Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900693 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

I'll admit, having read back through the previous page of how my dwarf died, I'm half-expecting that as soon as everyone was dead and the kobolds had left, my dwarf just got up, removed his disguise, and proceeded to claim the remains of the haunted, corpse-filled fortress as his own now that no-one could get in his way
Well there's only one way to find out, fire up a reclaim, shit pants when you have an 8th friendly face on embark.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well there's only one way to find out, fire up a reclaim, shit pants when you have an 8th friendly face on embark.

No-no he'd sneak in as part of the original seven, replacing one of them with a bad disguise and fake accent.  The others would never suspect a thing and they'd never notice another dwarf corpse amongst all the ones already there.  Even if it was missing it's clothes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of Failcannon's corpses are missing their clothes.  Mine certainly is.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Failcannon's dead now? Well, it did it's fair share, that's what i can say. However, it did not die from the FAILCANNON, which I find unsatisfying, despite all the ghost releasing, universe shattering mess brought to it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to save this mess, somehow, just to kill it properly. Or reclaim it and then kill it if/when Eric uploads the save. What could possibly go wrong.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

Failcannon's dead now? Well, it did it's fair share, that's what i can say. However, it did not die from the FAILCANNON, which I find unsatisfying, despite all the ghost releasing, universe shattering mess brought to it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to save this mess, somehow, just to kill it properly. Or reclaim it and then kill it if/when Eric uploads the save. What could possibly go wrong.

Of all freaking things, Kobolds finish it off...

You know... it's almost fitting.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

FAILCANNON was in Battlefailed. This one had Failday.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

And we failed spectacularly.

Gizogin only manage to kill one kobold in that fight; the lone one that was humiliating ThatAussieDwarf while passing out itself. ThatAussieDwarf didn't get any at all.

And I'll upload the save now. Have some patience!

Here it is; http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5174
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:53:12 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Tell me. How did I perish?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

So wait, did ThatAussieDwarf have 0 kills during the entire run of the fortress?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That seems pretty unlikely, but he/she certainly failed to do anything useful in the last few days of their life.

And darvi, I think you drowned on my turn sometime last month. Honestly, there was no way to foresee the deaths caused by the STFO, besides the knowledge that it was a f%^&@!* deathtrap, so it was shutdown shortly afterward. Managed to claim another life in the process, though...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:27:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Well, that means that Dariush and me succeeded in making the most dorfy structure in Failcannon :D
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

The STFO is this fortress's FAILCANNON. It claimed more dwarven lives than non-dwarven ones.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

The STFO is this fortress's FAILCANNON. It claimed more dwarven lives than non-dwarven ones.
It only claimed dwarven lives. It was like an elephant, it was hungry for BLOOD!
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Wait... in that case we should have named the next fortress 'STFO'. And the fourth one as whatever caused armageddon in the third. And so forth.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

So wait, did ThatAussieDwarf have 0 kills during the entire run of the fortress?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nah, during my turn at least Aussie had a few truly murderous moments.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 189