Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Notable Games Archive  (Read 45492 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Notable Games Archive
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2014, 08:23:55 pm »

• One scum player coasting through as almost confirmed town until the end of the game

I understand that you're very proud of how you played in that game, but not everybody thinks of it in the way that you do :P
Well, I know that.  But to be fair, I had both Flabort and ToonyMan saying "what the hell?" at the end of the game, so I consider it a victory.

*removes item from the list*

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2014, 11:57:01 pm »

Vector, how many votes are required for a game to be inducted?  I think there are three so far for Choose-your-own-masquerade

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2014, 03:14:38 am »

You could probably PM her if you were really excited for it to be included.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2014, 05:14:29 am »

I'm pretty excited about the nomination, but obviously I'm biased here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2014, 11:17:51 am »

I need more information on how the game actually worked, but otherwise y'all are good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2014, 02:01:36 pm »

Choose Your Own Masquerade was a regular semi-open mafia game with ten town and three scum except for these three points:

Deep South— there were no nights and almost all powers were processed as soon as they were sent in.

Choose-Your-Own-Role— Players start with a number of points they can by role powers with, and there were mechanisms for gaining news points, and buying & selling powers throughout the game

Masquerade— Each player had a secret mask colour, powers could only target masks and there were ways to swap masks in play.

Scum put all their eggs in one basket, with one scum taking a kill and two others supporting him. The killer immediately had their kill stolen by a changeling randomly picking targets, and 4maskwolf viciously bussed his two scum mates getting everyone to believe he was town, right up until a townie killed him on a hunch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

Choose Your Own Masquerade was a regular semi-open mafia game with ten town and three scum except for these three points:

Deep South— there were no nights and almost all powers were processed as soon as they were sent in.

Choose-Your-Own-Role— Players start with a number of points they can by role powers with, and there were mechanisms for gaining news points, and buying & selling powers throughout the game

Masquerade— Each player had a secret mask colour, powers could only target masks and there were ways to swap masks in play.

Scum put all their eggs in one basket, with one scum taking a kill and two others supporting him. The killer immediately had their kill stolen by a changeling randomly picking targets, and 4maskwolf viciously bussed his two scum mates getting everyone to believe he was town, right up until a townie killed him on a hunch.
It also provides good examples of the perils of trying to fly solo as scum as well as the potential payoffs: TolyK was the last person who could legitimately threaten me, since Flabort was saving me for the last round of executions and I had a plan to screw him for doing so. Had I not been shot then, the odds of me winning were pretty good, and by scumbuddies had fairly worthless roles.

Also, my apologies to Deathsword, Persus13, and Jiokuy for bussing them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2014, 11:06:04 am »

No, I do realize the game is quite fun. Just that one bit dampened it quite thoroughly that clouded up the fun I had with it.
And no, you weren't rude. Someone else, was.
Come on. I'm sorry for making a comment against your behalf. I don't want anything I've said to have any everlasting or profound effects on anyone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:56 pm »

Well...
>_> <_<
...Sorry too :-\ I should've PM'd you that thing instead of poking at it in public. Just that...there was no notice post-game and I assumed you saw it and...mmph. :-X
Yeah 's what I get for listening to YOU, cynical thought :I Told ya he was tons better.
It...didn't actually have any profound effect. Just added to the 'list of things to bug me' by my cynical side. ._.
So sorry too...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2014, 11:01:09 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:15:41 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 20, 2014, 11:02:48 pm »

I'll put up this last game, and then I would like someone else to take over the maintenance of the Notable Games Archive. I think I'm about ready to move on.
You're leaving B12?! D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2014, 11:04:45 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:15:06 pm by Vector »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:12:41 pm by Vector »

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2014, 12:12:02 am »

Do stay.  You're great and we need great people here.

I'm willing to take over the Archive.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:24 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:12:14 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21