Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906379 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

It looks like one of the other collapses that occured was the collapse of the door monument, taking everything below with it including the massive shaft through the caverns.

The other collapse was... something with four statues on top of it, because they're still floating up there. Adjacent to catalysts' cell. That's the one that killed a dorf on the stairway.

... Door monument? That was in THIS fort? Man, I felt like I read that ages ago. I guess... I did, but wow.

So how many collapses were there? More than two from the sound of it.

And now we have floating statues? Hmmm, I wonder if this is the same glitch that caught those two miners in Battlefailed.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Naw, that was caused by saving the game with someone caught as a projectile (falling/being flung). It's possible that can happen here, I think, because of the dorfs being washed down the ramps...
Floating buildings is a different bug/feature.

Also, why the hell would we want to patch reality back together? The ghosts must go to battle, and they couldn't win if reality wasn't broken!

Also, two more forgotten beasts showed up.

Before the beast got up the stairs, Boozedorf's ghost scared Andreus to death. When it did get into the fort, Arcangelsd was the first to go. Everyone is fighting it now. An enormous quadruped composed of solid salt. Not much chance of successfully killing it with Gizogin being the only one armed, with a crossbow, and lying on the ground. Sinclair was also armed, but he's unconscious dead, now. ThatAussieDwarf is now it's primary target, but is taking little actual damage. Deathsword finally arrives, unarmed, and does nothing useful. They've finally killed it; ThatAussieDwarf kicked it's head off. Catalyst never even took part because shes gathering equipment.

The living are now five;
Gizogin
ThatAussieDwarf
Kirby
Deathsword III
Catalyst III

Poor bastards...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:01:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Oh god this is great.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Also, I just noticed dead criminals who return as ghosts show up as living on the criminals list :o

They're absolved of their crimes, though, and don't pick up any new ones for ghostly misconduct.

The flooding is unstoppable now; Oman, the beast, destroyed one of the floodgates. Oh well :P

Ledi V's skeleton was washed into the hospital. A little late for a checkup, don't you think? Wait... It just disappeared... What the hell?

Also also; Boozedwarf scared Andreus XIII to death while he was eating his dinner in that really awesome dining room I assigned my dorf. Choked on fisher berries. And Deathsword just ran off with the exceptional fisher berry roast.

And my latest dorf came back as a ghost... Forlorn haunt. Boring.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:24:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

... Where is the most recent save?  I need to see this, and, if Eric cannot, attempt to save it.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On his computer. The save in the OP is just before Failday began.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I can upload it, hold on.
I make Spellcrafts!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

Just before Failday seems good enough to me.  I may make my own attempt at Failday, if his does not work out.

Speaking of the OP - is it fair to say we may have declared the fort dead prematurely?

Edit - if you want to upload your current Eric I won't object.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This fortress is a zombie.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

This fortress is a zombie.

To the bitter end!  Besides, it only dipped to Pop: 1 briefly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well I've already uploaded 7%, and I'm not going back now!

Honestly I don't think we could even say the fortress is undead; it's just one of those deaths that takes hours of agony to finally end. You know, most of them.
I make Spellcrafts!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

Isn't the "life" of every Fortress just a death of varying slowness and pain?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Damnit! Arcangelsd III, we hardly knew ya.
Let's say it was a impostor xD
I would like to write something and contribute to the story, but my PC has broken down (eerily, the same day in which failday happened. It was really creepy)
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So that's where all the ghosts went.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

So that's where all the ghosts went.
You... You mean my PC?
Actually, that would explain why the motherboard and the electrical part (electricity feeder? Don't know in english) just... Broke. At the same time. For no good reason. And all that whole working fine just 30 minutes ago
I'm scared now.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 189