Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: DF to Minecraft utility  (Read 194759 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: DF to Minecraft utility
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 11:52:21 am »

Especially some of the forum favourites.

Is there a place that I can download some large, old, cool fortresses?  All of mine are less than 10 years old.

I'll post the results of any conversions that I do, and it will probably help debug some issues with buildings / constructions that I don't have in my fortresses.
Undergrotto
Copperblazes
Flarechannel

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 12:20:05 pm »

I just tried to get it to convert Undergrotto, unfortunately:
couldn't find suitable process
I should have guessed it might have problems with older versions. In this case 40d.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:27 pm »

bug time!

a community fort I'm playing has a lava pool in the center of the map, on the top of a tower.

guess what happens :P

one way to fix this would be to optionally chose a spawnpoint from the location of the DF cursor.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 01:08:58 am »

Been working on trying to get it to work. I got it to work once with a simple and small level, trying to load up one of my levels and see if it'll work.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 02:40:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 02:50:35 am »

That is AMAZING Japa!
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 09:35:16 am »

Alrighty, this comes up saying I'm missing a component. MSVCP100.dll specifically.

So apperantly I'm missing something or another, anybody have any idea what?

EDIT:  Little bit of google research found it, needed some C++ 2010 redistributable.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:41:24 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:24 am »

you need to install the latest VC++ runtimes

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 11:15:26 am »

I've never bothered with Minecraft, but it might be worth installing for this alone as a neat visualiser.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 12:20:59 pm »

Hm, odd.  My surface fortifications are placed properly, (the top 2 floors of the keep is cut off, and a good portion of the north part of the map is gone but I imagine that's a minecraft limitation) but everything under surface level on the east side of the map seems to have been shifted north about 10 tiles.  Theirs also the minor gripe of roads making 1z high hallways impassible, but considering everything is made for dwarves I guess it makes sense.

I like how it identifies so many structures though.  To my knowledge stonesense is the only one that recognized vertical bar buildings before this.  I also like how it properly constructs objects out of metal that are made of metal.

Even with my one issue and minor gripes, quite an impressive piece of conversion.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »

Some say this could not be done, but you did it.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:56 pm »

Wait, how does this handle floor tiles? I'm confused about how that even could be done.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 02:06:04 pm »

Wait, how does this handle floor tiles? I'm confused about how that even could be done.

From what i read in the thread, the blocks are limited.

Even though for a block tile in DF there are floors + the block and the under tile, I think the conversation only counts the block tile itself ignoring the other tiles.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

rwilliams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »

I really want to try this, but whenever I run it, it crashes on layer 133/147. Any idea what could be causing this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19