Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAW help  (Read 1206 times)

DiGelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAW help
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:38:08 am »

So I've recently switched to the newer updates. 31.12 SDL and Legacy. And of course switching to another release I've had to re-think all my utilities. Since I got those out of the way, I've run into another problem. The .RAW edits I had back in 40d aren't seeming to work with me switching them over. Any help on this? I'll even post my .RAW mods in a spoiler to show what I've got.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So anyone got any tips on what to correct in them to help them run in 31.12?

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
Re: RAW help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:28:56 am »

I think it's now [BUILDING:SMELTER], but I'm not sure if there's anything else.
You can always check the wiki

Also see this.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:31:43 am »

Yes, BUILDING:SMELTER, and I think you might need to add a regent (Something stupid. Make it like, any stone, or something. Gypsum. I hate that stuff) but I'm not sure.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:38:10 am »

And you could always use [PRESERVE_REAGENT] as well so you don't even lose anything.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:02:28 am »

It's [BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]. NONE is a place of a hotkey if you want one (CUSTOM_F means it's "f", CUSTOM_SHIFT_F means it's "F").

You don't need reagents.

Fat won't work because materials were revamped, and you have a typo in your totem (no closing bracket) reaction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 12:32:34 pm »

Be sure to look at the wiki version of my guide. It has a bunch of copy paste stuff that will give you all available raw materials mostly, with the exception to creature bits.

Link in my signature and in my forum guide.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

DiGelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 06:10:12 pm »

Thanks for the help guys.  I fixed it up, I had to go add in permitted reaction tabs into creature_entity, and closed the totem reaction. Now I have a problem with trying to create a reaction in the smelter to create free ale. Anyone have any help on forging that reaction section?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:10:33 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POD_SWEET:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]

I believe this is the reagent and product you are looking for. I'm not sure how to produce something already in a container. So you need to have a barrel, but this will get you alcohol IIRC.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

DiGelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

Thanks. Okay I got that running. And also, hell yes. I created an endless loop of dwarven rum.

[REACTION:FREE_BOOZE]
[NAME:free alcohol]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POD_SWEET:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY]

Editing the last two 'NONE's of the barrel product, to say, METAL:ROSE_GOLD, allows you to churn out a barrel of rose gold. And because I plan to create an entire fortress from mainly rose gold, that works for me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 10:15:52 am »

Don't make barrels of NONE. They can weight too much, and there could be tempretature problems of unknown material too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 02:37:17 pm »

As well as crashes. I learned that the hard way.

DiGelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

Well it worked for my testing needs. I'm now currently reworking other reactions to pump out other needed things.
Speaking of which, anyone have a product code for water? I'm working on a plains that apparently freezes all ponds, including mine hat I was using to keep my animals alive.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:05:00 pm by DiGelu »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 08:25:50 pm »

If you are wanting barrel or bucket water... it's just water instead of creature mat. IIRC...

You could use DFHack to create water.