Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900877 times)

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1230 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:44 pm »

How much longer do I have?

LOL @ Takuanuva

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 16, 2011, 01:57:22 pm »

As long as you want if you churn out regular updates.

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 16, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

(OOC: From now on all dates have +3 day difference from the ingame date, because I used three days on prelude stuff.)
The Journal of Arvada the Enchanter (continued)

4th of Granite
Armok knows, this place is an utter hellhole. So much junk everywhere. I despair of ever getting it cleaned during my time in office. There was even a donkey skeleton on the dining room stairs. The dining room stairs, for Armok's sake! How could I not have noticed this before I took office? Blood everywhere... carcasses on the stairs... I despair of ever getting it clean. Ah well. I shall be leaving it behind before the year is out, if all goes well.

The person who masterminded this has got to be some kind of Armok-cursed maddwarf. For instance, the gate  design. Who in his right mind would build a bridge, OVER DRY LAND, instead of digging a trench, which is both quicker, easier, and more effective?!

There are a ton of caged prisoners. Mostly filthy goblins, but I saw a troll. He could be useful in my magical rituals. For the rest, a suitably amusing end should be devised.

We seem to be pretty well done by for food and drink. I asked the bookkeeper, and we have over a thousand individual plump helmets. Why he must count them one by one I don't know, but at least I do know how many we have.

I fear, however, that the other dwarves shall be bored by endless courses of plump helmet. I must consider a kitchen industry, and some sun berry farms shouldn't be amiss. My first orders: dig out a big cavern in the sand under the gate. It must be kept strictly clean, even though the rest of the fortress might be in shambles.

5th of Granite
The miners are not digging out the cavern. I reprimanded them, only to be told that they couldn't seem to find their way to where I wanted it dug.

I can't blame them. Pathfinding in Failcannon is like fighting a bronze colossus with your bare hands. Only more so.

(OOC: I'm afraid I don't feel like doing any more tonight. :( I'll try and make a nice large update tomorrow.)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 16, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »

Can I get in after PFactorial? He's my RL friend and I want to see how badly he messes things up.  ;D

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:43 am »

Pathfinding in Failcannon is like fighting a bronze colossus with your bare hands. Only more so.
I lol'd.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:09:26 pm by Mekboy »
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 17, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »

Cheers for awesome new Failcannon!

These places, these monuments of hardship, suffering and sacrifice - they are not a curse. They are a gift. Because only in surviving in them do we learn who we truly are.

Sig please.  Eric Blank beat me to the madhouse by madmen quote.   :-[

Those three artifacts have me considering the "DF is sentient" arguments.  Dangleglitters is just creepy.

cignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 18, 2011, 09:26:35 am »

May i ask if u can mcdorf me into the next Migrent wave it you guys survive that long.
if you do i want Cignus to be in the name u can do what u want with the name but have cignus init. oh and im currently reading the battlefaild 1 game wow just WOW!

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 18, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »

Good luck reading all the way through a succession game. :P

Also, what profession of dwarf do you want?

Also, hope to have a small update out today. I can pass the save in its current state along to the next player if you feel I'm not delivering enough.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »

You're delivering fine, now don't stop. Seeing more names crossed off on the list won't help this thread's morale.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 18, 2011, 11:33:08 pm »

I was going to skip but after seeing your post...

Alright. I'll try to do this. Please, though, don't expect daily, page-length updates or anything. I have a ton of other things going on now, and I need to organize. So, here's the idea: I'll try and play for 10-15 minutes or more at some point in the day, and then post a diary update of it, perhaps with images if I'm in the mood. If I'm in the mood, I might play more. If I'm tired out, I might play less or not at all.

That's it. Enjoy yourselves, ladies and gentlemen...

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 19, 2011, 02:05:05 am »

I was going to skip but after seeing your post...

Alright. I'll try to do this. Please, though, don't expect daily, page-length updates or anything. I have a ton of other things going on now, and I need to organize. So, here's the idea: I'll try and play for 10-15 minutes or more at some point in the day, and then post a diary update of it, perhaps with images if I'm in the mood. If I'm in the mood, I might play more. If I'm tired out, I might play less or not at all.

That's it. Enjoy yourselves, ladies and gentlemen...

And that, sounds great. Thank you!

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 19, 2011, 08:10:19 am »

Dorf me as Elderont, Blacksmith, please!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:47 pm »

Indeed it may be quite a while before 'Elderont has been struck down' shows up. Dorfing of migrants seems to be forgotten to some degree.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 21, 2011, 03:03:28 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I'll try to get one out today.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 189