Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 899993 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2010, 04:16:26 pm »

Is this Andreus The Sixth the Soaper?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2010, 05:50:15 pm »

Wow, an artifact Blowgun? Now all that misses is a skilled immigrant (not that unlikely) and enough ammo (almost impossible...) and we got ourselves an awesome blowgunning Ninjadwarf.

Hopefully the fortress survives that long, after the bridge-disaster. Did the military at least do a decent job when they got out or did they stay inside until the goblins were gone?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »

Hopefully the fortress survives that long, after the bridge-disaster. Did the military at least do a decent job when they got out or did they stay inside until the goblins were gone?
The military was good. They rip those goblins to shreds once things kinda got under my control. If it wasnt for the human caravan guard there would have probably been one more casualty though.

I will finish up my turn tomorrow and pass the torch on to Glacial.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

ArcaneSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Pastafarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:54 am »

See, this is exactly why you need a giant, power-consuming, accident-prone, leaking magma cannon in front of your main gate, right above your ‼Elfs‼ only trade depot.
Wanted: Signature Quotes
Reward: 1 honorable mention.

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2010, 07:27:02 am »

Epicness has just started to rise... I love it! By the way, am I still alive and sane?

ArcaneSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Pastafarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2010, 09:19:56 am »

Alive, maybe. Sane, no, you lost your sanity the moment you set foot in FailCannon.
Wanted: Signature Quotes
Reward: 1 honorable mention.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2010, 03:44:47 am »

The Cappstv Letters
This Old Man...
"...came rolling home." The body stop rolling at the bottom of the hill near the home. The old man who stood directly atop of the hill smiled. It was almost over. "Just one more to go," he said to himself. Indeed there was just one more to go.
The old man was on a mission. And no matter what he would complete his mission, because you can't change the future.
"One more to go."

Dinner With Queen Led
"Good and evil are two things that I can assure you that do in fact exist!" Queen Led sighed, she knew inviting a philosopher and a high priest would be a bad idea. "Good and evil are simply ideas, and nothing more. There can be no true evil and no true good. Who can decides what is evil and what is good?" The priest was now enraged and shouted, "Who else but the gods!" The philosopher shook his finger at the high priest, "Last I check there wasn't a god of evil or a god of good." The Queen took a bit out of her piece of bread. She almost had enough of this. "You simply amaze me! How can you not believe in good or evil!" The philosopher once again shook his finger at the priest, "Because every man has his own detention of good and evil." Queen Led had enough. "Stop with this conversation, it bores me." The priest's head went down in shame. "Aww, sorry my queen, if you don't mine my asking, what is your views on the subject." Led swallowed and replied, "I believe there is no pure good in the world. But I do believe there is such a thing as pure evil." Seconds later a servant arrived with a letter from FailCannon.

Turkey XIV's Second Letter To Led
Dear Queen Led,

Miasma plagues the fortress. The tantrums are never ending, and there is always at least one going on. Cappstv has been seeing the closest thing we have to a therapist. I was shown some of her poems and I still remember one.
I am rather sad
Cause Mekboy is now dead
I cut myself now

These are not good signs I think. Besides the decaying mental health of my peers we seem to be doing alright. Well actually that is a lie. We are doing terrible. Everyone goes a little mad sometimes, but we are all going mad right now.

From
Turkey
Mayor of FailCannon

Led's Response
Dear Turkey,
Wow that is all very interesting. I can't wait to write about it in my journal. Now I am going to finish my meal.
From Queen Led

The First Letter of Winter
Dear Queen Led,

Lur and Andreus have been strucked by melancholy. I fear Cappstv may suffer the same faith. Our days in FailCannon have been reduce down to grief and anger. Our numbers have dwindle down to 39.

I have just been inform that Andreus has just been struck down. Our numbers are now down at 38. I weep for the children who must grow up in such a climate. Its winter now, and I don't know if we will survive this one.

From Turkey
Mayor of FailCannon

Led's Reply
Dear Turkey,
Can you stop being so over dramatic? If I wanted to read serials I would read a serial. My patience with you is running thin.

