Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 885268 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2310 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:06 pm »

I pulled it and nothing happened. I am sad.

On other news: I can't find the big red button, so I made the Faillever instead. It should activate the Failday Device (formerly called S-GES). It also ensures the operator will be killed shortly after pulling.

EDIT: One, and just one, migrant has arrived. Welcome home Andreus XIII, The Endless.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:56:48 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:56 pm »

sorry, it's in the control room under the trade depot and a little to the left. Probably should have included that in the exit note...

Here, i can get a screenshot with the minimap and z-level included, use that to help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heh. Clearly the other migrants will arrive later this year. Just waylaid by skelks is all :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:03:06 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 11, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

It's already linked, I assume?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:38 pm »

The upper catacombs (west of that and down a few stories) is, but you'll have to link the upperLOWER catacombs once all the channeling is done. There is a support near the staircase in the center. It's also linked to many other things, all of which I presume are methods to kill off half the fortress or crash your game. I was serious about chopping up that collapse as much as possible; the less material that actually collapses the happier whatever poor bastard of a processor has to calculate it all will be. The bare minimum is enough to destroy every coffin, but watch out not to chop it up in such a way that the entirety of that middle story - the empty space where the support is - is collapsed as well. The center ring around the staircase over the slabs will have to be collapsed almost completely to get all of them.

And remember diagonals don't support structures! I always forget that and collapse things early or try to channel out every last diagonal just to be sure it will work :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:23:13 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 11, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »

currently linking the last lever and filling up all tiles that will collapse on the upper catacombs with coffins.

still digging out the big one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 11, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »

The FUCK lever was actually linked to the little bridge that closed off access to the STFO. The name is an acronym, btw.  :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 11, 2011, 01:23:56 pm »

I would suggest channeling all the space on the third story (the one that will collapse) that mimics the walls below, leaving the 2x3 rooms and hallways to collapse. that should cut it down by roughly 1/5.
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:54 pm »

From an engraving in the Failcannon tombs:

...decided to call the project "Failday Device". A dwarf named Andreus has arrived, claims to have been here before. I find that unlikely, the few that leave Failcannon never return.

In an emergency [such as the total obliteration of our fort (as unlikely as that sounds)] the Faillever is to be pulled, initiating Failday and, according to Andreus, causing a cataclysm that "will change all universes forever". I don't actually believe in that, but it helps keep us busy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 11, 2011, 01:34:00 pm »

I drew a pretty picture of what this should look like:

Errr... Amended view:    The old notes still apply!

Those black areas don't need dug because they will be cut off from everything else, but make sure there's nothing under them or the channeled spaces either so nothing is missed.
Fill in that big empty area with floors and let it collapse. It will give the FB's a route to the fort, and then to the surface :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:13:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 11, 2011, 03:41:17 pm »

EDIT 2: Breaking news! While looking at notes to find the Failday lever, I found this:

I pulled it and nothing happened. I am sad.

Is the lever attached to the electrum bridge from which I threw your previous incarnation to the STFO.
I didn't know that it was also rigged to the entrance to the STFO. I just found it, doing nothing there, and used it.
Now, it explains why that damn bridge was always flinging people around ¬¬ xD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 11, 2011, 05:49:16 pm »

I cannot possibly let a group-write happen without insisting that I be allowed to dip my pen.

Also, I hereby insist that we conscript such greats as Andreus and Seth.
I'd really like to contribute to the writing, but sadly my writing skills are subpar. But I'd really love to draw something about Failcannon, so if anything needs to be drawn, I volunteer!

I would like to see an artistic rendition of Stuzag, Battlefailed's pet.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:18 pm »

I cannot possibly let a group-write happen without insisting that I be allowed to dip my pen.

Also, I hereby insist that we conscript such greats as Andreus and Seth.
I'd really like to contribute to the writing, but sadly my writing skills are subpar. But I'd really love to draw something about Failcannon, so if anything needs to be drawn, I volunteer!
I would like to see an artistic rendition of Stuzag, Battlefailed's pet.

There goes my big mouth (¿?). Sorry if weird, but I'm falling asleep. Stuzang, huh? I'll search for its descrition and draw it tomorrow.

Stoneflys are just weird.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:50:33 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 11, 2011, 07:35:09 pm »

Another doomsday plan: Hook up the doomsday lever to supports that will cause cave-ins and unite Failcannon and Battlefailed when the universe dies. If I remember correctly, someone made a passageway to the Ocean of Slime around 30 pages ago.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:48 pm »

Another doomsday plan: Hook up the doomsday lever to supports that will cause cave-ins and unite Failcannon and Battlefailed when the universe dies. If I remember correctly, someone made a passageway to the Ocean of Slime around 30 pages ago.

But first, build an exact replica of Battlefailed underneath Failcannon. Attract Stuzang to the fort.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 11, 2011, 09:29:26 pm »

Why build an exact replica when the original fortress is close-by?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 189