Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114102 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2010, 07:30:51 pm »

Meh, I mean like a real gang with holdups and protection money and gang wars and shit.

That sounds like a very different game. But it sounds cool, tell me if you find one.

Serial Killers are different. XD

Seriously tho: linky for downloady on mediafire or whatevery?

Er... have you read this thread? He says he's not releasing it until it's less game-breakingly buggy, although just about every single one of us wants him to release his buggy version.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 07:31:26 pm »

Idea: Allow use of garbage can lids as improvised shields.  Why?  Because it's fun.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

Meh, I mean like a real gang with holdups and protection money and gang wars and shit.

That sounds like a very different game. But it sounds cool, tell me if you find one.

Serial Killers are different. XD

Seriously tho: linky for downloady on mediafire or whatevery?

Er... have you read this thread? He says he's not releasing it until it's less game-breakingly buggy, although just about every single one of us wants him to release his buggy version.

Poop.

Ah well, I'll just throw twinkies at hobos. That always calms me down.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »

Just wait till the hobos grow a backbone and throw rats at you.

You'll see
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:45 pm »

You'll see
You know Acanthus is now going to dress up as a hobo, and wait outside your house until you leave, just to chuck rats at you.
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2010, 07:37:29 pm »

You'll see
You know Acanthus is now going to dress up as a hobo, and wait outside your house until you leave, just to chuck rats at you.
Rabid rats.

Then, when you're dead, I'll get my two surgical saws and dismember you, drag you to your toilet and piss and take a dump all over your corpse.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

Would it be possible to actually dispose of the corpse in a sensible manner, like burial or just hiding it somewhere?

You'll actually NEED to dispose of corpses carefully. It's not implemented yet, but the plan is to have corpses generate increasing levels of suspicion as they decompose. If you leave a body in a public place, it will most certainly be found. Leaving a body in the house or apartment you killed them in should also result in dramatically increased chances of discovery, as family and friends would no doubt become concerned when the individual in question doesn't answer the phone or door for days on end.

You ideally should be able to bury them and cover them in lime and other chemicals that reduce the stench of rotting corpses, or incinerate them, cut them up and put them in a vat of acid, horrid things like that. But even these should have a random chance of discovery. Also, the chance of you discovering evidence that you unintentionally drop will be determined by your intelligence. You will have to carefully examine the crime scene and body to ensure you don't leave evidence, and a low intelligence character will miss the less obvious things like hair fibers and such.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »

Will there be poisons?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:31 pm »

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:47 pm »

Quick! Must resort to plan B: NOT throw twinkies at hobos!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:55 pm »

Awesome, thanks for sigging me.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 07:43:49 pm »

What about the fire? After all, houses burn down all the time. I imagine the police might find it odd if the body parts were strewn across several rooms, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45:33 pm »

Well, yeah, burying shouldn't be guarenteed hiding... I mean, if a guy goes missing from his house in which there's signs of a struggle, and there's what appears to be a freshly dug grave in his back yard...

I suppose you could include secluded spots to bury people in, although there could be a chance of discovery while you're doing that.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45:56 pm »

I guess strangling someone and burning the fuck out of his house might be able to destroy any evidence (I'm no CSI, so don't look at me)

How would the game mechanics recognize murder instead of an accidental fire?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 73