Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Digging templates - easier, more user friendly than macro usage  (Read 973 times)

Mckee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know there is atleast one suggestions of this, but it seems dead and is only 3 posts long.

I think something very useful, especially for those of us who have a standard layout for our fortresses is being able to lay out mining designations and then save them, so as to be able to 'paste' them somewhere else. This could either be a number of saved, user created templates (possibly something you could then share and download throughout the community) or just a simple copy and paste function, so I designate an area to be dug and can then brush over this with another designation and drop it again and again, possibly with a rotate function.

This would save time with stuff like trap rooms and living areas, although corridors and rectangles or squares would not really benefit much.
'What good is a lesson if your idiot is too dead to learn from it?'

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Digging templates - easier, more user friendly than macro usage
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

Yes please! +1
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

marcusbjol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:45 am »

The currently solution is quickfort.

Not sure time needs to be spent recreating that particular wheel.

iron_general

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:05:23 pm »

I'd like to see somthing similar for exploratory mining, perhap the player could create a 10*10 template to be reproduced across that level.