Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906376 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #960 on: April 07, 2011, 03:02:29 pm »

The world came from before 31.19, so we have no underground grass. Also, the surface is almost completely stripped of it. Start slaughtering.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

"Hey, overseer! Sir!"

"Yes?" The other dwarf replied.

"You were asking what to do with the goblins right, sir?" The dwarf spoke with a smile in his face.

"That's correct, some of our people told me we should throw then in a pit filled with magma. Do you disagree with the magma method of execution our ancestors have used for so long?"

"Not exactaly, sir. The magma is pretty damn useful, for killing and curing illness as some of our own would say. But... Why not throw the goblins in a pit full of me, with a me full of steel armor and a pretty new shiny silver mace?"

"Huum... Do you claim yourself more effective than magma?"

"Not at all sir, but i'm sure as hell I'm going to be more slowly hurtfull!"

"Huum. I'll think about it... What's your name, dwarf?"

Unlike the rest of the conversation, as the dwarf answered the question he seemed rather pale, different from the cheerful red looks he possessed before. Yet, his answer was... "Elderont."

English is not my original language, so forgive me for any mistakes.

;)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 07, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »

I vote for a goblin drop tower to be built, from the top z-level of the map to the surface, and the down some more.  Make sure not to hit the magma sea, though, let them splat.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 07, 2011, 04:03:41 pm »

Dont you see we can do far worse to this vermin problem we could sic them on the forgotten beasts if they kill the beasts they will die from ooze if the beasts killed them so?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 07, 2011, 04:38:54 pm »

Dont you see we can do far worse to this vermin problem we could sic them on the forgotten beasts if they kill the beasts they will die from ooze if the beasts killed them so?

Not a bad idea. I second the motion! (will have to create a non-splatting means of introducing "visitors" to the caverns that doesn't allow any FBs access, though)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 07, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

Not a bad idea. I second the motion! (will have to create a non-splatting means of introducing "visitors" to the caverns that doesn't allow any FBs access, though)
Use my giant drop tower idea, but add retractable bridges all the way down.

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 07, 2011, 04:47:09 pm »

Why don't you (or we, if I decide to request turn) just dig tunnel to surface to FB lair, add drawbridge and when next siege comes lower the bridge and let FB and siegers duke out while we laugh in safety of fortress?
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »

Why don't you (or we, if I decide to request turn) just dig tunnel to surface to FB lair, add drawbridge and when next siege comes lower the bridge and let FB and siegers duke out while we laugh in safety of fortress?
Because the FB's would inevitably win and then stay around and prevent anything from ever getting to our fort again? Possibly?

I second the motion!
Notion.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »

I second the motion!
Notion.

No, motion. The motion to have the FBs and gobbos duke it out. I third that btw, with the multiple levels of retracting bridges Remalle proposed. If nothing else, it should provide for some amusement as the gobbos decide whether they prefer to die at the hands (or claws, or teeth) of some unimaginable monstrosity or slowly rot until their brain falls out.

Also, caged trolls. Don't suppose they're trainable?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:14 pm »

I second the motion!
Notion.
No, motion. The motion to have the FBs and gobbos duke it out.
Yes, that's "notion".

Do we have a dungeon master?
Unless Toady fixed it while I wasn't looking, DMs are bugged. They never arrive.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:36 am »

I think it was fixed the fortress i have going right now got one and within the year i had domesticated the Crundle population.
EDIT: checked wiki they where fixed in 31.13 but no word on wether pre fix worlds will get them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:23:38 am by Ahrimahn »

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 08, 2011, 07:57:00 am »

I second the motion!
Notion.
Yes, that's "notion".
No, he still means "Motion".  Notion is an idea.  Motion is a movement, or pushing forward an idea.

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 09, 2011, 02:46:00 pm »

I second the motion!
Notion.
Yes, that's "notion".
No, he still means "Motion".  Notion is an idea.  Motion is a movement, or pushing forward an idea.
Motion, Notion who cares its all semantics you get the point we should kill forgotten beasts with goblins
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 189