Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2004295 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14670 on: August 10, 2019, 07:48:59 am »

I feel that line of question answers itself
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14671 on: August 11, 2019, 11:30:10 am »

there's a very nuanced set of rules about when you should have your ruler fight in battle or not.

sadly that's par for the course in ck2 or eu4. knowing the events well is part of being an experienced player, but there isn't really much you can do about it except learn them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: August 12, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »

Ugh. CKII does not want me to play. Started up 3 games already. 1st I died of dissentary before getting an heir. 2nd went longer but every single ruler died before they had more than a few years on the throne as an adult (I did get to live through multiple regencies as kids grew up to die). 3rd game ruler dies of an infected wound only a month or two before his first child was to be born.

I just....I just want to play, game. Why won't you let me play?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:47 pm »

Well, that sounds more like the Grim Reaper expansion rather than the base game.  All I can say is make sure you have a decent Court Physician.

I had similar experiences until I remembered that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:27 pm »

It's one of the first things I try to do, yeah. But if you don't have someone suitable in your lands, it can take a little bit to get one from the decision. And sometimes you die before they show up. *sigh*
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: August 14, 2019, 12:19:24 am »

Use the character finder to search for people outside your realm within diplomatic range that have >15 learning. You may want to filter by your religion and culture, depending on how much people like you or whether or not you care about the opinion penalties for foreigners and/or infidels. You may have to give people a gift of 15 gold to come to you.

Alternatives are looking for the mystic trait, and another trait I can't remember, unless it's just renowned physician and I don't think you can invite someone to court with that trait as they are usually loyal servants. If you're within diplomatic distance of China, you can just give them stuff 'til you get enough grace (I think it's 250, might be 500) to ask them to provide you with a physician.

Stopgap measures include choosing lifestyles that give you the +1 health bonus. Hunting is probably the best one, as you get the +1 bonus from choosing it, +1 from the dog, and potentially +1 from the "train your dog yourself" event, if you already have... the diligent trait certainly, I think also the patient trait.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: August 14, 2019, 07:16:10 am »

Only diligent. It's why when I'm old I try to get the diligent trait before going for the hunting focus. Game loves making my character lose diligent about 3 months before the +1 health even though.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: August 14, 2019, 07:41:50 am »

Only diligent. It's why when I'm old I try to get the diligent trait before going for the hunting focus. Game loves making my character lose diligent about 3 months before the +1 health even though.

You can get Diligent through the dog training on Hunting, though. I would think that's one of the easier ways to get it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:15 am »

That’s the point though; he wants the health through the event and he can’t get it if he doesn’t have the diligent trait.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: August 14, 2019, 08:51:17 am »

Ah, I didn't realize it was an either/or situation. Thanks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: August 14, 2019, 09:04:13 am »

No problem. It’s not really an obvious thing since it doesn’t tell you the possible outcomes or the conditions for them. I found out via the CKII wiki.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: August 14, 2019, 10:48:32 am »

Game's being stupid again. Thankfully it's not a major issue here, but it's still an irritance.

The game simply refuses to acknowledge that my army's leader has a siege bonus. She's leading the army, it shows her as leading the army. That's the only army on the province. Her bonus is absolutely, 100% present and it's +78%

The game is simply refusing to add her bonus to the siege ticks.
EDIT: Of course, now that I make the complaint the game adds the siege modifier when I repeated the "Remove current leader, replace, replace with siege leader" for the fiftieth time.
I swear that CKII is sapient and actively malicious.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:51:37 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: August 14, 2019, 01:31:00 pm »

Because you said that, your next leader is gonna die of 'poor physique'! like mine did at age 17
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: August 20, 2019, 06:29:08 pm »

Wondering if anyone can advise on a problem I have. I'm currently playing a count with size 10 demense, but only 5 allowed. Any day now I'm going to get the big penalties. I have most of the counties in two de jure duchies, but because I'm under a duke it won't let me usurp my own duchy. I can't give away the counties and retain any power over them as I'm on the bottom rung. Any way forward here?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »

You should be able to rebel against the duke, though if you're both in the same realm after that I'm not sure you can usurp the title. You can declare war for it after the truce expires (or not, if you don't mind the opinion penalty and loss of prestige) though.

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 1002