Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 908245 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2160 on: October 06, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What was that you said about surviving your turn?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 06, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »

I... well... I said I wouldn't intentionally kill the fort... I certainly locked all the doors to her cell, sealed any old passageways nearby with walls and the like. I just now deleted the 'safe house' burrow (catalyst is the only one assigned to ANY burrows either way, this restricts her activity to her own cell while off-duty.)

I don't know who unlocked the door to her cell, but she has been recaptured. She was the only one to take injuries during the event, suffering many bolts from the ranger squad to various body parts. My guess is she'll die of infection some day. Nobody else has thus far suffered allegiance alterations.

Many of the other dwarves tried to store/retrieve items from her stockpiles. Took forever to sort that out while still having her path to the cell. Scaraban made off with one of her longland grass seed roasts, and the other militia members picked up/tried to store some of their gear because I had stationed them (quite far from the path to her cell) to get them out of her way and prevent any fighting. It actually was quite difficult to accomplish...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:14:26 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 06, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »

Crud, I've gotta be on my feet to catch a migrant if they keep coming one at a time. Very lucky how the Catalyst occurrence turned out. Let us hope no loyalty issues pop up, as Fun as that likely was.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 06, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »

Haha!  Take this, Catalyst!  My +bolts+ will pierce your flesh!  Wait, are you... ignoring me?  You're in a meeting?  While I'm in the process of pincushioning you?
Okay then.  Hope you die of gangrene, or whatever.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »

Luckily it wasn't actually very Fun. The rangers got chances to take pot shots at her when they spotted her, but didn't switch allegiances and other than that there was no combat. She and Scaraban had a close encounter though as he was coming up a ramp back to the fort after stealing one of her roasts for his lunch. They wandered back and forth for a while before she eventually fled in the direction of her cell, whereupon she entered and was locked inside. The walls I designated at the doorway are being suspended, probably whenever they spot her through the windows... Only announcements I'm getting though are of Catalyst wanting her damn clothes back that she left out there. I only managed to find and forbid a couple items of hers.

Before all of this happened, she forbid the export of swordfish bone...

Also; anyone desire to have all the contaminants around the fort (blood, vomit, mud, the like) cleaned up with DFhack?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:00:58 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 06, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

It makes perfect sense that I would be the one to get a roast from her. Apparently no one thought it important to mention that I was walking into the treasonous mayor's quarters.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 06, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »

Also; anyone desire to have all the contaminants around the fort (blood, vomit, mud, the like) cleaned up with DFhack?

Nope. They are features. =D
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 06, 2011, 05:50:27 pm »

It wouldn't get rid of the mud anyway.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 06, 2011, 06:44:45 pm »

No. Better idea: modify the raws so that blood and vomit can be made into building material. Our fortress shall be made of bone, blood, and vomit!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 06, 2011, 06:53:58 pm »

I may look into that, but I don't think dwarves can actually pick up blood or vomit contaminants as they aren't actual items. I'm pretty sure just about every non-edible body material has been going into the blocks we've made (kobold muscle anyone?), so blood and vomit would have most likely shown up if at all possible. However, I could engineer a reaction that requires no reagents but produces a bucket full of dwarf blood, supposedly taken from the dwarf, and then a reaction that transfers blood from a bucket into blocks (of blood.) Unfortunately they would likely just melt into a puddle on the floor at room temperature, and I may not be able to change that besides making all blood solid, or generating a new world with a congealed blood material...

In better news, We have more migrants on 1st Galena, late summer. I suppose this high master metal crafter would be acceptable for you, Kirbypowered? Any specific name?

I probably won't be posting an actual update until tomorrow sometime, though.

Err, about those migrants; they've arrived on the south-east edge of the map, isolated by the bridges at the trade entrance. Now, where is the lever(s) that operate these?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:15:58 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 06, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »

Redorf me as Deathsword III, if there's any available dorf. Don't care wich. Draft me into the military, no weapons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 06, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »

I may look into that, but I don't think dwarves can actually pick up blood or vomit contaminants as they aren't actual items. I'm pretty sure just about every non-edible body material has been going into the blocks we've made (kobold muscle anyone?), so blood and vomit would have most likely shown up if at all possible. However, I could engineer a reaction that requires no reagents but produces a bucket full of dwarf blood, supposedly taken from the dwarf, and then a reaction that transfers blood from a bucket into blocks (of blood.) Unfortunately they would likely just melt into a puddle on the floor at room temperature, and I may not be able to change that besides making all blood solid, or generating a new world with a congealed blood material...

So the obvious thing to do is to do all of this for Battlefailed III and make a fortress entirely out of once-living materials. Bones, muscle, blood, vomit, ooze, etc.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 06, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »

Redorf me as Deathsword III, if there's any available dorf. Don't care wich. Draft me into the military, no weapons.

Can do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So the obvious thing to do is to do all of this for Battlefailed III and make a fortress entirely out of once-living materials. Bones, muscle, blood, vomit, ooze, etc.

I concur. Whenever this goes horribly wrong and a new world is generated (out of necessity) we will have the chance to implement all of the changes we desire to make it a true successor to Battlefailed.
I make Spellcrafts!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 06, 2011, 08:36:13 pm »

And part of that is making structural components out of every type of tissue available.

I think for Battlefailed III we'll need to actually make a dwarf statue out of body part blocks.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 06, 2011, 08:39:15 pm »

Gah! Urist your new avatar hurts the eyes *clutches head*

And nothing bad happened because it wasn't Catalyst's Time yet.  Trust me.  When the fort finally goes to pot and she escapes properly;  IT WILL BE GLORIOUS AND HILARIOUS.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189