Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 901466 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2280 on: October 10, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »

It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 10, 2011, 06:54:54 pm »

Failcannon gets the prize for greatest number of FBs and deaths (dwarf or otherwise) I guess
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 10, 2011, 07:17:59 pm »

We also have one of the longest-running threads that is still alive, if you will pardon the pun.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

Halltraded at just 28 years? Child's play! Aim for 30 or die like dwarves!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 10, 2011, 07:56:02 pm »

We're at 23. The succession list says 28, but we've skipped 5 people.

However, if you add in Battlefailed, we win by a long shot. 23+17 = 40.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:59:35 pm by Mego »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 10, 2011, 07:59:40 pm »

Even if you don't include Battlefailed (which you should), I don't think many fortresses can challenge Failcannon for resilience. 
It's been on the brink of disaster for the entirety of its existence, without ever actually dying.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:58 pm »

Even if you don't include Battlefailed (which you should), I don't think many fortresses can challenge Failcannon for resilience. 
It's been on the brink of disaster for the entirety of its existence, without ever actually dying.

Failcannon, the eternal fortress. It simply CANNOT AND WILL NOT DIE. Not even loyalty cascades, FB hordes, a demon queen causing apocalypse to fall on the world, and thermonuclear catsplosions can kill this fortress. We have won Dwarf Fortress, my comrades.

If losing is fun, then what is winning?

Now that I've said this, Deathsword will inform us that he killed the fortress by pulling the wrong lever.

Another suggestion from the madman engineer-to-be: Hook up the ENTIRE FORTRESS to the self-destruct lever. Unleash both the undead army and the Forgotten Beast city on any who try to desecrate this land.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 10, 2011, 08:11:43 pm »

I think in light of this the appropriate record-setter is Aluonra - for making it onto the Hall of Legends in no less than 3 seperate entries.  (Battlefailed, Failcannon, and the Reclaim of Battlefailed)
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 10, 2011, 08:25:17 pm »

Speaking of which, would it be too soon to start a succession game in Eric's alternate-universe Aluonra?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »

We're at 23. The succession list says 28, but we've skipped 5 people.

However, if you add in Battlefailed, we win by a long shot. 23+17 = 40.

Actually I did count. I was speaking for Halltraded's record of 28.

Oh, and this made me F^&*!#% ECSTATIC.

Extremely awesome:

- Still Alive
- Apocalyptic prophecy
- Horde of psychotic liaisons
- Desecrated/prepared the desecration of the sacred remains of hundreds of dwarves
- Great writing

All in all a splendid ☼turn☼

When the time comes to generate a new Aluonra, we should make sure to maximize demons, titans and night creature numbers.  At the rate we're going, a future Windy World should be teeming with vampires, necromancers and restless spirits along with the usual forgotten beasts.

Even though it's the only happy thought on the list at this point.

Party in the dining hall!

Ok, back to work!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:33:31 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 10, 2011, 09:57:19 pm »

Don't bash another fort's record unless yours can beat it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 10, 2011, 10:05:35 pm »

Man guys, I leave for the weekend and Failcannon continues to slide down that rather long and rocky slippery slope.

In my mind, Aluonra is the official explanation for all the Night Creatures that have been and will be added. I mean, the story seemed to play out that way. It even contains plausible explanations for ghosts suddenly appearing.

Now you have a Doomsday Final-Fail Day Weapon set up to unleash an army of dead. Some of whom have lived more than once due to possession and reincarnation. Man, I would love to see this epic novelized. And if you guys decided to set up post-scratch Final-Fail Aluonra in the next version of DF, you might even be able to make a trilogy out of all this. Though I wonder if the third chapter will be able to compare to the saga thus far. I mean, how much "fail" would it take to consider the third chapter a proper continuation? (Luckily, the next version offers plenty of new ways to fail...)

Speaking of which, would it be too soon to start a succession game in Eric's alternate-universe Aluonra?

::) I think so. I think it would be best to wait for the next version and start with a fresh slate there. Especially since Failcannon continues to persist.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 10, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »

If you want justification for a new world, you could say it was rebooted from the sheer world-ending insanity you lot have inflicted upon it.  You'd have to start the next fort with the same original seven dwarves as this one though. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:57 pm »

I would still vote for having the third set several hundred or thousand years into the future, post-apocalypse (and in the next version.) But from what justification would it spawn? Treasure hunters in the old Capital? Dwarven archaeology is ‼FUN‼ like that. It may need none though; I'm confident we will justify it later.

On a completely different note; should we write an Epic of Aluonra? What would be needed? Who would actually have time to write it, or would we be able to take turns writing chapters? Consider the google definition of epic, I suppose. A big-ass poem detailing the history, in this case, of a world and two very important fields of mortal and ethereal combat.

"And upon the cat walks of Battlefailed
the gods did do battle in glorious fashion.
But by the end of the hour a scant few stood
to witness the duel of Death and the Youth unbridled."

And when fools question what makes the fortresses of Aluonra so Epic, point them to the Epic of Aluonra.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:54:17 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 10, 2011, 11:17:18 pm »

I don't have much experience with poetry, epic or otherwise, but I sometimes write short stories to amuse myself. I certainly wouldn't be able to craft the whole Epic of Aluonra by myself, but if we take turns writing chapters as Eric suggested, sign me up.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 189