Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 896463 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2445 on: October 23, 2011, 07:47:13 am »

still in summer, low FPS isn't helping
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:59 am »

Low FPS: The one thing deadlier than the HFS.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 23, 2011, 06:50:15 pm »

The HFS is deadly?  Nobody told me... *whistles nonchalantly*

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 23, 2011, 07:06:27 pm »

The HFS is deadly?  Nobody told me... *whistles nonchalantly*

Oh you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 23, 2011, 07:08:48 pm »

I would look forward to your turn with Failcannon, Aussie, but you haven't taken a place on the list yet.

Not like this fort, or any other succession fort so labyrinthine, could EVER afford to have an open passage to hell, though. Even if your plans defeated the first wave, you'd have to seal it off because that slow trickle of demons would inevitably be ignored by one player, perhaps just by a passage not being properly blocked or trapped, and suddenly the end would arrive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 23, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »

I would look forward to your turn with Failcannon, Aussie, but you haven't taken a place on the list yet.

Not like this fort, or any other succession fort so labyrinthine, could EVER afford to have an open passage to hell, though. Even if your plans defeated the first wave, you'd have to seal it off because that slow trickle of demons would inevitably be ignored by one player, perhaps just by a passage not being properly blocked or trapped, and suddenly the end would arrive.

The thing is, we already have a slow trickle of demons. Have you met Andreus III-XIII yet?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 23, 2011, 07:30:24 pm »

Actually, that's incorrect.  After the first wave, they spawn on the map edge in groups of 3-5 and rarely roam from where they spawn (though one of the fliers might rarely make it to the breaching point on their own, I must admit)

And I don't really have time to run a year of Failcannon.  I'm busy with my own fortress of madness at the moment.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Ok, why the hell not? Sign me up for a turn, if the fortress doesn't die by the time my turn comes up. If it does, I'll start Battlefailed III in Eric's regen. I have a story idea worked out, too.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 23, 2011, 07:39:13 pm »

Note that that regen has NONE of the things that people have asked for. Pure vanilla. Not to mention we'd want it genned in the new version (and there's no way this fort will die THAT quickly anyway.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 23, 2011, 07:46:23 pm »

Note that that regen has NONE of the things that people have asked for. Pure vanilla. Not to mention we'd want it genned in the new version (and there's no way this fort will die THAT quickly anyway.)

God dammit:  Tempting fate like that is why we cant have nice things!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 23, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

Except that I have modded in the bone brick, blood brick, and oar->cannon changes, and can always try regenning it again in the new version.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 23, 2011, 10:19:35 pm »

So is their any way we can remove those mods regen the world then mod it again without damaging anything? Or, since this is a different version, is there no way to get the same world ever again? Sorry for popping up after vanishing for 60+ pages. I'm still going to take my turn.

Edit: After looking at this message again I believe what I just said has already been said. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:21:21 pm by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:42 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure the blood brick reaction doesn't require a regen, and I know the bone brick and oar->cannon mods don't, so the save I made will do. The save Eric posted can simply be modded and opened in .25.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:14 am »

Well yes, but I figured the objective was to include those things such that it wouldn't be replacing anything in the regen, but adding instead...
I make Spellcrafts!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 24, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »

I'm not sure if that made sense or not.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 189