Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990477 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14580 on: June 09, 2019, 01:35:06 am »

So, dumb mod question again. I'm trying to use CK2Generator to make a random map, and it makes the map just fine and dandy, but there's only a couple of people in the world, and when I use the "Shatter World" or "Random World" options, it CTDs on getting to "Randomising world." There's nothing in the logs except a buttload of "No name defined in loc for title" errors (assumedly one for each county. It's several hundred.) and
"[provincehistory.cpp:247]: Unknown History Command ==>'b_ralyuva'<==  for province: history/provinces/69 - raka.txt
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: b_ralyuva, near line: 5" in file: "history/provinces/69 - raka.txt"," again, assumedly one for each province.

Anybody know where I should be poking to figure this out?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14581 on: June 10, 2019, 11:14:12 am »

I've no idea fam

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: June 10, 2019, 08:38:39 pm »

What does history/provinces/69 - raka.txt look like? b_ralyuva is trying to set the settlement of Ralyuva to something. I'm thinking that either the .txt is setup improperly or something else is. Probably the localization for the counties, since that would explain the lack of title names.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: June 10, 2019, 11:47:27 pm »

What does history/provinces/69 - raka.txt look like? b_ralyuva is trying to set the settlement of Ralyuva to something. I'm thinking that either the .txt is setup improperly or something else is. Probably the localization for the counties, since that would explain the lack of title names.
   title = c_raka
   max_settlements = 2
   culture = saxon
   religion = monophysite
   b_ralyuva = tribal

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: June 11, 2019, 12:11:55 am »

Interesting.  Just firing ideas at random, but I'd check common/landed_titles/landed_titles.txt to see if b_ralyuva occurs within c_raka, and a grep on whichever CSV files were created in the localization directory to see if b_ralyuva has been assigned an appropriate name.  An outside possibility is that it's order-sensitive, but my admittedly-inexperienced self wonders if that is indeed the case; in the vanilla files, barony-level type assignments typically immediately follow max_settlements and precede culture, religion, terrain, and history dates to my very limited knowledge, but if it were order-sensitive, I'd imagine everyone who uses the generator would be running into this issue rather than just you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:14:27 am by Culise »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: June 11, 2019, 07:19:56 am »

Yeah, that looks pretty bog-standard for a province .txt. The file itself is definitely not the problem here. Something else is off which is making the game confused about what it says. No clue what the other file could be but I wouldn't be surprised if Culise is correct.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: June 27, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14587 on: June 28, 2019, 11:21:12 pm »

Anyone ever try out this mod?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688168411&searchtext=

The pruning is pretty vigorous, perhaps too much so. I like some of the ideas for balancing, though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: June 30, 2019, 09:10:11 am »

Is 'Observe the Sky' Hermetic mission bugged? I don't remember it ever concluding successfully, despite me always picking the options that advance the knowledge and having learning in the high teens to twenties. I've done it maybe a dozen times over a number of playthroughs and it's always a failure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: June 30, 2019, 10:28:41 am »

I’ve had it succeed, but I have no idea about what influences it beyond the “bad shit happens because you’re up all night” events.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: June 30, 2019, 10:29:05 am »

That's the one where you get random events that advance your knowledge at some cost - like, firing a counselor or disappointing your wife or something - right? If so, the way I always did it was to just choose two of the "advance knowledge" options, then call it quits. With good learning that usually wraps up the quest successfully. I don't know what happens if you keep on advancing knowledge indefinitely.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: June 30, 2019, 11:41:55 am »

As far as I know, learning has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Event MNM.1836 appears to determine the general outcome, and the follow-on events in it appear to have specific outcomes.  The only modifiers are whether you've picked up 2, 3, or 4 astronomical insights from the preceding events: each of these halves (but does not eliminate) the chance of a bad outcome.  As an aside, if you only pick up 1 astronomical insight, that's the same as faffing off at every opportunity.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: July 01, 2019, 05:16:51 am »

That's the one where you get random events that advance your knowledge at some cost - like, firing a counselor or disappointing your wife or something - right? If so, the way I always did it was to just choose two of the "advance knowledge" options, then call it quits. With good learning that usually wraps up the quest successfully. I don't know what happens if you keep on advancing knowledge indefinitely.

If memory serves I did that once and it eventually just stops you and goes to the final event. Something like 'I have learned all I can and am as prepared as possible.'
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: July 01, 2019, 01:48:44 pm »

If memory serves I did that once and it eventually just stops you and goes to the final event. Something like 'I have learned all I can and am as prepared as possible.'
I always do that. I'm used to CK2 rewarding up front costs with a superior reward over time.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: July 01, 2019, 02:20:47 pm »

Ye, if you do succeed, you might get a chance to name a star after your wife, your kids, or yourself. Another outcome is that you try to host a star-gazing event during a meteor shower that you've been trying to predict. This can lead to sad results if you're wrong though, as everyone leaves and you have to reconcile with how much of a failure you are at looking at stars.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1002