Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906390 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2205 on: October 07, 2011, 07:23:08 pm »

Spoiler: raving mad man speak (click to show/hide)
Heh, not a bad idea that. I was considering creating a power amplification station to supposedly permit the dead to possess more power, but your emitter actually would work. But we will also need more power flowing into it. Perhaps that could be arranged at a later date.

In the meantime, we got more migrants! Need to let them in, so they'll have to deconstruct a wall since I can't figure out the operation of the main gate.

Also, I don't think I'll need a lawyer. Was thinking of going back to the clerk with proof of insurance and see if the trial is automatically cancelled, actually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 07, 2011, 08:05:10 pm »

Spoiler: raving mad man speak (click to show/hide)
Heh, not a bad idea that. I was considering creating a power amplification station to supposedly permit the dead to possess more power, but your emitter actually would work. But we will also need more power flowing into it. Perhaps that could be arranged at a later date.

In the meantime, we got more migrants! Need to let them in, so they'll have to deconstruct a wall since I can't figure out the operation of the main gate.

Also, I don't think I'll need a lawyer. Was thinking of going back to the clerk with proof of insurance and see if the trial is automatically cancelled, actually.

Raving mad man? Thanks? xD
The lever that opens the orthoclase outside gates is just by the right side of the depot, at a corner!

Also, luck with your court trial!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:12:21 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 07, 2011, 08:32:11 pm »

The lever that opens the orthoclase outside gates is just by the right side of the depot, at a corner!

Thanks. That wasn't necessarily raving mad man speak i suppose, since it is as true as fiction can be. It was difficult to understand though.

The dwarves aren't necessarily keen on operating the levers, unfortunately.

We still have two new migrants. I would say it fair they're available to anyone who hasn't died this year or currently has a dwarf... A woodcutter, ordered to do all woodworking and burial and furniture hauling, and a mason doing all stoneworking duties and no hauling.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:44:21 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The funny part is that these were originally bedrooms.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 07, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »

Hahaha yes.
Although if one thinks about it, they really are bedrooms, even now. Bedrooms for the Palace of the Dead.

By the way, Urist, did you ever check out those mods I uploaded? You were the first to respond and show interest, after all, but you never returned with any feedback... I'm asking because I'm considering what I'll need for the next update to them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:20:13 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The funny part is that these were originally bedrooms.

Well at least Dwarves are still getting some rest in them *rimshot*

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »

So, we're finally going to turn tipsy turvy, or have I been reading the posts wrong?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »

Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?

You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.

... bring my pants.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 07, 2011, 11:01:23 pm »

Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?

You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.

... bring my pants.

Only in Bay12 would this post be considered "normal".

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 07, 2011, 11:06:18 pm »

I would like to be dorfed as the new Mason, named Sinclair if possible.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 08, 2011, 01:53:06 am »

So, we're finally going to turn tipsy turvy, or have I been reading the posts wrong?
I would have to say you've been misunderstanding the posts, yes. You see, in Failcannon tragedy does not directly correlate to closeness of our demise. However, the boldness of megaprojects may...
I still say the STFO is so much of a deathtrap that it's less dwarfy than it is suicidally masochistic...
At least mine doesn't passively kill dwarves within a 15 square radius of it's center(s) You have to pull the lever, and it occurs only once ignoring the ghosts. :P

The population has actually increased by three so far, regardless. Darvi and arcangelsd were both acceptable losses in the grand scheme of things. May their spirits, and the spirits of the bodies they may or may not have possessed, wander the halls eternally. And not be angry with me...

I would like to be dorfed as the new Mason, named Sinclair if possible.
Got it. Wouldn't happen to be the second or third rendition, would it?
_______
Nothing much has actually happened since the update, unless you want me to start counting coffins erected/destroyed, bodies not yet re-interred, tiles mined, number of times Catalyst has complained about her missing sock and shoes or whatever she wants (she does have her pants, thank Armok.) or other such things.
Oh, I suppose it is worth noting that DuckThatQuacks (maniacally...) has gone and hidden a stack of 25 or so bronze bolts off the ancient corpse of a human pack animal. One can only hope their ethereal efforts to deal with the trash are as permanent and fps-saving as atom smashing or burning it...
And I changed the note on the main gate's lever to reflect more heavily upon the fact that this thing operates the main gates.

I am retiring for the night, though, having spent the last 2-3 hours on the TES:CS trying to make a decent Oblivion mod, only to be utterly enraged with the crash rate of the CS. If the editor for the new engine and the engine itself aren't 100% more stable then I will have to file a lawsuit as compensation for lost time, energy, and severe emotional trauma.
Spoiler: RAGE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:57:00 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 08, 2011, 07:13:24 am »

Thanks. That wasn't necessarily raving mad man speak i suppose, since it is as true as fiction can be. It was difficult to understand though.

I just reread my post. I now know why it does look like a raving mad man ramblings. I feel sorry for that (I'm kind of a correct-writingness(¿?) xD nazi) I'm sorry for that xD

The STFO is all cool, brothers, is ALL cool. Even its side effects are cool! Given that is has thrown 5 dwarves to the sea and killed 4, it has effectiveness of 80%. For a simple sinkhole, I'd call it another victory for dwarven deadly engineering!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 08, 2011, 07:40:23 am »

Goddammit, I designed the STFO to be used as an entrance, not as a deathtrap!

Well, as a deathtrap too, but for the invaders, not for the dorfs, damn it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 08, 2011, 07:57:09 am »

This is Dwarf Fortress.  Anything we build can and will kill a fortress in the right circumstances

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 08, 2011, 08:31:01 am »

This is Dwarf Fortress.  Anything we build can and will kill a fortress in the right circumstances

This is Failcannon. Everything is EXPECTED to fail. 'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:29:58 pm by arcangelsd »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 189