Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 899888 times)

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1065 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:50 pm »

Excellent. Let's keep this moving.

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 03, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »

I think I've placed all the notes I had to (1500 or so). I can finally unpause the game and finish the year.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:09 pm »

I think I've placed all the notes I had to (1500 or so). I can finally unpause the game and finish the year.

Wow
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:39 am »

Let's never make this exception again.

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 04, 2011, 04:28:27 am »

Year finished. I'l get some rest and start writing the update.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 04, 2011, 07:29:17 am »

I really hope you don't seriously expect the next overseer to follow your instructions to the letter and waste HIS time doing stuff that YOU want done.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 04, 2011, 08:56:12 am »

I really hope you don't seriously expect the next overseer to follow your instructions to the letter and waste HIS time doing stuff that YOU want done.

I swear, if it wasn't for the fact I'm already fed up with managing this I'd take even another turn just to do exactly what the notes say then redirect it into the fort just so you two get pissed off. Also dwarf roast, delicious dwarf roast.

Takuanuva

• Bay Watcher
  • The Failkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 04, 2011, 11:53:51 am »

Journal of Takua Bimzasit, the Overseeing Chronicler

Granite:
Turns out Failcannon is running out of alcohol. I have no idea why, but I'm going to ask a few guys, someone should know something.
It seems that there are only 3 small farms in here, and there are almost no dwarfs working there. It is propably caused by the dwarfs having almost random tasks. Dividing all dwarfs into few large groups with difrent groups of jobs should help a bit.
We need some more farms, but I don't know where to build them yet..

Slate:

New dwarfs arrived today. I don't know if it's good or bad in this situation.

Two miners that were diging the channels at the Failpump and fell few floors down because they were digging directly downwards have died because of the infection. This means 2 things:
1) They won't dig downwards anymore.
2) We need soap.

Since we have no yarn, Filthywalrus went berserk. He was quickly killed by the military and caused no damage.

Felsite:
An elven caravan has arrived. They had no yarn.
Failpump's reactor is a bit tricky when it gets to stopping it. The easiest way to do so is by draining it. Which means that the water needs to get somewhere else. Fortunatelly, there is a staircase leading to the Ocean of Ooze, close enough to the reactor. Unfortunatelly, one of the beasts from the Ocean has climbed on the staircase and since it was in contact with the ooze it's pretty rotten. I've ordered the military to wait outside the tunnel and told one of the miners to dig trough the wall between the drainage tunnel and the staircase.

That was a quite short fight. As soon as the wall was digged trough, the beast has entered the drainage tunnel. So did the military. But, since the beast was pretty rotten, they were all fighting surrounded by the miasma so dense that no one was able to see anything. After a few minutes dwarfs left the miasma-filled tunnel. I've ordered a wall to be built in there, so no beasts will ever get trough.

Hematite:
Since our walls aren't magma-safe yet, I have ordered the dwarfs to make them higher. It should also help our defences a bit.

Malachite:

Cheese is acting strange. He stopped talking at all and sits in the forge drawing pictures of stuff. I hope he will make something usefull from these things.
New migrants arried. More hands to work are apreciated.

Galena:

A boot? You've made a single boot? Okay...

Another goblin army got caught in our traps. I have no idea what to do with them.

Limestone:
I hava a plan to get some wood from one of the caves. I'm currently preparing a room for the wood to be stored.

Sandstone:
More dwarfs. We need a big farm if we don't want to starve.

Another beast. Why do they even come here?

Some child stopped talking and draws pictures of things. We're going to get a new useless piece of junk.

One of the Forgoten Beasts, Migur, got inside our fortress. Seals killed it, but I have no idea how did he got inside.
Turns out the child that started drawing stuff wants some yarn. Since I never saw a piece of yarn cloth in this fort, I don't think he will stay sane for too long.

Timber:

A group of zombie buzzards has arrived to the Failcannon. Since they made everyone stop working and run away from them, I've ordered military to shoot them down immediatelly.
2 snatchers got caught in our traps. I hope this don't mean another siege will be soon.
A caravan from Dastot Cog has arrived. We're opening the gates for them.
Merchants died in the ambush, as well as some of the dwarfs I've sent to rescue them.
I hate goblins.

Moonstone:

The silent child has went crazy. Fortunatelly, he just started to walk slowly around.

Opal:

The farm I've designed few months ago is finally done, so we won't starve to death. Yet.

Also, I've decided to make a tree farm, so we won't have to gather it in the caves.

Obsidian:

The silent child who went crazy has died from thirst. He will be missed.

My turn is finally over. I'm so tired. Save here.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:11 pm »

...All right, that's it. I'm totally remaking my cage mechanism once my turn rolls around, so it would be awesome if someone made a shitload of traps for that. Also, what are we going to do with all those goblins?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:51:09 pm by Dariush »

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 04, 2011, 01:04:20 pm »

what are we going with all those goblins?

Goblins V.S FBs
No items
final destination

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 04, 2011, 01:16:51 pm »

Tis the eternal question what to do with the goblin pow's.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 04, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »

too bad we couldn't put them to work in labor camps. that would be useful. kinda.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 04, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »

too bad we couldn't put them to work in labor camps. that would be useful. kinda.
IIRC Toady scheduled this feature for DF 0.56.01.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 04, 2011, 01:52:42 pm »

Isn't slavery a capital offense to the dwarven civ?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

not to goblins i think
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 189