Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 885284 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2460 on: October 24, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

He means that the idea was to make the modded reactions actual new reactions as opposed to rewriting old ones such as the nickel silver making one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:17 pm »

Oh, that makes a lot more sense to me. I suppose I could add in the reactions as new reactions and regen, if that would work better. However, I think keeping things as close to how they previously were in Battlefailed would be preferable, with only the blood bricks and possible caste mods being new.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

He means that the idea was to make the modded reactions actual new reactions as opposed to rewriting old ones such as the nickel silver making one.
Yeah... Thanks for unborking my brain.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense to me. I suppose I could add in the reactions as new reactions and regen, if that would work better. However, I think keeping things as close to how they previously were in Battlefailed would be preferable, with only the blood bricks and possible caste mods being new.

Yes it would be preferable, but adding new reactions rather than replacing normal ones so that in the off chance anyone EVER wants nickel silver or whatever else we can produce that without fiddling with the raws is far better.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 24, 2011, 10:34:39 pm »

Although I still like the idea of the mods being carried over being identical to those already in place, I'm not opposed to making new reactions instead of replacements.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:27 pm »

Maybe even stick in 2 or 3 useless placeholder reactions in case there's a need to mod something brilliant we didn't think of at the outset in later?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 25, 2011, 12:21:22 am »

That's rather ingenious actually. Just a few tags that ensure they're valid, if useless, and adding them to the dwarves' civ definition should do the trick. Hmm... Can the workshop they're performed at be changed on the fly (well, save and exit, then mod, and reload...) or does this for whatever reason cause problems to the game's poor little mind? I doubt it would cause issues, at least.

Hell, one could actually create a few extra materials, tissues, and inorganics entries for participant/viewer approved re-writes. Although that may well be going too far...

P.S, CURSE YOU "E" KEY! CURSE YOU!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:24:03 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 25, 2011, 10:53:09 am »

If I remember right the nickel silver turned bone block reaction was transfered to the kiln from the smelter.

I'll be doing a new video-tour of failcannon, as I scraped the previous one since I was coughing all the time due to a throat infection and my voice wasn't very good due to that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 25, 2011, 04:51:47 pm »

Small Update:

From an engraving near the main gate:

Andreus has finished sabotaging modifying on the building and placing the appropriate levers. I also had him re-route the north gate to one of the two orthoclase levers near it and the trap modification to the other one

It also appears Gizogin has grown attached to his crossbow

EDIT:
Spoiler: I just found this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:56:38 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »

"a warthog the warthog
a horse the horse"

Bravo, game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 25, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »

From an engraving near the main gate:

Oh shit, oh shit.

The ghost of boozedwarf just scared dariush to death. We need to get him back in his grave, and quick

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 25, 2011, 05:45:13 pm »

I'm growing attached to my crossbow!  All is well!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:37 pm »

all mining has been finished, all in corpse hauling duty. Especially since we have TWO murderous ghosts

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 25, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »

The dorfs don't seem all that interested in reburying the dead for me while I run the game further either. Blasted prioritization system.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:31:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:27 am »

At this rate, it looks like my turn won't come up for at least another month or so..... which is very good, since I plan (hope) to buy a new, beefier computer in november or december, which will be good for FPS.

And Dariush does seem to be the butt monkey of the fortress, sorta, doesn't he?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 26, 2011, 01:09:58 am »

And Dariush does seem to be the butt monkey of the fortress, sorta, doesn't he?

Well his avatar IS a dwarf running around on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 189