Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990411 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13560 on: July 13, 2018, 09:32:15 am »

The game seems to favor adversity and risk.  It seems to give bad things to 'good/strong' characters and good ones to those bad ones.

Some of my best characters were drunk stressed out cowards who hadn't the statlines to justify their inexplicable success.  Poor characters kind of succeed by degrees instead of in leaps.

lots of random events that give negative traits fire based on the presence of positive traits. I can't recall exactly which ones, but stuff like Stressed can come from Diligent, Wroth from Brave, etc.

Also, if you have more than 5 personality traits, it's only a matter of time until you lose one - and it's probably a good one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: July 14, 2018, 09:13:54 am »

That's all in ironmode, too, so absolutely not cheating (unlike my non-ironman games, where I often cheat a lot). His grandfather attempted to achieve immortality as well but failed.

I plan to eventually switch over to Chinese Imperial Bureaucracy because it's fitting he be recognised as the divinity he is. I converted from Buddhism to Zoroastrianism for the same reason, the whole divine bloodlines shebang. Currently breeding the Muhammed Descent trait into my dynasty, I will leave these holders as my Stewards of the Arabian lands. It's a shame it's not the next DLC already so I could do the same in Europe.

Because yeah. What started as just another attempt to get the Aladin achievement just turn into a world conquest game. All of mankind must he brought into the fold of the Divine Emperor of Mankind!
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: July 14, 2018, 11:04:00 am »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: July 15, 2018, 07:04:49 am »

literally 16 ingame years later: I AM SO BORED WITH THIS GUY I WANT TO PLAY SOMETHING NEEEEEEEW
Love, scriver~

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: July 15, 2018, 08:21:33 am »

Immortality is a mixed bag because the characters stop developing after a while and it's a static character that you can do nearly nothing with.

Great for having a stable kingdom though

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: July 15, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »

Stable my ass. Even leaving immortality events aside, your immortal cgaracters can still go into religious frenzies, insane, et al.  Plus your family starts jockeing for power. And thats leaving aside any crazy sheanigans you might plan.

One big advantage you have is that you tend to get to the top of whichever society you belong to and stay there
 My most successful immortal has been grandmaster of the assasins for 2 centuries. He didnt even do that many reasons, it's just that seniority gives you a lot of cred :p
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: July 16, 2018, 09:02:34 am »

Got myself and inbred genius.

I also had the spawn of Satan event and she was my heir, but she disappeared without a trace :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: July 16, 2018, 10:21:08 am »

Got myself and inbred genius.

I also had the spawn of Satan event and she was my heir, but she disappeared without a trace :(
She might return.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:12 pm »

Possibly at the head of an invading horde from across the western seas.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:31 pm »

Possibly at the head of an invading horde from across the western seas.
Preposterous. Next you'll be telling me they wear feathers, harvest the still-beating hearts of people and use beans instead of metal for money.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: July 16, 2018, 01:13:52 pm »

There'd be like, a Brazillian of them!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: July 16, 2018, 04:09:28 pm »

With your heir Incammand of them
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14:50 pm »

Free to Peruse Europe as ripe for the taking!
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1002