Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990231 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14475 on: January 30, 2019, 12:59:49 pm »

Well... You can combo it.  Sketchy cheats allows you to 'give' any title to others.  You even get the opinion bonus for some reason. 
After that, I believe there are 2 mods out there that allow being landless.  And another being a mercenary nation.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: January 30, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »

reformed hellenism last night after restoring the roman empire. went with the "15% chance lunatic, immediately go full hellenism and demand all vassals convert" route.

the civil war that resulted seemed kinda... funnily scripted? like it grabbed vassals that loved me and probably wouldn't have ever really revolted even if they stayed christian. reforming the roman empire also reset my viceroy law to Duchy Viceroyalties (from none) which screwed up my vassal limit. also found out that if you lose this war, it just ends the game. oh you had an heir, even a christian heir? don't care, game over. there was a neat decision to destroy every temple holding in rome.

i reformed to Peaceful, but could still use the Imperial Reconquest CB! Kept Civilized, but in retrospect it's not super great - could probably just use the Imperial Elective stuff instead. Probably use Monasticism and Stability instead. Although I'm curious - anyone know how the Rite of Passages for Animistic work. Temporal leadership for the free scepter obviously, although autonomous for the branches might be an option too.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: January 31, 2019, 09:04:04 pm »

Well yeah, of course they revolted despite previously liking you. You basically declared war on God. In medieval Europe. Out of the blue.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: February 01, 2019, 06:40:46 am »

For reference: the previous guy who attempted that got a spear through his chest for his troubles

Doesn't seem to be any solid evidence it was a Christian traitor. More likely just a battle wound against the Persians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: February 01, 2019, 08:01:15 am »

I'm thinking that's fairly firm evidence it was God who did it
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: February 01, 2019, 10:21:16 am »

Nah, he probably messed up his sacrifices and displeased Sol Invictus. So he got speared.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: February 01, 2019, 05:28:38 pm »

Am I right to refuse playing this game until CK2+ is updated?   I've only ever played CK2+.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: February 01, 2019, 05:38:40 pm »

I mean, you do you. How you play games is your business.

I actually purposefully went back to vanilla when 3.0 was released from CK2+ I just wasn't really getting on with it enough to keep using it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: February 01, 2019, 06:03:35 pm »

I've only ever played vanilla. Not really a fan of mods.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: February 01, 2019, 07:46:28 pm »

I can't understand this mindset. Not a fan of any mods? There's never something in the game where you think "it would be cool if this was different"? You never think "It would be cool to play a game in this other setting?" How does that work?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: February 01, 2019, 07:50:07 pm »

Am I right to refuse playing this game until CK2+ is updated?   I've only ever played CK2+.
I wouldn't really characterize it as being right or wrong, but my fondness for that mod means that I'm in much the same boat.  That said, it's not so much a "refuse to play" as it is a "refuse to update;" the ability to keep playing CK2+ on 2.8 is quite convenient.  Since I haven't purchased the DLC yet, it's not like the free features in the new version are even all that distinct from those already in CK2+.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:51:39 pm by Culise »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: February 01, 2019, 07:50:57 pm »

I can't understand this mindset. Not a fan of any mods? There's never something in the game where you think "it would be cool if this was different"? You never think "It would be cool to play a game in this other setting?" How does that work?
Pretty well, for some.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: February 01, 2019, 08:49:00 pm »

I haven't tried CK+, never felt the need (though some of the tweaks and features looked nice).  I did use a mod which allowed more gender laws, at the cost of massive opinion and penalties problems for a generation or two, but that's more or less in vanilla now if you enable the startup option.

Other than that, After The End is really really cool, even just to browse around the map of post-nuke America.  Including South America.  It's like reading the wiki for an alt-history or post-apoc setting, but then I can play as count of my local IRL area and experience this dark future.

Other total conversions sound great as well, I want to try Elder Kings and the Warhammer one in particular.

Edit: Oh and there was a mod that re-enabled assassination for gold - also unnecessary now, obviously.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: February 01, 2019, 09:17:10 pm »

My view tends to be that it's fan made stuff, so probably won't be all that well balanced or whatever.

I've dropped over 1k hours in vanilla and enjoyed pretty much all of it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1002