Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Stranger - Fortress Travellers, Taverns, and Traipsing Thieves  (Read 10437 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: The Stranger - Fortress Travellers, Taverns, and Traipsing Thieves
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:00 am »

This opens up some interesting possibilities for relations with the underground civilisations, or if you settle on the same site as a town or forest retreat. Perhaps they could be induced to trade with your fortress, or require a payment of goods before they'll allow you to dig in and around their homes. If your relations with them are good enough they might even come to your defence against invaders. Civ-relations could have an effect on this as well, as could the individual preferences of the local site leader, and relations could be soured if members of the two civilisations get into a fight.
Some human getting clobbered with a pickaxe for making a short joke and sparking a race riot would certainly be a new and entertaining form of tantrum spiral.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]