Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 896183 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1425 on: July 31, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »

I'm not sure if I was ever dorfed or not, but I'll appreciate being dwarfed here. Name the poor sod rridgway, with a custom title of Livery Deliverer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:44:28 pm by rridgway »

PFactorial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 31, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »

holy cow is it my turn?
wait where do i get the save?
what should my report be like?
i'm clueless here :D

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 31, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »

I just finished reading Battlefailed and getting caught up on Failcannon. I have just one thing to say, and Failcannon says it better than I could ever hope to:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The saga of Battlefailed and Failcannon, doomed from the start, rivals the impressive storytelling and pure epicness of Headshoots and Syrupleaf. While Headshoots had fire imps and clowns, and Syrupleaf had
, Battlefailed and Failcannon trumped them with an entire Forgotten Beast civilization living underneath them in the Ocean of Goo, whose numbers often exceeded those of the dwarves and whose in-fighting was reminiscent of all the tantrum spirals that these two forts have survived through. To top it all off, the queen is a royal bitch who sends dwarves to their death at these fortresses, all so that she can break the Seal and unleash the Goddess of Death and who-knows-what-else upon the world. It is no wonder that these two fortresses have earned a spot in the Hall of Legends.

Welcome to fucking Battlefailed/Failcannon! We boast the most variety in ways to die here, from the local skeletal and zombie wildlife, to the Forgotten Beast colony below (and their poisonous secretions, which have tainted a lake in an underground cavern); from the goblins (and occasional trolls) who unfailingly accompany any visitors, to the titans who come around every so often, thinking we're going to throw them a freaking tea party. Even the dwarves who make their homes here have claimed other dwarven life, whether it be due to berserk rage or gross incompetence. No matter which of these is the cause of your death, you can rest assured, knowing that your body will either be piled on top of a hundred or so others, get tossed in the ocean, or be made into bone blocks for our latest construction project. What, you want a funeral and to be laid to rest in a coffin? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We have no time for that! Consider yourself lucky if your body is even recoverable.

There was no hope for Battlefailed. The original 7 must have known this when they named the fort, for it surely lived up to its name. Likewise, Failcannon was doomed from the very start. No dwarven civilization could possibly survive in this land. But, what did the founders of Battlefailed, and subsequently, Failcannon, say to these odds?

After writing all of that, I decided I want to be dorfed, if this fortress survives long enough for more migrants/babies to arrive, which is doubtful.
Name: Mego
Profession Name: Mad Scientist
Real Profession: I really don't care, although Cheese Maker or Soap Maker would be hilarious.

EDIT: Just saw PFactorial's post. The save is at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4726
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:51:12 pm by Mego »

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:43 am »

You forgot to mention, that Failcannon is filled with half-finished megaprojects, like my Failpump and it's 1000 notes describing locations of all missing parts...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 02, 2011, 02:36:28 am »

So I have to ask: Failcannon hasn't had an update in a week, and Urist Imiknorris hasn't stopped by since then. Is Failcannon officially dead by attrition?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 02, 2011, 02:46:22 am »

I'm too busy right now and will take my turn later, whoever comes then.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 02, 2011, 02:47:32 am »

We've gone longer than this with no news before, FailCannon has a habit of not dying despite player, game, and real life's best efforts.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1432 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:19 am »

We'll wait for PFactorial and then spam PM:s to people in order of turnlist.

what should my report be like?
I dont think there's need for dwarf centered report, just posting pics of events and describing them should be fine.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Joshua IX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 02, 2011, 06:49:26 am »

Apologies for not getting back sooner. I was away from the internet over the past week. I regret to tell you that my computer physically cannot handle the save >.<

:/
Whatever happens, make it ironic dwarfy magma.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 02, 2011, 07:42:30 am »

Apologies for not getting back sooner. I was away from the internet over the past week. I regret to tell you that my computer physically cannot handle the save >.<

:/

Never fear, 'tis the Battlefailed tradition!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 02, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »

So I have to ask: Failcannon hasn't had an update in a week, and Urist Imiknorris hasn't stopped by since then. Is Failcannon officially dead by attrition?

Failcannon is like a Zombie Horse.  It may look dead when it lies down, but it's really just a bit slower than average and still quite capable of murdering dwarves when it starts to move.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 02, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

Failcannon is like a Zombie Horse.  It may look dead when it lies down, but it's really just a bit slower than average and still quite capable of murdering dwarves when it starts to move.

This just about sums up the fort and the thread.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 03, 2011, 03:11:58 am »

I'll be leaving later today and only come back on Saturday/Sunday, so IF my turn comes up before that, then please move me ONE back. Thanks!
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 03, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »

If PFactorial hasn't updated by tomorrow afternoon, we'll move on.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 03, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

Personal journal of Strategia Staffdanced, Cheesemaker and Marksdwarf-under-Duress

Entry 1 - sometime in 535 (I think).
It's hard to keep track of time here in Failcannon. It's probably around 535-ish, but I have no idea - what passes for "nature" here is so screwy (and mostly undead) that seasons are nearly impossible to track, and nobody really knows how long the stars were out. Doesn't matter anyway. I've decided to start writing a journal, to chronicle the madness of this place. I'm not talking about the fact that everyone who lives here is turning into a psychotic maniac, that's the usual state of affairs everywhere (no wonder so many people move away to settle in Armok-forsaken places like this), or the fact that the local wildlife doesn't want to stay dead - this fort does not have any cheese. Can you imagine! By Armok, it's no wonder this place is going down the magma chute - what kind of civilisation can be sustained without cheese?

I sometimes yearn for my days back at Graspedseduce, where everyone knew me and my cheeses, and respected me enough to cross the street when I walked wait when did I lose my right hand. I swear it was just attached a moment ago, I have no idea where it went. Could have happened during that scuffle with those humans. I swear, journal, the insolence of some people! Asking me to perform something called a "pole-dance" just because of my last name! The Staffdanced line has been a staple of Graspedseduce culture and high society for centuries, the name has nothing to do with lowly smut-peddlers like these hairless, sober humans! The name itself is a testament to my lofty heritage, it came from my great-great-grandmother's youth as an ecdysiast! (note to self: must remember to look up what that is someday) I must remember to dedicate the next few goblins I kill to Painiac, if he hadn't snapped and raised his crossbow at the same time I shot that maceman for insulting me, I would be among the many dead in this fortress' history.

But I am not. I survived. And now, in the name of the late Painiac, I dedicate the rest of my life (between invasions and rebellions) to bringing this place the glorious wonders of CHEESE. I may not be able to make my signature dragon tallow limburger here, but I sense interesting possibilities with some of the secretions of the Forgotten Beasts in this place. And the smells wafting from some of the older goblin corpses remind me so much of my old dairy I simply must try doing something with them - I could claim it was refuse disposal if necessary.

Mark my words, journal, I will bring cheese - and with it, civilisation - to this place, or die trying!

[OOC edit] - there really isn't any cheese, is there? I seem to recall there was none, or at least no local cheese industry
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:40:51 pm by Strategia »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 189