Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 899655 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:41 am »

IIRC Stonesense doesn't play nice with 31.16.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »

Just checked out the save, I like the layout. What version is this and which tileset is used? Looks like many have died, someone should try and recover the fallen outside. Are those the ones who died of thirst?

Edit:
The original version?  The tileset in use is hard for me to read... colors blend too much.  Impressive, the only reccomendation I could add for slow is to train up some marksmen and build towers with fortifications along the northern entrance and lure the gobs in.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:36:49 pm by nordak »
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2010, 08:12:01 pm »

So, basically, not die? That's usually how it is with these forts.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:23 am »

Mmm'kay, I got pretty desperate at this point.

Basically, I've got everything I wanted done and it isn't even summer, dammit. I'm hereby accepting all possible suggestions on things to make via PM (but at least try to make it understandable, will you).

Everything outside is off-limits.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 08, 2010, 10:05:05 am »

Time for a megaproject I think... Failcannon Prime time?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2010, 10:53:39 am »

We don't have enough dwarves for that. Our primary concern right now should be somehow making sure that at least one big or two small migrant waves get in whole so we can start working on something. Maybe we could utilise the danger room method of training.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »

I think it's possible to build a Failcannon Prime to pump aquifer water out onto the surface, and to reinforce the walls around Failcannon so the pump doesn't flood the fortress. That's what I'd endorse doing for the rest of the year.

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 09, 2010, 10:48:58 pm »

I think working on a way to get immigrants safely in would be pretty cool, but I guess I can always play my turn as a zombie if there isn't anyone spare by then.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2010, 08:23:41 am »

I had never thought of a danger room before. What a great concept. Next time im playing i'll have to remember to build one.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »

Even though it is not exactly an exploit (the soldiers are being attacked and they are blocking/evading/parrying the attacks), I, myself, consider a cheat and wouldn't use it if I, well... didn't need to. A freshly activated, no-skill peasant with even the most basic armor is a legendary fighter in two in-game days on average, a legendary shield user about another two days later, legendary weaponskill usually takes another week and Legendary+5 in all combat skills is reached a month in at most. It does kill babies (as I found out, quickly enough, when I enlisted a child-bearing lady into the army and she stepped into the room), children (as I found out when the lady's older child also followed her), animals (as I found out when I forgot to make the door un-pet-passable), and clothes-only equipped dwarves (as I found out when they tried to take the dead baby and child to the graveyard) pretty fast, though.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2010, 01:56:51 pm »

Ah, dead baby humor.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2010, 09:49:40 pm »

I loved reading the last thread, and this is starting to look just as promising! I'd like to be dwarfed this time if and when possible, preferably just called Eric, and any stable, non-dangerous job, I'd turn off hauling too if i were in charge just to prevent myself from running outside to grab socks and dieing, but that's a selfish and cruel thing to do.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:37 am »

Meanwhile, at the maintenance tunnel of a secret project...

Code: [Select]

Maintenance terminal. Insert beard signature to continue.
    Scanning...

Welcome to the Independence Network, Lord Slowpoke. [24.03.22/15:44 Urist Standard]
>connect

Communications dish unavailable. [24.03.22/15:51 Urist Standard]
>logout

Logging out...
    Have a dwarven day.

Maintenance terminal. Insert beard signature to continue.

The machine grinds into inactivity, it's stone gears clicking, yet unheard due to a horde of dwarves working above.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2010, 05:23:36 am »

I don't know if .17 is as buggy as previous odd-numbered releases used to be, but I'd suggest waiting for .18 to update.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:10 pm »

I'd like to be dwarfed this time if and when possible, preferably just called Eric, and any stable, non-dangerous job

We call that job 'Deceased' in most succession forts.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 189