Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 895760 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: And then there were two (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1605 on: August 11, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 11, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

In other words, business as usual in Failcannon.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »

In other words, business as usual in Failcannon Dwarf Fortress.

Fixed.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 11, 2011, 11:55:56 pm »

This is awesome, Catalyst, you've done it.  Failcannon has weathered another storm and survived!  Now let's hope Stuzang doesn't pay a visit.

If he does, I'll probably die from laughing. It seems like nothing can destroy this fort and if the beast that destroyed Battlefailed shows up, I think this fort could take it.

Plus, it would be the first time I heard of a fort avenging another fort's death. Honestly, win or lose Stuzang's return would be a defining moment of awesome for the game as a whole.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 12, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »

Dead already? Hah.
I was expecting that they'd already been quarantined by way of burrows though...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 12, 2011, 01:45:02 pm »

Dead already? Hah.
I was expecting that they'd already been quarantined by way of burrows though...

The dwarves have been bad about respecting burrows.  I've been using them extensively to control the dwarves movements as much as I have, but they can't really be relied upon as absolutes.  Also, Erica got affected by the cascade when she was CARRYING a loyal dwarf.  The ensuing tragedy was very much the expected result.  That Katsuun would then get up again and manage to kill Erica?  That was somewhat less expected.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 12, 2011, 04:06:37 pm »

Journal of Mormota II

The caravan master is mad! He keeps speaking of great riches awaiting us if we reach FailCannon. More money and splendour than even of GraspedSeduce before it fell. I was hired, along with nine others, to keep the caravan safe on the journey. My promised payment? Right to settle in FailCannon and have wants no longer. Of those nine, only one is still alive. His name is Dagger. Ironically, he's using a steel battle axe, but by Armok! he's doing a mighty fine job at it! In the last attack he managed to hold a bronze colossus off while I could flank it and lop its head off. That attack cost us eight lives, and another wagon full of supplies. We tried to distribute some of it, but the traders won't have that. They refuse to carry anything.

I don't know if we'll ever get there alive. Hopes seem to diminish with every passing day. I don't even know why I started writing this diary. At this rate, all of us will be dead before reaching any civilised place.

OOC: Dagger = Urist.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:01 pm »

Mormota, why are you journaling about a migrant?  You have a living dwarf in the fortress.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:36:34 pm by CatalystParadox »

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 12, 2011, 05:21:18 pm »

I'm making the story of my dwarf. In case you haven't noticed, I started with the epilogue - the death of him. Now we're back to how it all started. Well, not the very start, hence the in medias res beginning. But it IS my current dwarf. Just a little back in time. It also allows me not to have to do constant Ass Pulls and prepare my character a bit for the happenings in the fort.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 12, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Ah, I see.  I just wanted to make sure I hadn't left you with the wrong idea about your Dorf's status.

I'll now look for ways to repurpose this post and the previous to something amusing.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:35:08 pm by CatalystParadox »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 12, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »

I see... Loyalty cascades really are FUN, aren't they?

I once lost a kobold cave i made to one. It was aweful hilarious! The bronze golem i brought with us was deemed an enemy and started murdering everyone!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 13, 2011, 11:48:23 pm »

It's all quiet at Battlefailed, it seems.  That's never a good sign.  It means something's lurking down in the Caverns and hungering for fresh dwarf.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 14, 2011, 12:20:23 am »

It's all quiet at Battlefailed, it seems.  That's never a good sign.  It means something's lurking down in the Caverns and hungering for fresh dwarf.

That's the FB civ in the Lake of Goo (Gzzmshn Hnflkb, "The Blurry Riches of Smiting"), nothing to worry about, they're just a fixture. It's the megabeast Real Life laying siege to the fortress that's the real cause of trouble.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 14, 2011, 12:21:29 am »

Wait, do we still have a forgotten beast community in the Eldritch Waters?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 14, 2011, 03:15:00 am »

If we do indeed have a civilisation of Forgotten Beasts under our feet, rest assured, it is not our main concern. Which might not be a good sign, coming to think of it.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 189