Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The most painful deaths ever  (Read 14636 times)

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most painful deaths ever
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 01:28:54 am »

My kittens account for way more kills than any other method - they run outside to chase butterflies and end up leading 5 enemies into traps.  Amazingly they breed faster than I can get them killed!

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 02:33:04 am »

I had a random fight break out in my main dining hall in my current fort... a new recruit fought a couple people, injuring one and outright killing another. This is not the death that is painful.

My blacksmith was the only one that seemed badly injured. He laid on the floor outside my hospital for quite some time. This is also not the part that's painful.

The painful part is my recovery method.

I heard about people re-injuring dwarfs to get them in the hospital, so I used one of my training spears. Underneath him. And then I hooked up a lever to it. And then I pulled the lever. Deflected by his clothes. Another quick two pulls. Same result. I set it to repeat.

His clothing deflected every blow. And trust me... I gave it a LOT of chances. Note: he was unconscious the whole time.

So I forged a silver spear. Deflected by his clothing. o.o I set it to repeat.

The next pull rammed the spear through is brain.

At least I put him out of his misery.

On a completely related note: I'm just finishing up my 11x9 training room for new recruits. The floor is made of upright training spears. 90 spears in total.

So I'll probably be posting in this thread again.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 07:31:53 am »

my one handed elite wrestler was constantly bitten on and swung around by the cheek and lower left arm(couldn't wear a gauntlet because of the whole one hand thing) until she bled to death.

Also had her ears ripped off and was punching with a freshly rebroken right hand for the only few seconds of the fight she could actually fight back.

Had no idea GCSs were that annoying at the time.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 11:01:07 am »

On my current aboveground fort, a sasquatch was causing trouble frightening my carpenters, so I sent the militial after him. Forgetting to arm them with something else than training axes. After 30 minutes of fighting, he was looking a lote like the yeti up this thread and my axedwarf had a shitload of experience. Then they all died from thirst. :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 11:18:03 pm »

I played adventure mode as a human once. i took a 2 z-level fall, broke my toe, and laid unconcious from the pain, dying of thirst before the pain faded away enough to wake up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]