Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900989 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #750 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:07 am »

Couldn't you just drain it into the aquifer? Or start draining from the top to bottom, emptying one level, waiting for spilled water to evaporate and going on? Or simply IGNORE the central staircase?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 16, 2011, 11:49:43 am »

I could have.

But that would be no Fun. Besides, the forge dwarves are safe, and I have another, less-mad idea for getting rid of the water that will actually have some use (massive ore stockpile) once the water evaporates.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

I am beginning to have doubts that the fortress will survive till I get to rule it!

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:12 pm »

I am beginning to have doubts that the fortress will survive till I get to rule it!
Your starting to doubt. This is dwarf fortress expect every thing to fail immediately.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 16, 2011, 11:46:57 pm »

Only in Aluonra...

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 17, 2011, 10:05:35 am »

Eh. I'm after this? Sure. I got a plan. I predict 20 dwarves to die painfully when it's being carried out as a bare minimum. How many of them do we have anyway?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 17, 2011, 10:53:29 am »

Only in Aluonra...
In soviet Aluonra, Dwarf Fortress fails YOU!
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 17, 2011, 11:23:32 am »

I was taking a look around Failcannon in an earlier save, and I noticed a Sea Monster.  Makes me wish we had some kind of Sea Monster capturing machine.

If the baby I dwarfed myself has died, I'd like to request a specific dwarfing: take a talentless migrant and assign him to a burrow around the well.  Disable all his labors except for Cleaning and make his profession "Well Cleaner."  This way, whatever muck and grime accumulates around the well will be mopped up without delay.  Also, please provide him some leather boots and gloves so that the poison he eventually has to clean won't kill him.

Would you guys be okay with me running dfcleanmap? After the flooding is dealt with, I'm going to try and salvage some FPS.

Be a shame to lose the Ocean of Slime, but it'll grow back, I guess.  If it's just blood you're after, you could lower the boiling point of blood in general, I don't think it'll hurt the dwarves if you change it right back.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 17, 2011, 11:33:58 am »

Which projects are you currently working on, Urist?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:44:24 am by Dariush »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 17, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »

Digging out a massive room to drain the water from the forge-stairway (there is a temporary second stairway in place), atomsmashing as much crap as I can, slaughtering most of the uncaged animals, and

If it's just blood you're after, you could lower the boiling point of blood in general, I don't think it'll hurt the dwarves if you change it right back.

Boiling off a bunch of blood.

Update will probably be Saturday.

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 17, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »

Back to dwarf fortress after months of RL. I get back to the forums and am very pleased and surprised to find this fortress still going "strong".

You impress me guys. This is all very epic. I read it all and it's amazing. I love the place cheese-making has taken in the story and the weird happenings with the gods, Lur the fallen god and Andreus. Favourite part is Seth's Forgotten Beast Alternate Timeline. The bottom of those caves sure feels like a VERY weird place.

The dworf I requested on page 2 or three has yet to arrive :P So dworf re-request: Mechanics named Nonobots. If Mechanics are unneeded I'll take masonry, mining or a mix of those.

Keep it up guys you can get this fortress back on its feet for the 22nd time.
Playing DF on a Mac.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:36 pm »

The purpose of convincing it to stand up again being to lop off it's legs at the shin. :P

I want to be dorfed, considering I don't remember ever asking in a succession game (along with never playing one, but I'm working right now so...)

I don't care about profession or gender, but name them Eric/Erica and I would like to become a 'dedicated structural engineer' or just 'structural engineer', and have all labors (including all hauling) turned off except architecture, masonry, and mechanics. That should help combat problems similar to what Dariush was experiencing with the Wall and the Beasts. Skill shouldn't be a major issue in most cases.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 18, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »

There's no rave party like a Forgotten Beast rave party

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 18, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »

The elves arrived today, and almost immediately a woodcrafter went into a strange mood. I don't care whether we have the materials he wants or not - he's just another pair of hands anyway.

So we did have everything he needed. Too bad it's useless.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have begun destroying miscellaneous objects that serve no purpose. The first things to go are large amounts of stone as well as everything on the surface. I only hope the goblins don't show up for a while yet.

Oh hey, another one. Come on in, the water's great.

While I was reading the memo about the beast, Dariush III tapped me on the shoulder and told me that he had been elected mayor, and his first order was to ban any and all trade in electrum items. Also, Gilgameshclone is being incredibly annoying, constantly looking for something of his and yelling loudly that he can't find it every ten seconds.

Something strange seems to be happening up on the surface. It's been raining constantly since the beginning of the year, but recently when rain hits a dwarf, the dwarf's blood shell boils away. It's been rather common since I ordered everyone to start cleaning up the surface.

The human garbage disposals merchants have arrived. Have some stuff we don't need. Also, some migrants showed up. More garbage haulers are always needed.

Today I was presented with a painting of the cause for the otherworldly screams I heard from the caverns.

This lake is filled with a strange substance secreted by one of the beasts down there, and it seems to be rotting the flesh off its companions. The ones that have flesh, at any rate. I think it would be best to avoid that place.

I'm halfway through the year, and will finish tomorrow.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 18, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »

How's the dorfing by the way?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 189