Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900582 times)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1545 on: August 08, 2011, 12:48:05 am »

Well lets look at what my dwarf's done - He's avoided the tantrum spiral, helped kill the rebels in the succession war and gotten the mayor branded as a traitor who's probably going to die the moment the migrants get inside - Anyone still think he's not a genius puppetmaster? Or that he actually died?

I think he disguised himself as a goblin bone block wall and is just waiting for an opportunity to surreptitiously insinuate himself in a group of migrants.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 08, 2011, 02:20:35 am »

he already did that.  He's now That Other Aussie Dwarf and a part of the three new migrants.  I've got 5 uristBucks that say he kills Catalyst before the other migrants can.  Or, that he's nowhere near Catalyst when he gets killed by one of the other migrants.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:00 am »

he already did that.  He's now That Other Aussie Dwarf and a part of the three new migrants.  I've got 5 uristBucks that say he kills Catalyst before the other migrants can.  Or, that he's nowhere near Catalyst when he gets killed by one of the other migrants.

No, see, he took those 5 Urist to temporarily swap identities with another migrant, so he can kill Catalyst while it only seems like he's hunting for socks. He's devious like that.

And when the rebellion is quelled, he will manipulate matters so that Failcannon will become the capital, and then silently murder and dispose of the king/queen when they arrive, so he can assume their identity and rule what's left of Dwarvenkind.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:57 am »

Led's dead, baby.

Also undead.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:47 am »

So basically; all that's left in the way of That Aussie Dwarf seizing the fort and taking over the dwarven realm is Catalyst, a dwarven traitor already marked for death? Interesting...

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 08, 2011, 10:06:25 am »

considering that dwarfs should die via none-direct means then itll work. if he goes and sticks a knife in them then it wont.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 08, 2011, 02:40:18 pm »

So basically; all that's left in the way of That Aussie Dwarf seizing the fort and taking over the dwarven realm is Catalyst, a dwarven traitor already marked for death? Interesting...

Well, Catalyst, and the incredibly dangerous DuckThatQuacks who cut one of the fortress heroes in half with a single blow from his axe, and is currently wrestling two trolls and WINNING.  Don't forget about him.

Led's dead, baby.

I wondered how long til someone made that joke.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 08, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »

Say... I thought of a coupple Aloys that we could add: White gold, Green Gold, and Mokume-gane, or Burl Metal.
How Feasable do you think this would be?

No Mokume-gane studding of course...

P.S.: By the way, if a rewind is agreed on when this fort ends, I have a save we can use right here. I took year 2 from Battlefailed and replaced the raw file with the one from the latest Failcannon save.

Oh, as for the value multiplier I was thinking 500.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 08, 2011, 03:36:56 pm »

Say... I thought of a coupple Aloys that we could add: White gold, Green Gold, and Mokume-gane, or Burl Metal.

P.S.: By the way, if a rewind is agreed on when this fort ends, I have a save we can use right here. I took year 2 from Battlefailed and replaced the raw file with the one from the latest Failcannon save.

I was thinking that Failcannon is having enough problems on its own without having to worry about coloured gold (which would be purely decorative, and you know will be mandated by some noble as soon as it's implemented) or obscure types of Japanese metal that would require every type of metal ore other than iron and adamantine to create, and with a value multiplier twice as high as raw adamantine.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:38:34 pm by Strategia »

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 08, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

I was thinking that Failcannon is having enough problems on its own without having to worry about coloured gold (which would be purely decorative, and you know will be mandated by some noble as soon as it's implemented) or obscure types of Japanese metal that would require every type of metal ore other than iron and adamantine to create, and with a value multiplier twice as high as raw adamantine.

What? It dosent exist at all in game yet. Hence the high value. And now that I think about it White Gold might allready exist under another name. And you could just impliment them in steps... Mabay If we rewind time. It's just a segestion anyway.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:37:43 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 08, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »

Well, Catalyst, and the incredibly dangerous DuckThatQuacks who cut one of the fortress heroes in half with a single blow from his axe, and is currently wrestling two trolls and WINNING.  Don't forget about him.

That might a bit of a challenge.  Sigh.  Brilliant schemes can never be simple, can they?   There's always a psychotic dwarf in your way.

What? It dosent exist at all in game yet. Hence the high value. And now that I think about it White Gold might allready exist under another name. And you could just impliment them in steps... Mabay If we rewind time. It's just a segestion anyway.

Dwarves are monogamous creatures and love only the deep metal that is Adamantine.  They just say they like others to get them into bed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:59:07 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 08, 2011, 10:10:59 pm »

Journal of Catalyst, Elven Studies Major

I am not myself.

In rare moments of lucidity, when I am able to wrest control of my body from the demon queen, I record the happenings in this fort in this journal.  It is my sole comfort, here in my lonely tower overlooking a poisoned, frigid sea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I first broke free of the Queen's will, I immediately locked myself in my tower room.  It is my only remaining hope to save the others.  I will die of thirst soon, I imagine.  All our hopes rest on Katsuun. And those hopes are growing fainter by the day.

