Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990219 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14775 on: October 31, 2019, 10:30:17 am »

how do people feel about moving this to a CK3 thread? almost 1000 pages here, neh?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: October 31, 2019, 10:31:47 am »

how do people feel about moving this to a CK3 thread? almost 1000 pages here, neh?

Just 596

Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: October 31, 2019, 10:44:00 am »

Just 596

default posts per page, not max

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: October 31, 2019, 11:22:34 am »

I would prefer a generic CK thread instead of a dedicated CK3 one, to be fair.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: October 31, 2019, 11:31:28 am »

A simple change of the thread title and there ya go

Edit: Last Active:June 25, 2017. Well I guess that's not happening...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: October 31, 2019, 04:42:26 pm »

A simple change of the thread title and there ya go

Edit: Last Active:June 25, 2017. Well I guess that's not happening...
yeah, that's why there's the discussion in the first place

But while we don't have consensus on this, here's a little something...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: October 31, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »

I'd prefer a general CK thread since people are probably still going to be playing CK2 even after CK3 comes out.

The one thing I have to wonder about the dynasty/house system is if there is a way to break away and make your own dynasty. You lose all the renown and legacies but don't have to deal with your dynast anymore for instance. Seems like getting titles claimed all the time would get annoying if you're not the dynast. Guess it depends on how hard it is to become the dynast.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: October 31, 2019, 06:53:01 pm »

The dynastic prestige system was something that from the very beginning, I wished they would do more with.
I'd prefer a general CK thread since people are probably still going to be playing CK2 even after CK3 comes out.

The one thing I have to wonder about the dynasty/house system is if there is a way to break away and make your own dynasty. You lose all the renown and legacies but don't have to deal with your dynast anymore for instance. Seems like getting titles claimed all the time would get annoying if you're not the dynast. Guess it depends on how hard it is to become the dynast.
I think the player is meant to generally be the dynast, but presumably AI dynast will be weighted not to be a tremendous pain in the ass. It doesn't really sound like you can abandon your blood in that way, though. I sort of considered it the thinking man's win condition. The actual score mechanic was oriented towards a far more direct and domineering play which was comparatively sort of the scrub's option, although pretty much every update to the game supported that, especially the addition of the far more warlike pagans.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: November 01, 2019, 08:15:57 am »

The dynastic prestige system was something that from the very beginning, I wished they would do more with.

I think the player is meant to generally be the dynast, but presumably AI dynast will be weighted not to be a tremendous pain in the ass.

oh i dont think thats necessarily true. it will often be true, sure, because most playable characters aren't from a big dynasty with tons of branches, and tend to be playable because they're a ruler with no living ancestors, having inherited from their father.

however there are lots of scenarios where the playable character isn't the dynast, because the dynasty holds tons of different titles all over the place - Jimenez in Iberia, Yaroslavs in Kiev, even minor stuff like if you chose to play as Count Robert of Maine (William the Bastard's son). so the player might mostly be the dynast, and once you become the dynast, i'm not sure how/why you'd ever lose it - your primary heir would generally succeed to your titles and head-of-dynasty. i guess it would possible if your primary title had different inheritance rules.

The devblog describe some ways you end up founding your own dynasty, though, so that's always an option too.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: November 01, 2019, 09:57:14 am »

I think the player is meant to generally be the dynast, but presumably AI dynast will be weighted not to be a tremendous pain in the ass.

oh i dont think thats necessarily true. [...] so the player might mostly be the dynast
Hence "generally". [/quote] once you become the dynast, i'm not sure how/why you'd ever lose it - your primary heir would generally succeed to your titles and head-of-dynasty. i guess it would possible if your primary title had different inheritance rules.

The devblog describe some ways you end up founding your own dynasty, though, so that's always an option too.
[/quote]I think you're mixing up dynasty and house. Houses are subgroups within the dynasty. The house head is likely to stay in one place as you suggest, because it follows normal succession, however the dynast is always the most "powerful" (however that's measured) house head. So it can move around. But my suspicion is that generally, the player will be the most powerful, by virtue of being smarter than the AI, and so will be the dynast. Besides which, the features of the dynast seem more like something designed for players.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: November 02, 2019, 06:44:56 am »

yeah, that's true. i mean, it's all very interesting. there might be a lot of assumptions we have about how ck2 works that won't hold true in ck3, like how title inheritance works vs how your next playable character is selected. it's pretty unclear.

this game is allegedly coming out next year, right?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: November 02, 2019, 07:09:02 am »

Yes, but it's probably good sense to consider it preliminary
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14787 on: November 03, 2019, 02:30:36 pm »

I've been around for a decade and probably will be for the next, and I wouldn't mind starting a new thread for discussion if people are that concerned about keeping the title updated.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:33:07 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: November 03, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »

The title has been “CK2 is released” for almost that decade, why the concern now?

Can’t the Toad change the title if we’re really that bothered by it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: November 03, 2019, 09:53:48 pm »

The title has been “CK2 is released” for almost that decade, why the concern now?
For that decade, CK2 has been released. But now, there's also CK3.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1002