Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114205 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:26 am »

I've got no issues with adding child NPC's to the game once I've got some kind of family relationship system and proper schedules set up, so it'll be up to you whether you want to hurt them or not. I draw the line, for the time being, at sexual crimes. Everything else is permissible. If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.
ahem
why do you 'want to touch' butchering children and nailing their limbs to the wall?
IMO: just cut that feature completely (or make it usable on everyone if you insist)

Also did you say your bosses and co-workers don't exist in the world so you cant kill them?
How about cops? Do they live somewhere and have their shedules or just spawn around like in GTA? What if PC is a cop?

If you read earlier into the forum, stuff like that is far off. Basics best is always good.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:18 am »

you can kill the detective who follow our case???

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:29 am »

Rather disturbing, like something you'd see in Twin Peaks.

I lol'd man, and you just earned serious nerd cred with me for the Twin Peaks reference.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 25, 2010, 08:44:45 am »

This sounds awesome.
Posting to watch.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:39 am »

I've got no issues with adding child NPC's to the game once I've got some kind of family relationship system and proper schedules set up, so it'll be up to you whether you want to hurt them or not. I draw the line, for the time being, at sexual crimes. Everything else is permissible. If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.
ahem
why do you 'want to touch' butchering children and nailing their limbs to the wall?
IMO: just cut that feature completely (or make it usable on everyone if you insist)

Also did you say your bosses and co-workers don't exist in the world so you cant kill them?
How about cops? Do they live somewhere and have their shedules or just spawn around like in GTA? What if PC is a cop?

If you read earlier into the forum, stuff like that is far off. Basics best is always good.
indeed, your post is helpful
but you could post linky or short version instead

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 25, 2010, 09:15:21 am »

This is going to be awesome  :D if we all just try to forget about it the months will fly past and it will be out before you know it.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:19 am »

I lol'd man, and you just earned serious nerd cred with me for the Twin Peaks reference.

+1000 points from me
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 25, 2010, 09:57:31 am »

+1000 points from me
1 internets from me
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 25, 2010, 10:00:25 am »

Almost 600 posts.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:30 am »

indeed, your post is helpful
but you could post linky or short version instead
The first version will be published "when it's ready", which initial estimates place at a month or two. It will contain the stuff seen in the demo video and not much else. Cops spawn out of nowhere. There is no city beyond the bunch of houses in the local map. There will be no investigative work done by the police, other than arresting people they catch on the crime scene drenched in blood. That stuff is all planned to be fixed in the future, but unless TheCrimsonKing loses his day job, won't be done for a while.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »

Perhaps King should have posted the video and information about the game a month later, so to avoid the hordes of people begging for a release.
Hello Hunam

Gbroderix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 25, 2010, 01:19:33 pm »

*gasp* just *gasp* came here from the beginning of the *gasp* thread, looks awesome keep up the good work, and one question, in the test version you are playing on releasing, will the new people occupy these houses? after a while?
Quote from: Mechanoid
A troubled boy. I'm kind of afraid of his next plan.
Scamps, pet cat has toppled a computer!
Toady One, Developer has lost a masterpeice!
Toady One, Developer is throwing a tantrum!
Three Toe has been struck down!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 25, 2010, 02:26:30 pm »

I will be the Axe Killer, at every crime scene I will leave an axe in their face.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 25, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »

That stuff is all planned to be fixed in the future, but unless TheCrimsonKing loses his day job, won't be done for a while.
So then I would be justified in thinking that, if TheCrimsonKing were to hypothetically lose his day job, he would have more time to work on Serial Killer Rougelike? I think I'll just make a few phone calls to my nonexistant contacts...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 25, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »

Loses his day job as in we donate lots of monies?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 73