I was awakened tonight by the crushing waves of his anguish.  It seems DuckThatQuacks grew bored of pummeling the trolls, while I was not myself, and wandered to Katsuun's bed to deliver him a vicious beating.  Oh the horror... it lasted hours.

I managed to steer Duck back towards his intended targets, but Katsuun lies broken and suffering.  I think he will recover, given time, but whether he is able to care for himself in the meantime...  It does not look good.

As a result, I have gently prodded the minds of the dwarves trapped outside. Mormota II has armed himself with the same adamantine battleax arcangelsd was reclining upon when I first arrived, and they have begun the process of tunneling through the wall into the fort.  Perhaps they can do what is needed.

Just as I steered him away however, I heard a great crash from outside my tower. 

Oh Armok help me, no... It's happening.  I feel her, like hands closing my throat!  No, noooooo... *the rest of the page is covered in wild lines, splashes of ink, and babbling frantically scrawled gibberish in no mortal tongue.*

Journal of Catalyst, Elven Studies Major

We did it! That Other Aussie Dwarf is too lazy to do anything else he's asked, but he, finally, of all the dwarves in this fort, managed to pull that damn lever and dump Ledi in the sea!  Bizarrely, I can still hear her thoughts echoing in the deep... she seems to be sustained by the same demonic energy that corrupted her.  I shudder to think of it.

The migrants are hard at work setting up this tower into a viable safehouse, and oh, I wish so fondly I could open that door and join them.  But I have explained to them that they mustn't let me out.  Soon, this fortress may be theirs. 

I have unleashed Duck once more, now that they are safe, and it seems she has also taken unnatural strength from Led.  She cracked the skulls of both trolls in short order, then immediately set off after Dirku!

On and on they fought, ascending upward through the battlements of Failcannon, fighting upon the tower of doors!

...which may have been a poor decision on Duck's part.  But, she was unfazed!  Immediately, she charged to the fore, once again... only to faint halfway there, as the unnatural strength left her.  Dirku, meanwhile, set to work dismantling the tower of doors, looking somewhat the worse for wear.

Hearing the anguished cries of its kin, another ancient horror began to stir deep in the caverns... far from us, thankfully.

Duck lies there peacefully asleep now.  I will let this report on her current state speak for itself.

-----

What ... in blazes?!

Somehow, Led seems to have freed me from my room.  I woke to find myself STANDING ON THE OUTER WALLS of Failcannon.

On my way to lock myself back in, the Queen compelled me to lash out at a passing Aussie Dwarf, but he had the good sense to jump away.  I was starving, and could not resist snagging a few barrels of food for myself on the way back.  The newcomers would have plenty - not only had Mormota secured a new passage to the underground, but a human caravan had just arrived!  Even if the guards cannot fight off the beast, I have no doubt they will drop plenty of delicious provisions for us.

Speaking of which... ever since this whole possession thing, occassionally I have the _strangest_ cravings

In other news, I seem to have managed to strike That Aussie Dwarf again, and infect him. Well, at least I am not the only one slowly starving in my room now.  Ledi finally drowned, and Dirku for now remains content to keep tearing apart the doors.  One of the caravan guards started taking potshots at it, and soon, it fell!  Dirku's blood now decorates the Tower of Doors!  I'll have to have someone set up a butcher's shop - we'll eat well for some time now.

Now that the fortress is safe again, I've claimed the whole of the western tower for myself.  The others will do fine with the whole of Failcannon at their disposal.  All three of them - Mormota, the badly-injured Katsuun, and Erica.  Now to simply let Aussie, Duck, and myself die.

-----------

We're halfway there!  And only one death this time, too!  And that was Ledi, who was long overdue for it anyway.  Unfortunate about Katsuun's injuries and Aussie's conversion, but aside from that I think we are truly free and clear of all this madness!

This particular episode of it, I mean.  Now, the challenge shall be trying to keep Failcannon alive and well with just 2 able-bodied dwarves.  I've appointed Erica the Chief Medical Dwarf - Katsuun has a little skill, but obviously he can't treat himself.  So... let's hope for the best.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:37:36 pm by CatalystParadox »
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 08, 2011, 10:17:33 pm »

So I'm now a traitor to the dwarf civ too?  Who the hell recognised my dwarf?  They don't know what he did, or how many kittens were involved, let alone how i got that much magma into such a confined and mewling space.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 08, 2011, 11:09:46 pm »

No matter how much abuse the world throws at it, Failcannon still stands. A bit worse for wear, of course, but nonetheless alive and (somewhat) well.

Now keep everyone inside and underground, and wait for more migrants to show up. This lumbering beast we call a fortress may yet become as vibrant as it once was. (besides, I have some Fun ideas I want to try should my turn come up)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: And then there were two (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1559 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:04 am »

Alas, Ledi is dead. Bring on the next Ledi!

...if migrants ever come to this hellhole ever again. XD Someone HAS to eventually come in to look after the kittens.

Think of the kittens, who will think of the kittens?!
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 189