Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 908235 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2551 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:50 pm »

The Master looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 05, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »

Thanks for the link. Seems interesting.

EDIT: Still even if we do try to colonize hell, It would be ridiculously easy (probably) with Aussie's checkerboard idea.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:57:15 pm by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 05, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »

The Master has created shmekheh khuzd, killer dwarf, an adamantine statue!

On the item is an image of The Master, 39 Elves, and 6 Dwarves. The Master is insane. The dwarves are screaming. The Elves are fighting. This image relates to the posting of this comment in the late autumn of 2011.
(shmekheh khuzd really does mean killer dwarf in dwarven!)
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 05, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »

I propose HellCannon. Of course, to live up to the name, Aussie will have to take a turn.

Only if I get to open the way to hell, AND with a Checkerboard

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »

Like I said, it would be too easy with the Checkerboard. We need to have more !!Fun!! with it.

I propose drafting every dorf into the military decking them in steel then have them rush headfirst into it.
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 06, 2011, 08:50:07 am »

I propose we name it FailHell, to keep with the Fail theme.

so, 16 against 2... time to pull the lever. I'll try to finish my turn if my computer survives the cave-in.

EDIT: DF currently frozen as Andreus pulls the lever. I'll wait to see if it unfreezes.

EDIT 2: Ok, no way my computer can handle it. Here's the save about 1 second before Andreus reaches the lever. I'm already writing the ending, so to speak. As soon as someone manages to pull the bloody thing, tell me so I can post it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:41:00 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2557 on: November 06, 2011, 10:00:23 am »

I did not know of this self-destruct lever, I must have missed its creation. Why are we pulling it now? Because of the ghosts making it impossible to play or what?

EDIT: I'll try the save.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:55:22 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. It worked better than expected.

I am no SethCreyid, but here it goes:

The time had come. All the strife, all the blood spilled, all deaths suffered, all lead to this moment. FailCannon was about to die. A sacrifice for the greater good of all universes, for the rift created by the evil queen Led had to be sealed.

Andreus stood before the red lever and prepared himself, for it could mean the end of him. Forever. “Faillever” was engraved upon the wall nearby, which would trigger the “Failday”, a massive cave-in that would release a legion of ghosts filled with righteous fury, ready to fight Led in the final battle.

He pulled it. A thunderous crash happened moments after, as layer after layer of catacombs crashed down upon each other, releasing the spirits trapped within.

All the world felt it. The undead queen Led on her throne, the goblin raiders marching towards FailCannon with the intent to sack it, the elves in their forest homes, the kobolds in their caves, the proud humans in their castles, even monsters forgotten by time felt the cataclysm that was to come and, for the first time since the world was born, they felt fear.

And so FailCannon died, and with it died all who were bound to it: Andreus, Queen Led, Lur Thiefwitch and Ura. The Multiverse was irrevocably changed, and while many monsters had escaped their prisons and now terrorized once-pacific worlds, no longer was it under threat of collapsing upon itself.

None would remember the brave dwarves that gave their lives so it was possible, but they died with a sense of fulfillment in their hearts, and knew such a sacrifice was necessary so others everywhere could continue to live.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

even monsters forgotten by time felt the cataclysm that was to come and, for the first time since the world was born, they felt fear.

No shit, two thirds of them were in the Failcannon Funhouse at the time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johuotar, how many survived the Failday?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well, the ghosts wouldn't arise immediately, so it can best be described as "everyone not stupid enough to linger around the catacombs."

In other news, I seem to have unleashed a squeal of ecstasy and excitement when I read this page.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Johuotar, how many survived the Failday?

Everyone except Rrigdway.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

So, soon, we shall have an army of murderous ghosts in the fortress, determined to destroy every living thing.

I approve.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Andreus goes for it...

... and delivers.

The only victim of the lever was Rrigdway who's corpse I found in this staircase.

The save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5157
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 189