Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Notable Games Archive  (Read 45517 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Notable games archive?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 11:54:13 pm »

I think we should avoid saving misadventures and horrifically broken games in this.

I specifically refer to a few particular Paranormals (3 PWVs, Ghost Gamebreaker, and Deal With The Alien Watcher, maybe also the one where the Mafia murdered the crap out of each other and the town sat by and watched).

I'd enjoy KWN being there even if it got cocked up by random chance, and I think that my uPick, if I do say so myself, contained substantial degrees of EPIC, particularly by Zai, Mr.Person, and Org.

Good god Org.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:44 pm »

Personally, I thought the sheer idea of KWN was very interesting, as was the "cells" idea that ended up appearing.  uPick and KWN certainly look like they'll be going up.

If you have any specific ones up there that you'd vote against, however, please speak up loud and clear.  I can't read between the lines when you aren't giving me much to read between =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 07:03:07 am »

Personally, I thought the sheer idea of KWN was very interesting, as was the "cells" idea that ended up appearing.  uPick and KWN certainly look like they'll be going up.

If you have any specific ones up there that you'd vote against, however, please speak up loud and clear.  I can't read between the lines when you aren't giving me much to read between =)
That cells idea was stolen from me. I used it in a Paranormal game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 10:38:04 am »

That cells idea was stolen from me. I used it in a Paranormal game.

I came up with the idea and never read the early paranormals.

So no, Webadict, it wasn't.  But if you'd rather use a paranormal game than KWN to showcase it, then just tell me which one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 12:33:16 pm »

I think Wizard Duel 3 should go in the list. Excellent scum play with brilliant use of their abilities to dominate the game. Probably the only WD that the scum actually deserved to win. Plus, the Wizard Duel games are a very different mechanic from the normal games.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 12:54:28 pm »

BYOR: Choices and Quantum Mafia need to be on there for how absolutely batfuckinsane they were.

Like I want under nominations for it to say not "Novelty" but "Batfuckinsane"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 01:21:44 pm »

Alrighty, added.

Once again: if you think any of the games already nominated are unworthy, please tell me.  Don't want to screw this thing up, as mutable as it is =)

What about the time travel game and MSPA mafia?  For that matter, how about the first vote mafia?  I wasn't around for the first and last of the games I mention, but they seemed kind of interesting/important.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:25:08 pm by Vector »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:27 pm »

I'm down with those, yeah. MSPA mafias were all fun, especially the one where someone, er, achieved godhood and made EVERY PLAYER a member of the scumteam.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:21 pm »

I'm down with those, yeah. MSPA mafias were all fun, especially the one where someone, er, achieved godhood and made EVERY PLAYER a member of the scumteam.

Haha, excellent.

The Toon Mafia that had the Tom Cruise cult.

Forgot to ask--why were you nominating this one, again?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 01:49:45 pm »

Toon Mafias were pretty amazing.

I think Ridiculous Mafia 1 & 2 should be added with the tag "Derp" for everyone abandoning them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 01:53:54 pm »

Toon Mafias were pretty amazing.

I think Ridiculous Mafia 1 & 2 should be added with the tag "Derp" for everyone abandoning them.

They were, in fact, amazing--but my general goal here is to add the games that are extra-amazing for whatever reason.  I'm actually tempted to add the one with the enormous staged fight between you and Webadict (the one with the embedded Dethy setup).

Also... why do you think Ridiculous Mafia 1 & 2 should be added?  Just for curiosity's sake, please understand--I never even saw the threads for those.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 02:10:05 pm »

The RM1&2 suggestion was a joke, really.

In RM1, Inaluct had the ability to roleclaim Spartacus and gain any number of a specific set of powers, once, at any time during any day. He did so day 1.

Chaoticjosh had the inspiration for the Plasma Bomb. He was the Mafia Steroid-Pumping Brute or something like that, and he had the ability to (once per game) go on a drug fueled rampage, killing a player, anyone they targeted, anyone who targeted them, and so on; he himself would die from exhaustion/overdose if he killed 3 or more town players that way. He used it and wiped out over half the town power roles. Then the game died.

RM2 had a very complex closed setup and a bunch of people signed up then nobody played it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:02 pm »

Ahh, okay.

I'm also starting to wonder if I should add the original Bay12 Mafia to this--it looked pretty amazing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:08 pm »

The original B12 Mafia was fun. The only problem was forcing me to be the main guy.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 04:01:02 pm »

It think it would be more helpful to everyone if the OP contained links to the games listed. If you do that, I'd suggest stickying this.

Remember that one Paranormal game where Inaluct was a Survivor and voted for the mafia to help the town? Yeah, never add that one. That game was shit and I do not want to teach new players how to badly play Survivor. I think it was Paranormal 2.

Take off Quantum Mafia as well. Any setup that never finished probably shouldn't be on this list, really. Sadly that discounts Ridiculous Mafia, but all the more reason to run another, yes?

I liked Cybrid Mafia, but then again I might be a bit biased since I was the one involved with the most shit in that setup.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21