Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 896060 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2475 on: October 26, 2011, 01:51:23 am »

Speaking of DF-based processor stress tests, I recently found this complete madness.  It slows even my behemoth down to 5 fps until the lava is well and truly spread out and the tsunami has effectively dispersed, and even then it only gets up to about 19-23 or so.  I'm curious to know if you can run it any better :)

But hey, topic, and the being-on-thereof.  Tell me more about what the ghosts are actually doing exactly, Deathsword?  Last I knew they were just scaring puppies and hiding socks.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45:43 am »

The ghost of boozedwarf just scared dariush to death. We need to get him back in his grave, and quick
Waaaaaaait. WHOM do we need to get back in grave?  >:(

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 26, 2011, 03:12:58 am »

The ghost of boozedwarf just scared dariush to death. We need to get him back in his grave, and quick

I think he means they need to memorialize or entomb the corpse of boozedwarf so he cant scare anyone else to death

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 26, 2011, 08:16:04 am »

I think he means they need to memorialize or entomb the corpse of boozedwarf so he cant scare anyone else to death

In Failcannon it pays to be sure.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 26, 2011, 11:03:48 am »

Dariush, Boozedorf and Andreus XI to be exact. Dariush's ghost still hasn't popped up, but those two are mudrerous ones. Andreus scared a puppy to death not long beofe boozedorf did that to dariush. Siege still going.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 26, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »

Andreus scares puppies to death while he's alive.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 27, 2011, 12:53:51 am »

Speaking of DF-based processor stress tests, I recently found this complete madness.  It slows even my behemoth down to 5 fps until the lava is well and truly spread out and the tsunami has effectively dispersed, and even then it only gets up to about 19-23 or so.  I'm curious to know if you can run it any better :)

Heh, my fps stabilizes at 2 on day 1-3. But dear Armok how could anyone expect to survive? I'm having the miners and woodcutters dig a channel/erect a wooden palisade to stem the flow of lava... I feel it's hopeless either way. Free magma moat, I guess...

Even Failcannon isn't this horrendously slow. It may well be more terrifying though.

Now, about those ghosts... Uhh... Hmm. Welp, if luck serves the doomed you should at least be able to end the year without the fortress falling. :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:11:09 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:13 am »

Andreus scares puppies to death while he's alive.

Small dogs are absolutely terrified of me.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 27, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

Now, about those ghosts... Uhh... Hmm. Welp, if luck serves the doomed you should at least be able to end the year without the fortress falling. :P

I don't need luck, I've got ‼SCIENCE‼
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 27, 2011, 02:33:44 pm »

In the event that FailCannon still stands by the time a spot opens up, I'd like a crack at this. If there are any dwarves available to rename, make it Zeratul with the profession of Dark Templar.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:02:50 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46:05 am »

ummm...any dorfs availible? If so, I'll take a military dorf, Name Tryrar profession Goremaster
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 28, 2011, 11:15:39 am »

We're under siege and we get an avearge of 1 dorf per wave, so... none right now, and others have asked before. If, by some blessing of Armok, we get loads of dorfs in a single wave, I'll dorf all I can.

Also, I just drew a megaproject, I'll upload the crudely-drawn picture soon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 29, 2011, 02:03:47 pm »

Some news on the fort, or, rather, curious fail facts about it:

Twobeard's skeleton is in the middle of the second cavern lake, so it's not possible to retrieve it. Will have to slab him.
The forgotten beast party house's floor is made of hair. horse, mule, and other grazer animals, to be specific.
There are many unreachable dwarf corpses, and it's impossible to find any names in the slab list, so we'll just have to hope a horde of angry ghosts don't wipe us out.

EDIT: just found out someone ordered corpses to be atom-smashed. Hopefuly Andreus XI may be there.

EDIT 2: a new FB is in town. Second cavern layer. Not that we need to worry about it finding a way up or anything.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:34:18 pm by Deathsword »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 29, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »

"Hey, a new guy!  Come join the party!"
"Hi guys.  What's going on?"
"Oh, not much.  We're just hangin' out under this fortress."
"Shouldn't we be attacking it or something?"
"Nah.  We have an arrangement.  We don't storm in there and kill them, they don't destroy the very fabric of the universe."
"Sounds fair."
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 29, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

Human caravan arrived. They are being attacked by kobolds as I type this. I'm betting on the humans.

Humans won. A few were crippled, two went insane and the rest left before I could lower the entrance bridge.

EDIT: The ghost of Andreus XI just killed a cat,  rejoice!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:45:08 pm by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 189