Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 112939 times)

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 06:44:11 pm »

Those features sound so many different kinds of awesome! I wish you luck with your project and look forward to playing it when release comes around!

A large premade city sounds nice, especially if it were persistent, say you kill a bunch of people with one character, and when you make the next those people are dead and maybe it affects the world, say their house goes on sale or it gets inherited by his children or something. Maybe a premade city and randomized NPCs and house availability? You'd probably need an option eventually to repopulate the city or something, or just make it repopulate over time.

Edit: I can imagine playing an average person, working in a job, paying rent, buying groceries, etc, and watching TV one night. Then you hear something outside your window. Then suddenly, a man wielding a big knife crashes through the window and comes after you! Man, that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:45:58 pm by dbfuru »

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:13 pm »

Edit : No, no no! Hands off the cookie jar. I'll release it when it's in a state that doesn't drive me to fits of rage.
But I want a Jeffrey Dahmer Clone now!

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »

Edit : No, no no! Hands off the cookie jar. I'll release it when it's in a state that doesn't drive me to fits of rage.

Dwarf fortress still does that to some people.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:59 pm »

Yeah, I can't wait to try and develop a scheme to make money by becoming a real estate agent, and having my customers have... accidents.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:37 pm »

Yeah, I can't wait to try and develop a scheme to make money by becoming a real estate agent, and having my customers have... accidents.

Bloody, stabby, accidents...

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2010, 06:47:26 pm »

Any thoughts on letting the game be played while in prison after being convicted (perhaps with accelerated time so it doesn't last for a boring amount of time unless a life sentance)? Plenty of serial murder goes on there.

I've actually thought about that. The ideal scenario would be to black out the screen and place an extremely accelerated timer showing the years served, and have randomly generated encounters (things like prison fights or Bubba trying to make you his bitch) that occur during your time in prison, at which point you'd play the encounter and, if successful, the black screen timer resumes. Maybe add opportunities to escape prison as random encounters as well. Kill a prison guard, take his uniform and weapon and stroll on out of there. That's late game stuff though and I'm nowhere near that point yet.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:49:23 pm by TheCrimsonKing »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »

I don't have a specific road map set down for features, I'm simply implementing what I want as I go along. The end result should be something like this :

* Randomly generated city with various districts, or a large, premade city based on a real life location. I prefer the latter. More character can be placed into the locations you create yourself.
* Dynamic AI that adhere to schedules (work,the eat, sleep and so on)
* Night and day with lighting changes to reflect the time.
* Realistic line of sight, realistic stealth and lighting.
* Starting house \ apartment for the player and real estate to buy.
* Regular jobs for income support (or simply steal from your victims or, hell, live like a hobo)
* Hunger and various edible (and not so edible) foods. Cooking.
* Multiple attacks for each weapon (edge, point & blunt for a knife, as an example)
* Trophies. Body parts, fluids and possessions. Place drops of blood on slides if you want.
* Fleshed out mental states, traits and psychological profiles. Experience hallucinations, insomnia, black outs, fits of rage and other conditions. Have traits that automatically perform actions against the players will -- a psychotic who randomly takes off his clothes and runs naked through the streets.
* Drug and alcohol abuse, which ties into mental states and can change your psychological profile.
* Realistic justice system. Get life or the chair for serious crimes, jail time or community service for lesser.
* Realistic evidence system. Police gather evidence and actively seek to find you.
* Disguise's and evidence prevention items. Wear protective plastic suits and masks during messy jobs to avoid spraying blood on your clothes and skin. Place sheets of plastic around the surroundings to reduce the risk of evidence exposure, Dexter style.
* The ability to kidnap characters and take them to any location. Keep them prisoner.
* Reports on the television and newspaper concerning your crimes. Media and public hysteria.
* Join various factions. Become a mob hitman, a crime scene analyst who uses his departments assets to track murderers (hmmm...), a dirty cop, a psychologist who eats his patients. So on and so forth.

Most of those features are a LONG way away though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!!! WORK HARDER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I JUST ORGASMED.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2010, 06:49:02 pm »

No, no no! Hands off the cookie jar. I'll release it when it's in a state that doesn't drive me to fits of rage.

*Claws feebly at you* Release ittttttt....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010, 06:51:58 pm »

Seriously, if you would release this bugged version I would do things I'm not proud of for you. Like baking you cookies. (seriously i might mail you cookies release this please please oh my lord please)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 06:52:34 pm »

No, no no! Hands off the cookie jar. I'll release it when it's in a state that doesn't drive me to fits of rage.

*Claws feebly at you* Release ittttttt....

You have claws?

And I like the kidnapping part.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 06:52:57 pm »

Shame, but don't worry. We'll wait. And watch. Everyday, on any possible place you could have released it. We'll take care of you real nice, unless you try and subvert us. Then, well...ha...ha...ha...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

Patience is a virtue, my scabrous friends. It'll be all the more sweeter when I'm finished fixing it up and it's all shiny and purty.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 06:55:08 pm »

Patience is a virtue, my scabrous friends. It'll be all the more sweeter when I'm finished fixing it up and it's all shiny and purty.

But who wants that?

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »

But who wants that?

I do. However it shall be when it is released, buggy, crippled, venomous, time-wasting, or pristine, shiny, and glimmery, I shall be grateful. I will also be excessively excited.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »

I really wish you would do DF style releases, starting with this buggy one. Please?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 73