From,
Queen Led

The Final Letter From Turkey
Dear Queen Led

I am sorry my over dramaticness. But I must inform you that Cappstv has gone gone Stark Raving Mad, and so  have I!HEHEHEHEHHAHAHAHAHHHEHEHEHHEHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHHAHAHAHA!
 OH MY OH MY MACDUGGIN HAS BEEN STURK DOWN HEHEHEHEHAHHAHAHAH! ONLY 35 DWARFS LEFT! AND ONLY A HANDFUL ARE SANE! LUR HAS DIED OF THIRST! LUCUdS HAZS THE MELACONLY! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA! LLSDFSTSDFSHSFDSEKLKMLPFADFWEROSFVSUSSDFSDCOSDEWRMLSDFWEBUOGDFSGNSDFSFSVBCXE!

The Gypsum Cabinet
During the chaos one dwarf withdrawn from society to create a artifact. The artifact which was created was a gypsum cabinet menace with spikes of gypsum. A cabinet. But this cabinet represented something. It had order. In a time of chaos one dwarf made something that defy the chaos. This cabinet came to be known as "The Veiled Rivers". It was a sign of hope.

The Old Man and Cappstv
Ledi was known as a crazy cat lady. And the first thing the Old Man saw when he arrived at FailCannon was her going mad. How appropriate, he thought. The Old Man hid in the shadows and waited. The zombie and skeletal horses came. Lucus, Sprout, Lupusater, and Cappstv quickly were killed. It was Cappstv who the old man came for. The old man made his way toward's Cappstv's corpse. He was shock to find that it wasn't exactly a corpse, but that Cappstv was still somewhat alive. "Thats not suppose to happen." He pulls out his knife when Cappstv speaks in a voice that isn't her own, "Old Man, the future you have seen is just one of many possibilities."
The old man slices the throat of Cappstv, but the voice is still there, "What was the purpose of killing that young boy? Or the several other murders you committed in last months? What is the purpose of making sure Cappstv dies?" The old man replied, "I don't know," and walked away. He went through a shadow as a siege engineer began his murderous rampage. He would end up killing Twobeard, mrgrinshpon, Dariush, and FelcisGreenshirt. After that 3 goblin snatchers will steal 3 children. And then after that a goblin ambush. Vastly out numbering the dwarfs, there will be slaughter. When spring arrives there is only one dwarf left. He will soon be slaughter also.

GAME OVER
You have failed FailCannon. As FailCannon fails, so fails the universe.
Continue?

Cappstv speaks out of character
So yeah. Do you guys want me to try again, or just upload the save so the next guy can do it? You must be sick of me by now.
Either way, it seems the gods have to pull off some magical stuff and go back to the past.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2010, 04:02:24 am »

...wow.  Do you have an earlier save or is Failcannon screwed?

Well, clearly we can't give up.  I say we drive on, that's what true dwarves would do, but it's a pain to rebuild the place with only one dwarf.  Reclaim is an option too I guess.

On a lighter note, those updates were awesome and that poem is hilarious.

Edit:  Also, when did Lur get to the fort?   ???
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:03:57 am by SethCreiyd »

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2010, 04:04:30 am »

Yep I do have a save.
Oh and that last dwarf died.
Wait, where is Lur. I dont see no lur.

EDIT:
But yeah, you guys decide what to do. I got a save from after the first fall update. If you guys want to reclaim or have me retry from that save tell me.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:13:02 am by cappstv »

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2010, 08:28:32 am »

Okay, I'm slightly confused, but all I know is we have all just died from an insanity tantrum spiral and a goblin ambush.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:08 am »

I am happy to attempt either a reclaim or to try to stop the tantrum spiral.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:23 am »

Well, that was quick. I never thought that those deaths would cause a tantrum spiral that fast. Great writing as usual though.

Didnīt reclaim at an ocean flood the entire fortress or did that get fixed? I once tried to explore this fortress in Adventure mode, but it was completely filled with water. oO
If that is true the reclaim would be almost impossible. A retry would be the best option at this point imo, unless I am mistaken.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2010, 10:26:02 am »

I vote reclaim. Savescum or salvage. I forgot about the ocean/reclaim issue, although you could just deconstruct all the doors in the fort and have an open passage to the caverns to avoid that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:31:50 am by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2010, 10:45:34 am »

Okay, so save it is. I will try not to get everyone kill this time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2010, 11:03:58 am »

How did the last dwarf die? Goblins?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 189