Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 900535 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2400 on: October 17, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »

The reason being that a full tour would drive any viewers to madness or alcohol.
Or even worse: SOBERNESS (Random caps are not included)
They need to be introduced to the insanity gradually. Otherwise they may go Stark Raving Mad instead of just not caring about anything anymore.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 17, 2011, 07:07:00 pm »

The reason being that a full tour would drive any viewers to madness or alcohol.
Or even worse: SOBERNESS (Random caps are not included)
They need to be introduced to the insanity gradually. Otherwise they may go Stark Raving Mad instead of just not caring about anything anymore.
Random Viewer cancels View Tour of FailCannon: Cannot Find Sanity.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:23 am »

...Hey though, here's a thought. Can't you add some of the characters and gods to the symbols for the next world. This way they would appear as engravings.

Yes, actually. Very similar to the Cacame Descriptor Shape, and very easily done, if you just check out the current descriptor_shape.txt and make a copy (renamed both per the file name and the title at the head of the document) including shapes you want. For example; I made a descriptor group that made 'poetry,' 'legends,' 'myths' and other such writings that appear as engravings and national symbols from time to time. Even though you can't read them.

Dwarven poetry would likely make even the most hardened overseer's head explode in terror, let alone a novice...

It's too bad that deities aren't in the raws yet. I remember reading somewhere (one of the QA session of FotF) that eventually deities will be able to be put in raws, kind of like how you can add custom Night Creatures in addition to the random ones.

It would be cool, if we could bring the deities from this world to the next...

Lur, Led and Ura as megabeasts?

And also possible and not overtly complicated, should the Failcannon audience and participants vouch for it (there ought be a pole for each raw change we may wish to include.)
You would have no way of enforcing a population restriction of 1 each, though. They'd be populated per the formula for every other beast.
We could make fanciful beasts with pref-strings though, to appear in engravings similar to a descriptor shape.

And I would agree that we don't want any youtube viewers to spontaneously combust in their seats. The world may not know who to sue in such a situation... DF could be put down overnight and we may end up in jail on the whims of nobles and peasants alike!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:36:04 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:04 am »

So... is the fort still alive?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 18, 2011, 10:19:46 am »

Probably. The lack of definitive news has been unnerving, but then again he hasn't specifically stated that he managed to kill everyone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49:08 am »

Still going. Just slow and nothing notable except for a mule that kicked a zombie buzzard to death
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kitkun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 18, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »

Just read Battlefailed and I come to find FailCannon is getting towards triple the length and still going?  :o

So... not having read the thing, could I get a dorf? (Just any)  :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 18, 2011, 01:58:57 pm »

As soon as we get more migrants (IF we get more migrants)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:31 pm »

Just read Battlefailed and I come to find FailCannon is getting towards triple the length and still going?  :o

So... not having read the thing, could I get a dorf? (Just any)  :P

Having not read the thing... you have no idea.  You are not prepared.  You couldn't possibly be prepared.

I read both threads.  I re-read them.  I studied.  I trained for my moment.  I prepared.

I was not ready.

I hope you enjoy your coming doom.  I know we will.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 18, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »

I hope you enjoy your coming doom.  I know we will.

I'll be sigging that, if you don't mind.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 18, 2011, 02:34:16 pm »

From an engraving in Failcannon's Collapsed Tombs

A vile force of darkness has arrived! Goblins are attacking! Well, they would be, if they knew how to climb walls. I wonder why Led keeps sending idiots after us.

FPS dropped to 7. Goblin macemen and pikemen siege. No ranged, no trolls. Things keep on as normal in Failcannon

EDIT: scratch that, there are trolls.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:39:42 pm by Deathsword »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 18, 2011, 03:11:50 pm »

My second sig!  I'm so flattered.

Speaking of which, I just noticed my Dorf got a mention in a turn summary on the OP.  Guys... thank you so much.  You've taken my character and embraced her as a feature of this LEGENDARY fort you've all made, and I am so proud.  When I signed up hoping to be a small part of the epicness I... never dreamed. 

It's immensely gratifying to see other people liked the character I created enough to make her a part of their own stories.  Soon I'll be hanging around with Andreus or something :P   Thank you.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 18, 2011, 04:25:18 pm »

And I'm happy to be the one who managed to kill the most favored dorfs.

Also, it's more like Andreus' ethereal form is stalking you. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 18, 2011, 04:25:59 pm »

And I'm happy to be the one who managed to kill the most favored dorfs.

Also, it's more like Andreus' ethereal form is stalking you. :P

Eternal Besties?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 18, 2011, 04:49:55 pm »

FPS dropped to 7. Goblin macemen and pikemen siege. No ranged, no trolls. Things keep on as normal in Failcannon

EDIT: scratch that, there are trolls.

Are they still going to the House at the North?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 189