Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006586 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13380 on: May 20, 2018, 11:17:03 pm »

I think you may have missed the jesting I was trying to convey :/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: May 21, 2018, 02:58:01 pm »

The Kickstarter is up at the moment for the Crusader Kings boardgame.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: May 21, 2018, 03:01:12 pm »

And it's already funded. Several times over, in fact. That was quick.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: May 21, 2018, 03:21:13 pm »

no byzantium, 3/10

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: May 21, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »

no byzantium, 3/10

Kebab has been removed.

I'm skeptical, but I also was for the Dark Souls board game and that turned out pretty good.  Not that these projects are related in any way but it warms me to the idea.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: May 21, 2018, 05:33:14 pm »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:47 pm »

There might be some kebab, depending on which Spain is represented by that unified Iberia.  Well, pinchitos, really.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: May 21, 2018, 06:17:37 pm »

There might be some kebab, depending on which Spain is represented by that unified Iberia.  Well, pinchitos, really.
Jimenez Dynasty, apparently.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: May 22, 2018, 04:20:51 am »

A Crusader Kings boardgame  sounds a bit like  Tigris and Euphrates with a succession mechanic.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: May 23, 2018, 08:06:52 am »

Became the Saoshyant after ~110 years and three rulers, starting as Vandad Karen. Never once crypto-converted or swore fealty; I think I mostly got lucky with a weak Caliphate that broke almost entirely apart within thirty years, along with amazing stability in my own realm. Fifty years in I was making so much money that I just had a standing army of mercenaries + retinue, so I could relentlessly holy war the fractured Muslim (and sometimes Buddhist) states; once I restored the high priesthood and the Immortals showed up I managed to vassalize them, netting me another 10,000 troops who cost nothing to keep up. The most dangerous wars were against the Byzantines, of course, and the Pratihara blob in India, and even then I outnumbered them by at least ten thousand men.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13390 on: May 23, 2018, 10:42:31 am »

Became the Saoshyant after ~110 years and three rulers, starting as Vandad Karen. Never once crypto-converted or swore fealty; I think I mostly got lucky with a weak Caliphate that broke almost entirely apart within thirty years, along with amazing stability in my own realm. Fifty years in I was making so much money that I just had a standing army of mercenaries + retinue, so I could relentlessly holy war the fractured Muslim (and sometimes Buddhist) states; once I restored the high priesthood and the Immortals showed up I managed to vassalize them, netting me another 10,000 troops who cost nothing to keep up. The most dangerous wars were against the Byzantines, of course, and the Pratihara blob in India, and even then I outnumbered them by at least ten thousand men.
That sounds like one of the smoothest Saoshyant games I've ever heard of. Reminds me of my rather traumatic run, where I kept trying to be a pillar to the Caliphate, but zealous Caliphs kept assassinating or usurping their decadent and tolerant ones, demanding I convert or demote myself from government, literally forcing me to continuously rebel and sack their capital :[
I think the Abbasid blob is pretty impractical to try and puppet rule. It's a lot easier to make puppet Emperors out of smaller Empires

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: May 23, 2018, 12:49:44 pm »

Is it a random *map* generator like the EU4 DLC thingy, or just a random political generator? The screenshot looks like the "or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore" rather than a shattered world of counts and dukes, so I'm not sure if they intended to add a random geography generator too or if it's just an ambiguous wording.

Quote from: Holy Fury Announcement
Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.

The announcement makes me think that it's both. A random political generator and a random map generator. Probably because they had the one from EU4 already and went 'We can merge these'.
That's what I thought, but:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like a "or on a random map with historical analogues" on a map of Europe, and not a randomly generated geography, nor a map of europe with shattered counties and duchies.

That's why I'm confused and would like them to say whether there's a random geography component too (and if there is, some examples) or if it's only on a map of Europe; because if it's the latter, a lot of people are gonna be disappointed, I think.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: May 23, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »

Considering how much sense the maps generated randomly in EU4 make, I reckon a lot of people are going to be disappointed either way.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: May 23, 2018, 01:00:47 pm »

I did some digging and Meneth, one of the programmers on the game, confirmed that it's only dejure borders. Link to the reddit thread where he says that.

The 'map of Europe or random map' is a bit misleading, since it implies the existence of a completely different map ala EU4. Oh well.

EDIT: I guess that this means that instead of playing with the Kingdom of France, England, etc, etc, it will generate completely new kingdoms, duchies, etc and assign provinces to them instead. Which is better than nothing, I suppose.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:13:41 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06:58 pm »

Lol. Bought monks and mystics recently. I started one of my games as Konungardr with Mjolnir.
This is silly fun.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1002