Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 896710 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #825 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

OVERSEER REPORTED TO BE LAUGHING MANIACALLY

Oh hey.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DorvenEngineering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

Why don't we weaponise the Blueness on a larger scale? Like building a pump-stack/skyscraper and flooding the entire world slowly, but surely. We would effectively eradice all non-aquatic life except what dwarves we have in our fortress - which we should probably seal with floodgates and stuff beforehand. That way we'd have a Fuck-The-World engine and a gigantic, fortress-shaped submarine.
Why I think goblins are the superior species? In Goblin (language_GOBLIN), "Armok" literally means "skirt-whore", as in "ar" = "skirt" and "mok" = "whore". So while the other languages fail to deliver even as much as a direct translation, to the green-skinned people of the towers, the almighty God of Blood himself is but a little bi*ch. For this, one might induce, they pay with many a hapless siege, yet still, they don't give up and change insults or anything like that. Go, goblins!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 22, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »

What you just described is the original FAILCANNON.

It lived up to its name.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DorvenEngineering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 22, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »

I know that there are similarities. And I also know that it did so by flooding the fortress, if I recall correctly, rather than everything but the fortress.

I'm not talking about a cannon. I'm talking about a freestanding pump-stack that brings the stuff up to the z-level it ends on, putting the whole world except maybe some of the mountain ranges under water and raising the Blueness by a few (dozen) z-levels. I had gotten the impression that the original FAILCANNON had been designed to shoot comparably small loads onto specific spots, not to create a world-ending deluge.

But that may just be me not having gotten the point. In that case, I'm sorry.  :-[
Why I think goblins are the superior species? In Goblin (language_GOBLIN), "Armok" literally means "skirt-whore", as in "ar" = "skirt" and "mok" = "whore". So while the other languages fail to deliver even as much as a direct translation, to the green-skinned people of the towers, the almighty God of Blood himself is but a little bi*ch. For this, one might induce, they pay with many a hapless siege, yet still, they don't give up and change insults or anything like that. Go, goblins!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »

I know that there are similarities. And I also know that it did so by flooding the fortress, if I recall correctly, rather than everything but the fortress.

I'm not talking about a cannon. I'm talking about a freestanding pump-stack that brings the stuff up to the z-level it ends on, putting the whole world except maybe some of the mountain ranges under water and raising the Blueness by a few (dozen) z-levels. I had gotten the impression that the original FAILCANNON had been designed to shoot comparably small loads onto specific spots, not to create a world-ending deluge.

But that may just be me not having gotten the point. In that case, I'm sorry.  :-[
ROFL
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 22, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »

Better idea lets flood the entire world with whatever the hell is in the slime pit!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 22, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »

Global biological warfare? I like.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »

The pumps were originally there just to drain out the entrance so we could seal off the flood.  I think Robocorn built the nozzle during his second turn and I just hooked them up.  Didn't have time to finish or test it, but it did manage to make a couple of elk wet.

Better idea lets flood the entire world with whatever the hell is in the slime pit!

I agree.  Let's make the Plain of Ooze live up to the name.

Zeocin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 22, 2011, 06:51:12 pm »

Only after we're done flooding the fort with it, apparently.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 22, 2011, 06:56:49 pm »

Whose idea was it to check if it could muddy the fields with the shit that rots things alive. also if this kills the fort we should savescum it just doesnt feel right for this to kill the fort
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:01:10 pm by Ahrimahn »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:57 am »

Wait... what will happen if we dump water onto the slime sea? If the slime will multiply, maybe we should flood the caverns by using aquifer, and then pump the resulting eternal slime aquifer?

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 23, 2011, 08:12:16 am »

Do you guys mind if I download the save and post the fortress layout on the DFMA? It'd be fun to see the glorious acidic lake in all of it's glorious glory.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 23, 2011, 09:52:18 am »

Whose idea was it to check if it could muddy the fields with the shit that rots things alive. also if this kills the fort we should savescum it just doesnt feel right for this to kill the fort

Pretty damn well, apparently. It also cleans the soil of all organic vermin for a while and helps dwarves who are too dumb to have socks on be turned into insta-fertilizer. All's fine with me here.

I stopped the flood with a few hatches so the forges are quite safe, commencing drainage.

Edit: I decided to fuck the world and dry the ocean of slime permamently, kill the FBs, and make the area recovered into my personal goddamn bedroom. Currently two FBs are dead, so are some people from the military, but most importantly, the fucker that's been spewing rotdust's down. Entire military currently fighting down at z -88.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:29:40 am by LordSlowpoke »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 23, 2011, 10:03:10 am »

Pretty damn well, apparently. It also cleans the soil of all organic vermin for a while and helps dwarves who are too dumb to have socks on be turned into insta-fertilizer. All's fine with me here.

I stopped the flood with a few hatches so the forges are quite safe, commencing drainage.
Yeah but i wouldnt put it past the game that any food grown on that soil will cause the same problems as the stuff itself

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2011, 01:17:06 pm »

Do you guys mind if I download the save and post the fortress layout on the DFMA? It'd be fun to see the glorious acidic lake in all of it's glorious glory.

Go for it. I was going to do that but I forgot.

EDIT: Didn't Battlefailed also have an ocean of slime?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:20:02 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 189