Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990261 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13545 on: July 10, 2018, 03:26:42 am »

What's more, if you send off enough kids to take the vows you can create a small population of your dynasty that ends up in theocratic or monastic work, increasing your chance of having a Pope or Grandmaster of your dynasty

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: July 10, 2018, 09:22:45 am »

The best way to get a friendly pope is to give a bishopry to Glitterhoof the Immortal. It might take 20 years or it might take 200, but eventually he will get enough street creed to become a cardinal and eventually pope
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: July 10, 2018, 01:08:38 pm »

I’ve found the best way to get a friendly pope is to press an anti-pope’s claim.

I guess the major hurdle to that is you need to be an emperor, unless you’ve somehow made Catholicism a Fraticelli heresy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: July 10, 2018, 05:23:19 pm »

I found the best way to get a friendly pope is to ignore him and instead make my bishops like me.

Also it used to be possible to bribe him 20gold on the first day he donned his hat.  the disposition increase could cover the request for monies/divorce if you were a halfway decent person or he was greedy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: July 11, 2018, 09:10:06 am »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13550 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:13 am »

Charitable donations

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: July 11, 2018, 06:12:26 pm »

Imbeciles are scary things man. Do what you can.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: July 11, 2018, 06:37:44 pm »

Guy still liked me.
It's actually pretty normal for abused children to still love their parents.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: July 11, 2018, 08:35:27 pm »

Guy still liked me.
I genuinely thought I was reading the sad thread for a few moments there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: July 12, 2018, 05:27:19 am »

Glitterhoof has zeros but she still manages to be liked enough to seduce.  Is your own son not good enough for you?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13555 on: July 12, 2018, 11:00:14 am »

One of my best rulers was a Taoist Han imbecile ruling within the Caliphate who lived to the age of 91, going from being a count to the King of the Esfa Han dynasty. I honestly believe the game biases geniuses to early graves and imbeciles to long lives; the ability for imbeciles to surprise everyone by living so long allows them to accrue personal power, while their incompetence can be balanced with talented & loyal councillors/wives

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: July 12, 2018, 01:51:36 pm »

Guy still liked me.
I genuinely thought I was reading the sad thread for a few moments there.
I genuinely thought greatorder was a child abuser for a few moments there.

Also, how the hell did I end up in this thread? I don't even play Crusader Kings.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: July 12, 2018, 04:02:45 pm »

Glitterhoof has zeros but she still manages to be liked enough to seduce.  Is your own son not good enough for you?
My son isn't a horse.
That you know of! Maybe that’s why he’s an imbecile.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: July 12, 2018, 04:36:28 pm »

I thought my son wasn't a bear until bears started taking over Italy! Horse son can happen to you too!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: July 13, 2018, 04:30:51 am »

The game seems to favor adversity and risk.  It seems to give bad things to 'good/strong' characters and good ones to those bad ones.

Some of my best characters were drunk stressed out cowards who hadn't the statlines to justify their inexplicable success.  Poor characters kind of succeed by degrees instead of in leaps.

I also want to say the game rewards picking traits/event options that fit the archetype and current traits of a character, even if negative, but that might be superstition.

P:

Oh Gods, Theyre giving Pope Popeus his own de-jure Kingdom to lust after.  Suppose it was inevitable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:41:25 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1002