Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010827 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14070 on: November 15, 2018, 02:02:53 am »

Piety, perhaps? Conflicting traits? A combination of the above?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14071 on: November 15, 2018, 04:00:33 am »

Perhaps the king has the insanity trait that I keep forgetting the name of?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: November 15, 2018, 04:47:06 am »

Several of my favorite mods stopped working :(
In fact, I dare say only my custom immortals mod is working as intended ATM.

Still worth it, mind you. Plenty of new features in the dlc to compensate.

Also: something that you might not have noticed: in random worlds you create a custom history, and THEREFORE you can set whichever start date suits you and it WILL work. So even without mods you can potentially play a 1000+ years game

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: November 15, 2018, 08:23:22 am »

Does anybody know what happens if you leave mongol, aztec, china and timurid invasions on after the random map generation?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: November 15, 2018, 08:33:33 am »

The update seem to have broken Elective. I can't nominate my own grown children (but for some reason I can nominate my wife).
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:09 am »

this really is a goddamn fantastic expansion. mandatory inclusion for anyone asking what dlc to get

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: November 15, 2018, 10:30:34 am »

Is it just me or are the portraits for Andalusian characters invisible? In my games they are just appearing as floating clothes.

Edit: according to this reddit thread it is apparently because they use the iberian portrait pack, which I don't have. Can anyone with the iberian portrait pack confirm if they are visible with that on?

I appear to have the same bug (couldn't tell they were Andalusian, since my cultures have random names). Honestly, I kinda love it. The clothes still show up, so sometimes I get empty hoods that make them look like Ringwraiths. Sometimes they have a clay-like face with no features. It's all very spooky. I figure they're actual non-human beings to go with the random world.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: November 15, 2018, 10:36:51 am »

@Missing face Andalusian portraits: Yea, I've noticed this when I looked into Character Finder. There was a guy without head, but his hair was still holding in the air.

My game: Why is every HRE Emperor such a dickard? Why do every single one of them establishes an Anti-Papacy during their reign, and why do they always call for the realm peace at the worst time possible? That's it, once I'm strong and confident in myself, I'll leave the HRE and make my own Empire with chess and countless courtesans!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #14078 on: November 15, 2018, 12:51:44 pm »

Cousin got me excommunicated. I paid to get it lifted, and he immediately got me excommunicated *again*. And can't lift it so soon after having it previously lifted.

Naturally I had him imprisoned and executed after that, kinslayer and tyranny penalties be damned.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: November 15, 2018, 02:46:09 pm »

Piety, perhaps? Conflicting traits? A combination of the above?
I checked.

Closest I could find was that he killed some people in honorable duels.

Maybe my son did something else I'm not aware of.

Either way it shows that my children actually have their own character. Adds life to them other than just being a body for me to jump into.

One thing I will point out is that in elections, it's probably best to have your capital be some useless place you don't want other than the usual strategy of putting all your holdings in one capital province. Because when you inevitably lose the election, you also lose your capital.

Besides, you won't really need the ultra capital province anyway because not a lot of large inheritance rebellions with elections.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: November 15, 2018, 04:16:34 pm »

Update: some random NPC went full Mithridates and Alexander the Great and I have no fucking clue how he did it. pls explain dis
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: November 15, 2018, 04:19:45 pm »

Update: some random NPC went full Mithridates and Alexander the Great and I have no fucking clue how he did it. pls explain dis
Post pictures illuminated manuscripts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:57 pm »

One of the names for a member of the Hedgehog culture is Sanic. 

Also trying to generate a world where I can reform the roman republic as a cat, or viking cats/ducks.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: November 15, 2018, 04:30:34 pm »

Post pictures illuminated manuscripts.

Here you go: https://imgur.com/gallery/K9SDuQB

edit: holy shit he was actually from my realm, YOU GO BOY
edit 2: Just took a look at his kill list, he killed someone in a duel... at age 9.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:20:16 pm by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14084 on: November 15, 2018, 04:40:22 pm »

Long live the saviour of asia
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1002