Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alerts Page  (Read 895 times)

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Alerts Page
« on: August 22, 2010, 12:19:30 am »

I strongly suggest that:

On the alerts page, the squads should be on the right, alerts in the middle, and burrows on the left.  Better yet, have it ask which alert/burrow after choosing the squad, which will avoid that whole which row/column confusion from the military screens.  Also, {civ} shouldnt be a designation attached to an alert, but a "squad" unto itself, making it easier to assign to burrows, etc........

Is it just me, or did Toady purposely make the military screens interface a nightmare just for fun, completely in keeping with the other the rest of the games interface monstrosity?  Weeding out the chaff perhaps?    :P
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Re: Alerts Page
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:59:20 am »

I strongly suggest that:

On the alerts page, the squads should be on the right, alerts in the middle, and burrows on the left.  Better yet, have it ask which alert/burrow after choosing the squad, which will avoid that whole which row/column confusion from the military screens.  Also, {civ} shouldnt be a designation attached to an alert, but a "squad" unto itself, making it easier to assign to burrows, etc........

Is it just me, or did Toady purposely make the military screens interface a nightmare just for fun, completely in keeping with the other the rest of the games interface monstrosity?  Weeding out the chaff perhaps?    :P

No I think its a good system. He just had no way of knowing what the people would hate, and what they would love. It will eventually get up and going.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz