Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900149 times)

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »

Woo hoo! You're able to get the wall construction moving again. That's progress.

Good call on the stone stockpile near it. I wish I'd thought to do that.

hellbored

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2010, 06:27:48 am »

Wow, I lasted a good while [/sarcasm]

This really is Fun.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2010, 06:55:57 am »

I don't know why the hell you went outside. You had No Job (so you didn't go to haul anything, everything on the surface was forbidden at that point anyway) and there isn't a meeting zone outside. I switched to the "all civilians hide" alert when I saw you going out, but it was already too late at that moment - one of the goblin spearmen somehow managed to get like really close to the door and he chased you away from it. It was all very dramatic.
Now there's a hill titan. Sealing off the outer wall isn't hard, but it can fucking swim. I savescummed (I saved the game when it entered the map), but building a wall across the entire length of the beach isn't doable, so I'll have to come up with some other solution.
The next update might actually have some screenshots!  :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:57:50 am by Oglokoog »
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2010, 01:18:31 pm »

Today a Hill Titan appeared within sight of the fortress walls. It looks like a massive, hairy iguana and has an austere look about it (don't look at me! I don't know what "austere" means either, the engraver told me that). I immediately ordered the destruction of the ramps going up to the wall because even though the titan surely can't break down walls, doors could prove to be... less than optimal as far as titan-proofing goes. Now that it can't get in, I can sleep well again.

Actually, scratch that last part. This morning I woke up in cold sweat. I saw the titan swimming in the Blueness of Malodors, approaching the unprotected shore, entering the fortress and slaughtering every single one of us. Just as its poisonous spine was about to pierce my heart, I awoke.
I bolted out of my room (which is quite nice, though in no way as grandiose as some of the previous overseers' ones) and found one of the soldiers looking at the sea.
"Where is the titan?" I asked.
"It just jumped into the sea. I didn't know hill titans could swim," replied the soldier.
Oh god.
"Tell everyone to stop whatever they're doing and start building a wall from there to that other end."
"Yes, lady."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The wall is finished. The titan simply can't get in now and neither can anything else.
Another two caravans arrived and we could do nothing but watch them get slaughtered by the titan. Then, however, the goblins returned. Half the fortress gathered on the wall to watch as the titan noticed them and attacked.
Well, as much as I loathe the greenskins, I have to say they gave the titan a good ass-kicking. It did kill a few of them before it fell, though.
A possessed dwarf then went mad. I barely even noticed that he was possessed and assumed we had enough of everything to satisfy his needs. Turns out that wasn't the case and one of the dwarves preemptively installed a door in the entrance to the workshop he was scribbling away in. I wanted them to remove the door at first, but his subsequent mad babbling convinced me that it's probably best to just leave him be. His mind is broken.
A few days before the end of winter, another dwarf has withdrawn from society. I don't really know what he's up to, but I certainly hope we have enough materials for the completion of his (no doubt magnificient) work.

The save is here. Some details and notes for the next overseers follow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2010, 01:19:47 pm »

Oh and I would like to be put on the end of the turn list, please  :)
It would be pretty great if we managed to make the fortress survive until then.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

So, next up is Dragonshardz,and if he is unavalible then the celebrated LordSlowpoke is up after him.
Hopefully not with Vice Christ folowing him, though.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2010, 05:31:10 pm »

Right, what version of DF are we using?

I'll get started soon.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2010, 06:16:17 pm »

Impressive work on the wall, Oglokoog. That should save dozens of future dwarves.

dragonshardz, I used DWARF FORTRESS 0.31.16.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2010, 06:35:29 pm »

So did I.

hellbored

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2010, 05:32:13 am »

Just to add, I'd like to be re-dorfed as soon as your able. Anything again, but maybe with a future military career, assuming I last that long ;)

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2010, 09:37:31 am »

Since I died, again, can I be redorfed? Possibly a smith.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2010, 05:49:24 am »

Is dragon taking the turn?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2010, 08:33:15 am »

He said he'll get started soon and hasn't informed us of any RL problems yet, so I think he is.

Narua

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:18 pm »

He's supposed to have finished, by today, a stint for a fortress in a succession game elsewhere.
After 3-4 days real-days he was 6 DF-days into his 2-year job as overseer. I don't think he's going to make it.
Incidentally, I'd love to be included in this. Never posted in these forums before, but I'd love to give it a shot if there's a spot or at least be dorfed.
Anyone have a link ti a style guide so that if I do get to play I don't post poorly?
Edited for clarification. Doubleedit: Took a look at the list of people waiting to oversee, and I doubt I'll remember to check back regularly enough to see when I'd be coming up which would be months from now, so nevermind that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:16:40 pm by Narua »

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »

I say give him untill the end of October. If no reports by then, We're moving on to LordSlowpoke.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 189