if you convert an heir to the caliphate? Does it make him ineligible to inherit the title? After expanding northward I am now bordering a large gray muslim blob to the east that also holds the caliphate, and is much more dangerous than the other blob north of me that is self destructing from decadence. I am concerned about being holywarred or even jihad'ed by the larger gray blob, and perhaps making the next caliph west african would stop that. (Sorry I don't know the names. I love HIP's naming using the actual languages of the culture of the ruler / region but it makes all muslim realms have gibberish names)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:55:42 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:49 pm »

Heretics/whatever are kicked from the succession, unfortunately. Though unless HIP changes things, Islamic nations use open succession anyways. So converting their heir will probably just have them choose someone else instead. Definitely a bit of a bummer, unless you're playing as one. If you are then it's easy eugenics with all of your concubines.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13102 on: March 15, 2018, 10:52:48 am »

Spoiler: :( (click to show/hide)
How did the treatment go? I've had characters survive cancer into their 70s with amazing doctors

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: March 15, 2018, 12:56:37 pm »

I’ve had gout cured by making my character a(n?) eunuch.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: March 15, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »

Arbitrary and content but alive and lumpy at 16.

I imagine some sort of 'pre-water' Helen Keller, who is happy to Blot around and just act like a noble.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: March 15, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »

It fixed you!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: March 18, 2018, 05:26:09 pm »

Spoiler: The norsening, part II (click to show/hide)

Sooo, same game as the cancer ridden 3 year old I could have married.  The Plague has come.  Vikings Rule all of the UK, and the Uyymads lost to some Shia upstart who proceded to maul France.  Now only a weak East Francia and State of Italy exist to be catholic heresies.  The orthodox Byzantines have . . . become thumbed under a reformed norse Empress, who is even now trying to use the plague's passing to spread her quite real and evangelical faith around, presumably by speartip.

Denmark is All of unconquered scandanavia, I spent the last 20 years as a cripple with an oozing headwound and then 10 more as his son (go him for making a baby), and my heir is a 55 year old woman with 2 sons that are Mongolian.

The Middle east is surprisingly peaceful for this point in the game, though not especially united, and my idk if you can notice it or not, but the byzantines made all the available kingdoms within their empire and handed the out as hereditary titles?  What gives?

My own little empire is kept aloft by liberal use for Revoking titles.  I make them all fight for their titles, and they're happy to.

P:

Ah, Don't mess with 'Empress Halla 'The Sword of Allah'', Norse Empress of the Byzantine Empire.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:51:27 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: March 19, 2018, 02:27:13 pm »

Ok, so question time for Bay12:

I have a polish friend. She and I talk every day. She plays CK2, and I've been promising her a "Holy Polish Empire" campaign (as in, I make a Holy Polish Empire for her to marvel at).

So questions: What are the hypothetical natural borders of said empire? (Going for aesthetics and whatever should be in such an empire). I'm leaning towards roughly the area of the PLC, but I'm also considering going west as well and taking large chunks of HRE land, or Bohemia, etc. What would the best starting date be for this enterprise? Too early means fighting pagans, too late means HRE in the way. I have a respectable level of CK2 skill: I'm not amazing or whatever, but I can more than hold my own. I plan to play in Vanilla, but is CK2+ better for this sort of thing? And do any of you have other advice, etc.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: March 19, 2018, 02:42:59 pm »

Go pan-slavic and nab anywhere withing the slavic culture group.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: March 19, 2018, 07:15:55 pm »

Natural borders?  The answer is only natural: the Atlantic to the West, the Indian to the South, the Arctic to the North, and the Pacific to the East.  Poland may not into space, but Poland can into the CK2 map. 

Ah, but in seriousness, many of Poland's vices and vicissitudes alike could be tied in part to the fact that it lacked natural borders in key directions, and thus its borders in the east and west relied almost entirely on the strength of the state.  When strong, it sprawled across everything in its area; when weak, it was sprawled upon.  If you want natural borders for a pan-Slavic state, it depends on when you set the game start.  In the 8th or 9th century starts, the Elbe is worthwhile to include the remains of the Wends/Obotrites and Sorbs.  In 1066, that border's already been pushed back to the Oder-Neisse and beyond, but there may be some merit in rolling it back.  The Baltic will likely be your northern anchor, and the Balts, while not Slavic, are small and weak.  The southern line might be the Carpathians, which are perhaps the oldest Polish border, but if you want the southern Slavs to join your mighty pan-Slavic state, then the Adriatic and Mediterranean are your best recourse, anchoring your western border either along the Leitha River (roughly between Hungary and Austria) or the a bit of the Austrian Alps up to the Bohemian Massif.  Especially in earlier starts, the Carpathian basin was poorly settled and semi-nomadic, seeing multiple migrations from eastern tribes (in game period the Avars, then the Magyars, then the Cumans).  East...heh, there's a reason why these borders were particularly fluid. The Daugava and Dneiper are an early natural border, with the gap between the two being a significant part of the reason Smolensk was considered the gateway to the east (or west), and that already puts you pretty far east: Kiev, the first Russian state, is on the Dneiper.  Further on, there's the Don and Volga, or the Volga and Dvina, or the Volga, Kama, and Pechora, or at that point, you may as well just run right up to the Ural Mountains and beyond. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:19:10 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1002