Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010630 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14115 on: November 17, 2018, 03:02:41 am »

I'm... a bit frustrated that the 'ally accuses you of supporting pirates in their realm' and so forth events are still firing as often as before. They end up with the alliance breaking 90% of the time, whatever you do, so it's essentially just a matter of time for every alliance to end. That's at least how it is for me - I've seen no-one else complaining about this, so I'm beginning to wonder if my game is just broken somehow. If there's a mod that removes the event, I'm gonna go get it.

I thought that was just me. I had a game where I was messing around and allowed my own heir to become an independent ruler. Then they thought I was supporting pirates...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: November 17, 2018, 03:56:35 am »

Lech, Czech, and Rus. I don't know what areas you need to own though, it doesn't say in the achievement blurb

Lick chick and rush

Basically, the legend of three brothers that are responsible for the creation of Polish, Czech, and Russian realms and cultures.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #14117 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:37 am »

GREAT SLAVIC UNION PAGAN FURY POLAND STRONG CATHOLICS GET BUTTBLASTED GLORY TO POLAND.
CK2 SHOWS HISTORICAL TRUTH, SLAVS SUPERIOR, SLAVS RULE WORLD.

Being a reformed offensive (I forgot the actual word, the reformation where you get prestige loss for no wars) pagan and being the top ruler is pretty amazing. Just forbid internal wars, and the realm grows by itself, and you can focus on just conquering big places. Honestly, it's so filthy good. You get no penalty for having raised levies, and you also get really fucking insane defensive bonuses, so even when tons of people start mounting defensive pacts against you, you're not that concerned really.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: November 17, 2018, 05:14:11 pm »

Also: something that you might not have noticed: in random worlds you create a custom history, and THEREFORE you can set whichever start date suits you and it WILL work. So even without mods you can potentially play a 1000+ years game

How do I do that though? In both shattered and random, there is no way to choose the start date while in the interface for shattered or random. The only way I can change the start date is by choosing one of the periods and I can't choose anything further back than 769.

Is anybody able to confirm this ^ ?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: November 17, 2018, 05:32:03 pm »

Lech, Czech, and Rus. I don't know what areas you need to own though, it doesn't say in the achievement blurb

Lick chick and rush

You need: Poland, Bohemia, Galicia-Volhynia, Ruthenia, Chernigov, Vladimir, and Gard(weird norse d)iriki, which I think is Novigrad but I'm playing the old gods start. In other words: all the slavs but those south ones who don't count I guess.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: November 17, 2018, 06:15:44 pm »

What about Pommerania?
Love, scriver~

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: November 17, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »

What about Pommerania?

Nope, no Pomerania. Not unless the in-game tooltip is wrong.
Wasteland 1 & 2

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: November 17, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »

Also: something that you might not have noticed: in random worlds you create a custom history, and THEREFORE you can set whichever start date suits you and it WILL work. So even without mods you can potentially play a 1000+ years game

How do I do that though? In both shattered and random, there is no way to choose the start date while in the interface for shattered or random. The only way I can change the start date is by choosing one of the periods and I can't choose anything further back than 769.

Is anybody able to confirm this ^ ?
Eh, I just did? Unless you think I'm making it up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
check upper right corner

If you're asking for instructions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
check the upper part of the screen, near the center. There's a year there. Just press the small buttons near the year to move it up and down to select the date you want. Then press "random world". It will generate a world from that date.

You *can* actually do that in vanilla as well, it's just that you get lots of unpopulated regions. No character = region is a desert, for practical purposes. Random worlds sorts that out.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: November 17, 2018, 07:01:28 pm »

Whenever I try that Chairman, the buttons are grayed out and the game won't let me change the date. I can go up from 1066 but not lower.

Either way, it's worth mentioning that despite what the "welcome to crusader kings 2" thing says random worlds seem to last forever (or till 9999 or something.) I tested a random world in observer mode 1337-1453 and made it to 1460 somehow so I don't think they actually have end dates.

Wasteland 1 & 2

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: November 17, 2018, 07:49:01 pm »

Ok, I found out what's the deal: you need a mod in order to do this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1209135789&searchtext=ultimate

if you install this you can do it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:55 pm »

I had the misfortune of realising the hard way that the bloodline formed by Adeline was matriarchal and can't be passed on by males. And I really, really wanted to have a saint-crusader bloodline when I formed the Outrempire.

Luckily I had a really old save I could scum to but I lost basically two lifetimes' worth of progress. That stings a lot. So I guess now I've ended up with a hypotethical line of Crusader Queens, if I'm going to be able to do this like I want to. I'm not really sure I will be able to pull it off at all. Sure as hell is going to end up trying out the new elective stuff a lot. Or just resort to save-scumming at every birth to make sure I don't get any boys. Any tips for going strictly female in a yet not cognative system appreciated.

Elective!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #14126 on: November 17, 2018, 09:24:11 pm »

Novigrad
Novogrod. Novigrad is from Witcher.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: November 17, 2018, 09:25:41 pm »

Next you'll tell me my degree from the University of Oxenfurt isn't real
Love, scriver~

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: November 17, 2018, 09:38:33 pm »

Novigrad
Novogrod. Novigrad is from Witcher.

I'm kinda surprised that I made that mistake considering the last time I played the Witcher 3 was two years ago.
Wasteland 1 & 2

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:05 am »

Lick chick and rush

You need: Poland, Bohemia, Galicia-Volhynia, Ruthenia, Chernigov, Vladimir, and Gard(weird norse d)iriki, which I think is Novigrad but I'm playing the old gods start. In other words: all the slavs but those south ones who don't count I guess.
No one cares about us south slavs, which is fine because we have our own portraits now so we don't need none of you stinkin' northerners.

Anyway, I finally have time to play. So... what in the blue blazes should my first game of Holy Fury be? Too many options... What's fun and has unique content, but isn't completely baffling? I might just go South Slavs just to marvel at our portraits, but I'm concerned that there isn't much content that applies to that region (no catholicism, the imperial government type only applies to byzantines, etc.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1002