Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 899168 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #645 on: February 24, 2011, 08:26:16 pm »

I think that was actually the first Derm. IIRC, he was a bowyer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 24, 2011, 08:27:28 pm »

How many derms are there currently?

And how can we get more?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 26, 2011, 10:32:08 am »

There are now three deceased Derms and one living Derm (a cook).

5 Limestone, 526:
I've ordered the militia to begin limited surface patrols. This should suppress the wilddeath population and allow us to complete the roads.

7 Limestone, 526:

The second of the imprisoned rebel leaders has died after months of neglect a hunger strike.

24 Limestone, 526:

Another horror! Here to raid our cheese stockpiles, no doubt. If only we had the dwarfpower, I'd show these disgusting creatures a thing or two.

26 Limestone, 526:
The mayor has declared that only Failcannon should enjoy the rousing music of the trumpet.

I couldn't agree more. Without trumpets to inspire them, our enemies will have a harder time marching into battle. Nonetheless, I've had the mayor flogged for overstepping his authority.

26 Sandstone, 526:
At last, we have broken the final rebel leader!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All internal dissent has been crushed, and my rule is secured forever! The Legions of Terror shall hold a parade.

27 Sandstone, 526:
I was awakened from my sleep last night by somebody moaning:

"Cheeeeeeeeeeese. Need cheeeeeese. CHEESE!"

Somebody is out to raid our cheese stockpiles! Andreus says this is probably another spirit, and she can deal with it, but she doesn't think it will actually take our cheese. I hope she's right.

Later in the day, ten more dwarves arrived to join us!

1 Timber, 526:
We completed the roads today. I have withdrawn our troops to give them a rest -- we don't have the dwarfpower to patrol every month of the year.

6 Timber, 526:

The incessant demands for cheese have finally stopped. I'm pleased to report that whatever it was failed to get any of our precious cheese. We now have over a hundred units in our strategic cheese reserve.

13 Timber, 526:

Another spirit is rumored to be wandering the fortress, overturning furniture. It is doubtless searching for our hidden cheese stockpiles! It must be stopped!

19 Timber, 526:

A caravan has arrived, carrying vital goods. Like cheese. Andreus says that maybe I should focus on something other than cheese, but she is wrong. See! Our diligent efforts have attracted the attention of a great cheesesmith!

20 Timber, 526:

The caravan has come under attack! I'm calling up the militia.

No! The cheesesmith has been waylaid by another party of goblins!

NOOOOOOOOO!!! CHAAAAARGE!!!!

21 Timber, 526:
We have triumphed again, avenging the poor cheesesmith, but it is a bittersweet victory. Cog Walledpassion, the hero of the previous battle, was gravely injured and had to be carried from the field.

I hope that she lives, for she is truly a vicious warrior: during the battle, she bit a goblin's head off.

The caravan guards drove off the band that attacked them, but a guard and a trader were killed. The remaining merchants are just standing there, dumbstruck.

26 Timber, 526:
The merchants finally wandered off today.

1 Moonstone, 526:
My reign is now completely secure and immune to any and all challenges. As such, I am going to delegate the non-military aspects of my job to another. I shall maintain control of the militia, but day-to-day management of the fortress will be left to somebody else. Who, you ask?

My daughter, of course. I have no doubt that she will be a wise and competent administrator who will certainly not be anyone's puppet.

In light of the past year's goblin attacks, I've reorganized the military's schedule -- we can't patrol year-round, but we can patrol heavily when we expect caravans. I've also begun training two new squads, The Creative Seals and The Trumpets of Wilting. They'll need better equipment before they can be sent into battle, though (it may be time to start mass-producing suits of bronze armor).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go drive off a skeletal horse that is giving some of our dwarves trouble.

Spoiler: Final Status (click to show/hide)

In my turn, I:
- Buried a lot of corpses, and held down the ghosts (see below)
- Trained up a militia and fought off several ambushes
- Actually managed to do some trading
- Got a bunch of migrants
- Made a bunch of equipment, including nine suits of bronze armor. However, now that we have more dwarves, it might be time to assign more than one of them to armorsmithing.
- Made a ton of bins to put all our crap in.
- Made/acquired lots of cheese (figure below does not include 28 cheese roasts)

Now, I mentioned the ghosts. There is currently a Glacial ghost wandering around the fort. It's last name does not match the last name of either of the deceased Glacials in the fort's records. I ordered memorials made to both Glacials; the first didn't work and the second is still in production. If the second slab doesn't work, this ghost may prove troublesome.

Here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3854

Best of luck to the next overseer!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:33:42 am by DuckThatQuacks »

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 26, 2011, 05:40:20 pm »

Nice turn there DuckThatQuacks, I'll get on with mine right away.

EDIT: Okay, sorry about this guys, but I'll have to drop out. This FPS is crippling. I've been playing for 1 hour and literallly 2 days have passed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:35:20 pm by Mekboy »
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:00 pm »

Looking back over Robocorn's turn, it looks like the body of the Glacial that is haunting the fort at the moment was tossed into the ocean: http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5457/corpsestack.png (second corpse in the list)

Those corpses all mysteriously vanished when I tried to suck them into an access tunnel where we could bury them. And now they no longer appear among the lists of the dead, and we can't engrave memorials to them, but they can still come back as ghosts.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 26, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »

Try using the stocks menu to find them, and see what square you zoom to. Then try building and disassembling a wall on them, if it's accessible. I've seen this work for recovering items frozen into ice before.

(Or just leave me haunting. It makes me happy.)

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 26, 2011, 07:54:40 pm »

Glacial doesn't show up in the stocks menu, though some of the other corpses from the pile do. The game zooms to squares in and around the access hallway:

So perhaps future overseers can follow your suggestion to try to retrieve the invisible corpses in the hallway. But retrieving invisible corpses from the ocean is going to be tough. It's a good thing haunting makes you happy, because you may be doing it for a long time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:01:09 pm by DuckThatQuacks »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 26, 2011, 08:43:34 pm »

We can't even memorialize them?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 26, 2011, 09:22:24 pm »

We can't even memorialize them?

Not Glacial, at least -- I can't find him in the list of choices for engraving into a slab.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2011, 11:13:10 am »

Can you find him in the unit list? Maybe you missed it and temporarily changing his name to something like HEY OVER HERE IT'S ME GLACIAL will help.

Or maybe his ghost will haunt the fortress until a fell dwarf murders him.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »

I can't believe this fort actually gets migrants.  Are any of them available?  dorf me as a woodcutter and put me in the militia, please.  (custom profession: omnichopper)

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2011, 12:17:51 pm »

Can you find him in the unit list? Maybe you missed it and temporarily changing his name to something like HEY OVER HERE IT'S ME GLACIAL will help.

Or maybe his ghost will haunt the fortress until a fell dwarf murders him.

While it is of course possible that I am just missing him, I couldn't find him in the unit list.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2011, 12:39:37 pm »

So Glacial has become an unperson...

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »

am I still a potential person or just never mentioned?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 28, 2011, 08:00:15 am »

Did I die again? Guess I did, a while ago. Cover that up by making me yet another squad leader, I think I left the armor/weapon set as a default in there. Don't remember by now, just check for anything involving "lord" and go with that.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 189