Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008548 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13710 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:10 am »

Oh yes this mod is great. The only thing I didnt like was the base.mod's making everything spin around a vampiric Byzantium... not because its bad mind you but because it played kind of.monotonous. This way you still have vampires but low key and mostly to the north. They do show up in the south, mind you. My immortal (vanilla CK2 immortal-intrigue path) has one married to his (promptly-vamped) heir (in case he suffers from an unfortunate accident, to preserve the longevitocracy, which is good by default and critical in a merchant republic), and another in his oubliette, as a spare.

I got them during a Holy War against the Balkan pagans. Forget about  all the saint's fingerbones, handguns, and Opus Magnums: those guys are my goverment's most important treasures.

One thing that bugs me about the game is that it uses piety as "mana" for vampires. I'd rather have it use other units, or even better, avoid that altogether and just use time based debuffs preventing vampires from power spamming (which it alresdy does to an extent)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:34:11 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: September 13, 2018, 07:46:30 am »

Yeah, I can see that thing about piety. It's like pagans losing piety for being lustful and stuff that they didn't really mind too much. Only worse. Because now vampires gain power by being Good Christians.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:58 am »

With Christianity being the primary lens through which vampires are examined it makes some sense; if pitted as being sneaky, subversive, and an ever-present insidiousness that requires an inquisitor's fine comb to unveil.

A mod could make vamps a secret religion and have them stay their primary, no?  Grant a bonus to not being hereticed?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: September 14, 2018, 01:43:37 am »

Look at it as your pool of "I'll just ignore that" points you accrue by being a good Christian that'll allow you to get away with vampiric stuff.

"Oh he's a good Christian king. He definitely doesn't have a few people strung up in his basement to milk for blood."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: September 14, 2018, 10:20:09 am »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:45:55 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: September 14, 2018, 10:24:15 am »

p in the south, mind you. My immortal (vanilla CK2 immortal-intrigue path) has one married to his (promptly-vamped) heir (in case he suffers from an unfortunate accident, to preserve the longevitocracy, which is good by default and critical in a merchant republic), and another in his oubliette, as a spare.
Gerentocracy.

Also, you are a videogame villain.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: September 14, 2018, 10:36:22 am »

p in the south, mind you. My immortal (vanilla CK2 immortal-intrigue path) has one married to his (promptly-vamped) heir (in case he suffers from an unfortunate accident, to preserve the longevitocracy, which is good by default and critical in a merchant republic), and another in his oubliette, as a spare.
Gerentocracy.

Also, you are a videogame villain.
Or a xianxia protagonist.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: September 14, 2018, 11:24:33 am »

Looks like the mod I bemoaned about dying might be back on track, though the entire team is tired. Gonna be way more basic than anyone wanted, but might have it out by next month, depending on real life.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: September 14, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

So I was playing my alchemist immortal doge and commited the mistake of engaging my opponent (a rebellious duke who is also a distant descendant) in single combat (I'm using a mod that makes thst more frequent and also more complex as commander). Combat roll flubbed and my char died.

Jokes on them as I had lined up my vampire nephew as next in line to the throne. Will probsbly have to hide him for 30 years plus minus 20 (vampires cant be hunted outright in this mod-lets regard it as rumors of vampirism-, but they have a huge social malus for and tend to gather assasins like flies, and if your liege gets an excuse you're fucked), but time is on my side. Once I get back control of the republic I'm setting up a blood court with a ghouled council
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13719 on: September 14, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

So I was playing my alchemist immortal doge and commited the mistake of engaging my opponent (a rebellious duke who is also a distant descendant) in single combat (I'm using a mod that makes thst more frequent and also more complex as commander). Combat roll flubbed and my char died.

Jokes on them as I had lined up my vampire nephew as next in line to the throne. Will probsbly have to hide him for 30 years plus minus 20 (vampires cant be hunted outright in this mod-lets regard it as rumors of vampirism-, but they have a huge social malus for and tend to gather assasins like flies, and if your liege gets an excuse you're fucked), but time is on my side. Once I get back control of the republic I'm setting up a blood court with a ghouled council

God damn I wish Stellaris was 1/10th the game that CK2 is.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: September 14, 2018, 12:42:57 pm »

Have you given the Crisis of the Confederation mod a shot? It might give you your CKII in space fix for a bit.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: September 14, 2018, 12:44:53 pm »

Have you given the Crisis of the Confederation mod a shot? It might give you your CKII in space fix for a bit.
I am pretty sure it's also in the process of being revived by a different crew, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: September 14, 2018, 03:03:13 pm »

God damn I wish Stellaris was 1/10th the game that CK2 is.
Well, Imperator looks like it'll be about a tenth the game that CK2 is, so that might interest you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: September 14, 2018, 04:18:56 pm »

My vampire doge's "newly embraced" debuff has expired and now he can make other vampired and ghouls. I decided that given his char flaws he'd benefit from some.monsstix meditation.
"Hi I want to join the dominicans"
"But you're a vampire"
"Yeah, and your leader is a bear, what's your point?"

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:41 pm »

Hmm, the leader is a bear and you are a vampire. Perhaps these could be combined into a vambear?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1002