Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 112922 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »

This is original. I can't stay away from somthing that strikes me as original. I really hope the alpha comes soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »

Most of the UI is pretty polished IMHO.
This is original. I can't stay away from somthing that strikes me as original. I really hope the alpha comes soon.
Why doungen crawlers bore me, they've been done so many times that I hardly even look at them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:20:52 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 06:01:38 pm »

Awesome, if this gets to become insanely popular I expect a stupid broad cast of this on Faux news. DF would be next on the list of most violent video games.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 06:03:01 pm »

Yeah, after you've played Nethack, ADOM, IVAN, Stone Soup, and all the others it gets boring. And then somthing like this (Or Rouge Survivor, for somthing that's actually out) comes along.

Anyway, the media won't pick up on this. It's freeware, and it's the internet. They can't do shit about it on the legal field, and they know it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »

so can not wait for this.
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 06:13:05 pm »

This looks fun.

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 06:13:43 pm »

Consider my interest piqued.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 06:15:24 pm »

Anyway, the media won't pick up on this. It's freeware, and it's the internet. They can't do shit about it on the legal field, and they know it.

Plus, they'd be the ones describing the on-screen action. The people watching at home would have no clue what was going on. Assuming anyone at Fox news even knew how to play a Rouge-like.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »

I'm actually making a account on that forum to ask just that, I want to try it, even in the almost unplayable state it is in right now.
Seeing as you've posted now, could you give him the link to this thread? We need this guy to know he has a growing fanbase established from making a single video of a buggy prerelease.
No Gods, No Masters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »

I can imagine this becoming awesome as awesome gets for a crime-based roguelike.

Now I only hope that we'll be able to start our own gangs and stuff.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »

Plus, they'd be the ones describing the on-screen action. The people watching at home would have no clue what was going on. Assuming anyone at Fox news even knew how to play a Rouge-like.

Huh, now my statement is now invalid.

Then let's make it a big deal! :D
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »

PM him and give him a link to this thread so we can grill him.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 06:22:43 pm »

I'm actually making a account on that forum to ask just that, I want to try it, even in the almost unplayable state it is in right now.
Seeing as you've posted now, could you give him the link to this thread? We need this guy to know he has a growing fanbase established from making a single video of a buggy prerelease.
There's not a link in the first post, nope, none, zip, zero, and you won't be getting it from me.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:10 pm »

DO WANT! I love it when a game like this comes out, its original and was never done before.
Hello Hunam

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 06:24:31 pm »

I'd love to play as a police officer trailing these thugs who eventually gets framed and becomes a hitman killing corrupt cops and criminals alike.

That would be fucking boss, man.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 73