Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006537 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14790 on: November 03, 2019, 11:28:13 pm »

I've been around for a decade and probably will be for the next, and I wouldn't mind starting a new thread for discussion if people are that concerned about keeping the title updated.

The Thread is Dead, long live the Thread!

(aka, yes please)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: November 04, 2019, 02:11:54 am »

I'd keep the old one for CK2 discussions

Btw as far as I'm concerned I'll stick with CK2 until I can get in ck3 a good chunk of the features currently available in ck2 via dlc and mods
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: November 04, 2019, 04:16:57 pm »

I'd keep the old one for CK2 discussions

Btw as far as I'm concerned I'll stick with CK2 until I can get in ck3 a good chunk of the features currently available in ck2 via dlc and mods
Honestly, even with what little the released so far, I'm expecting it to be preferable within a year of release, at least on the merit of novelty.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: November 07, 2019, 09:17:02 am »

they released the 2nd Monarch's Journey - haven't tried it yet. apparently, it's Wales.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14794 on: November 07, 2019, 03:09:21 pm »

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:08 am »

Not sure if Monarch's Journey discussions should go here or CK3... I'll assume here, since we're still playing CK2, even if it is for CK3 goodies.

Anyway, I've been trying the first Journey, and having a hell of a time - because my character just keeps dying. We're talking about keeling over within a couple years of starting.

Shortest, by far, was ending up in a duel (which I lost) while on the crusade that kicks off right as the game begins.
But I've also had a bad run-in with several different diseases that killed me even before I had a proper heir (despite stacking as many +fertility bonuses as possible)

The first game I played was interesting. Main character died of a disease just before my first daughter turned 16, but, due to going insane from an experimental medical procedure, brought in a horse for the counsel. The horse was (of course) useless, but he taught my daughter in the ways of the horse. Sadly, before I could spawn an entire legion of horsemen, the youngest child killed her elder sister, because she was a demon spawn. Then my entire bloodline got kicked off the British Isles when the Aztecs invaded and killed everyone.  :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: November 11, 2019, 11:29:17 am »

Yeah, I had to turn off Red Dusk on the second Journey, ended up losing two playthroughs (walethroughs) because of them.

Anyway I see no reason not to migrate the entire discussion to ck3 thread. That'll happen sooner or later anyway. Could just as well have a crusader king superthread. A thread of threads, if you wish. Let's call it Genghis Thread, Greatest of All Threads.
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: November 11, 2019, 11:52:42 am »

Anyway I see no reason not to migrate the entire discussion to ck3 thread. That'll happen sooner or later anyway.
But all the nifty mods and stuff for CK2 isn't all going to magically disappear.
In fact, all those mods now have a grounded point to build around instead of worrying about updates that break things
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: November 11, 2019, 12:07:11 pm »

Yes. I'm not saying people will stop talking about ck2. I'm saying the ck2 talk will eventually move to the ck3 thread.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »

Yeah, I had to turn off Red Dusk on the second Journey, ended up losing two playthroughs (walethroughs) because of them.

Anyway I see no reason not to migrate the entire discussion to ck3 thread. That'll happen sooner or later anyway. Could just as well have a crusader king superthread. A thread of threads, if you wish. Let's call it Genghis Thread, Greatest of All Threads.
There's no need to do it before CK3 is even out. Prior to that, and so long thereafter as there is sufficient interest in CK2 for this thread to retain a decent level of activity, let's keep things properly sorted.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: November 12, 2019, 08:43:50 am »

Tbh I think I'll stick around ck2 at least until ck3 allows me to play "secret history" low fantasy scenarios like ck2 does
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: November 12, 2019, 12:45:04 pm »

It'll be interesting to see what the modding community decides to do when CK3 comes out. CK2 could stand on its own, but the Game of Thrones mod was a big deal for it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: December 07, 2019, 10:55:08 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:52:03 am by catacombs »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: December 11, 2019, 01:40:32 am »

It'll be interesting to see what the modding community decides to do when CK3 comes out. CK2 could stand on its own, but the Game of Thrones mod was a big deal for it.

I'm confident the modding community isn't going anywhere, assuming CK3 is Workshop friendly.
The workshop may be a pain to work with, but CK2 has the workshop too. I don't see why it would impede people moving from CK2 to CK3, so long as there's an alternative.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: December 11, 2019, 02:18:02 am »

Eventually. On the other hand there are things going in favor of CK2 for a while (player base, richness of features, and ...  stability. If CK2 gets patches it will be just to fix bugs, and its unlikely they'll be mod-breaking
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1002